Sagaris' Showcase

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Sagaris

Sagaris' Showcase

Post by Sagaris » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:01 am

Only joined a couple of days ago and since then been playing a bit with TinkerCad and Fusion, so here's my first robot I guess.

HW: Piggy

Speed: 7
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 8
Armour: 9

Based on a design from when I was around 6/7, Piggy is the first robot I ever remember making a paper model of, so why not make it my first ARC robot aswell. It's a Spawn Again style flipper, just hopefully more reliable.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: Sagaris' Showcase

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Solid, basic cheese wedge flipper with decent power flipper stats. That's a really good first effort. Most impressive is the fact that you seem to 'get' stats better than most rookies. The render's very clean as well.

In my opinion, your next steps will be adding a cutout at the back so your wheels can still touch the floor if you're wedged and adding angled corners on the flipper at the front to better deflect horizontal spinners.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Sagaris

Post by Sagaris » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:27 am

Thanks for the feedback :)

In the last 24 hours I have made three other robots aswell, each one having more components/shapes to them as I'm getting the hang on TinkerCad more and more now.

HW: Union

Weapon: 10

Another CAD based off an old drawing, Union is a wedged box robot armed with a spinning bar at the front. No srimech, but wanted to keep it as similiar to the sketch as possible. If I ever make a Union II then it won't have a self righting issue.

MW: Crocodile

Torque: 7
Weapon: 0
Armour: 11

Relying purely on pushing power, Crocodile is a MW version of a HW robot I sketched a while back with the same name. It's invertible and has a static jaw at the front (unlike the HW that has a hydraulic jaw).

HW: Vespin

Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Weapon: 13
Armour: 7

An almost splitting image of my most successful RA2 HW, Vespin has a devastating drum at the front of the robot which is powerful enough to flip up the oppostion, dealing heavy damage to the base of it's competitors. A wedge at the back keeps Vespin flush to the ground to prevent rear attacks from flippers and deflect horizontal spinners.
Last edited by Sagaris on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:52 am

New bots look good, especially the latter two, but Crocodile's missing two stat points. I'd put those into armour. It's a really interesting stat spread. People will have a lot of trouble getting off your wedge because you'll be pushing as fast or faster than most of them can drive.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Sagaris

Post by Sagaris » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:50 am

Crocodile now has the increased armour. Also...new builds.

HW: Stitches

Torque: 2
Weapon: 7

Stiches is based off a sketch I did when I was at work last year in between designing business cards. It is an invertible wedge with a small drum near the front of the wedge. It's a bit unstable when upside down due to the wedge interference but I can't it as similiar to the sketch as possible.

HW: Flare

Speed: 9
Traction: 7
Torque: 5
Weapon: 0
Armour: 9 (+2 to the wedge)

Flare was originally a sketch from around a year ago which then became an RA2 robot that is competing in "Orc War's Series 3". It has a hinged wedge at the front with small triangle wedges to hold the opposition on the wedge and push them around using it's speed and pushing power. It has side bars to prevent it being beached on it's side.

Sagaris

Post by Sagaris » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:14 pm

More builds.

HW: Darkside

Traction: 3
Weapon: 12

Based on another RA2 build of mine that wasn't very effective in the game, I have made a sleeker version with a two-toothed, bevelled flywheel.

HW: Axiety

Speed: 6
Weapon: 11
Armour: 8 (+2 on the wedge and frame)

Based on my second Orc War's entry, I have built Axiety near exact to it's Robot Arena 2 counterpart.

Sagaris

Post by Sagaris » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:47 pm

No idea if Antweights are a popular thing here but if it is...here's an antweight

AW: Grippy

Grippy is an antweight that relies on it's pushing power as a wedge or if it's opponent is thin enough then it's a static grabber/pusher. Blatant Tough as Nails rip-off.

Sagaris

Post by Sagaris » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:47 am

I might as well update the showcase with my last two creations.

Fortress:

When you try to make an axe bot like Titan but it ends up looking like Blacksmith and Shatter combined and stole Nelly's colours. Will work on an anti-hs config at a later date.

Weapon: 8
Armour: 10 (+1 on the forks)

Aeroplane:

When you find an old K'nex robot from when you were younger and remember being told that undercutters do well in ARC.

Speed: 6
Weapon: 11
Armour: 8

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 03, 2020 1:00 pm

dope shit