NFX.showcase/CAD

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:25 pm

The color scheme makes Viper look like stuff Kiazi used to enter.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 am

I don't think I've seen any of Kiazi's stuff yet. Was it Kiazi that had the birthday recently?

Anyways, a new and slightly boring Middleweight machine. Kinda inspired by police chases, hence the red and blue detail and LEDs on the front. I'm still trying to come up with an effective MW design that's somewhat original as well.

Last edited by NFX on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Siphai

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by Siphai » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:29 am

all underall styled hinged wedges will require 10 weapon power in order to work

succotash_54

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 am

lol

Nice SZF clone.... I really do mean that in a good way. Being able to copy what's been done helps bolster creativity.

Siphai

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by Siphai » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:24 am

First things first:

Your shit is pretty awesome. The biggest crime at this point is starting ARC: Annihilation before you perfected your CADing skills. The mecanum wheels, are excellent, and Stinger and Panic Attack are perfect clones.

Swarm is a little chunky and a little ugly. imo you're using too dark a yellow for the shade of black/grey you're using. Especially if you're going for that wasp/hornet quality. The wedge is a little steep, so it wouldn't hurt to create a slimmer and sleeker design; lower to the ground. In addition, the spiked tails don't jutt out to the sides. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but a fully spiked thwack tail would make it a little more versatile.

Raven owns. I wouldn't change a thing.

Swingfire is a cool concept. I personally don't care for how thick the lifters are, but that's me. Also keep in mind that a clear lexan side (in Rhino) interferes with your other surfaces and objects (since I think when rendering objects in Rhino, it almost tries to 'mesh' objects that are too close). You can see in Swingfire's side views, it creates a 'scratched' effect that looks a little dirty. The only solution I've come up for this problem (Since it also happens when you move surfaces too closely to objects, getting in the way of decals and labels) is to create a little bit of distance between the two objects so that they don't mesh.

Viper has a bit of a different problem. You can see where certain objects jut out when you connect them, like where your plow meets the arms and where the cylinder meets the main chassis. Two solutions for this are to either:

1. When creating objects, use grid snap to keep everything of the exact same dimension.

2. Boolean union.

Also red and green is an ugly colorscheme that I have no idea why kiazi used :v:

Pursuit looks cool, but I would rather have the rounded back than a slanted one (not racist). Spike/plow setup would still be a nice touch.

NWOWWE

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 3 2011&#44; 08:24 AM</dd></dl><div> Also red and green is an ugly colorscheme that I have no idea why kiazi used :v: [/quote]
Red and Green are supposed to be the two colors the human eye has the most difficulty seeing together (or something to that effect) so there is some basis for it there. This is also why Freddy Krueger's sweater was made red and green. I have no clue what Kiazi's reasoning was though.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 3 2011&#44; 12:35 AM</dd></dl><div> Anyways, a new and slightly boring Middleweight machine. Kinda inspired by police chases, hence the red and blue detail and LEDs on the front. I'm still trying to come up with an effective MW design that's somewhat original as well.

Image [/quote]
What? SZF had a son, and he didn't tell me?&#33; :blink:

Kidding, looks sweet.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Siphai

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by Siphai » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 3 2011&#44; 08:06 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 3 2011&#44; 12:35 AM</dd></dl><div> Anyways, a new and slightly boring Middleweight machine. Kinda inspired by police chases, hence the red and blue detail and LEDs on the front. I'm still trying to come up with an effective MW design that's somewhat original as well.

Image [/quote]
What? SZF had a son, and he didn't tell me?&#33; :blink:

Kidding, looks sweet. [/quote]
Tank's had a grandchild?&#33; :wat:

Meganew

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by Meganew » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Goddamn it, Persuit's gonna be the next uber-rammer :P

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:39 pm

More random concepting. A kooky thwackbot with hinged everything on the drive axle, and a weight inside the thwack arm, attached to a bungee cord at the axle end, which allows it to slide back and forth for quicker swings/spinup and more forceful impacts.

Last edited by NFX on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

Badnik96

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Coooooooooool
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 am

I think this counts as a decent Middleweight design. Not too original, though, kinda your standard invertible ring spinner. Also my first crack at what could be considered an "action" shot. Which took over a minute to render.

Last edited by NFX on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

NWOWWE

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:18 am

I can tell you from experience, two wheeled spinners tend not to do well.

joeychevron

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by joeychevron » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 am

Cool robot :) although I suspect Frank Goacher beat you to both the name and concept about seven years back, hehe.

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:27 pm

I really like solidly built invertible 6WD bots with this sort of shape right now for some reason. Here's another one in no particular weight class with a drum and some interchangeable stuff.

Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle