Let's discuss next gen systems!

Talk about the lastest in Nintendo, X-box and, if you can afford it, Playstation. Don't forget about PCs and handhelds, but if you go old-ass Atari on us, we'll cut you off at the knees.
Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:48 am

What are people's though on the current and future states of gaming?

We got the X-Box 360 aka Xbox with better graphics. Decent selection of games, but is there anything ground breakinly awesome yet? Plus the new case is weak and easily breakable compared to the tank that was the old xbox.

PS3 aka PS...Oh god, this is going to drain my bank account. $500 plus you have to buy the fucking cords separately? What the deuce? Plus there aren't any "holy crap, must buy" games on launch. I'm predicting a crash followed by a burn.

And then there's the WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! Everyone thought that the new controller was going to suck 14 different varieties of ass, but it's not looking too bad now. Plus the fact that it's compatible with the gamecube controllers and has a bunch of old nintendo games for download makes this a sweet deal. Less than $200 at retail? Also 4 words have me sold on this: Super Smash Brothers 3

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:09 am

I'm going to go with the Wii...I have always trusted the gaming of Nintendo in the past and I have a good feeling about this system. Plus, it's cheaper. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the new Smash Bros game should both be awesome, so I can't wait.

I don't know a whole lot about the X-Box 360 but PS3 looks bad. I don't want to dish out all that money for a system that doesn't look that great, anyways. There hasn't been any games that have impressed me.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:04 am

Hmm... the more I think about it, the more I feel like eventually going for the Xbox 360 one of these days. 500 bucks might just be too much (well actually it IS too much), that and I've steadily become addicted to Halo.

As far as the Wii goes, I dunno. I suppose it could be cool, but I'm not a fan of the controllers (or the Gamecube ones either for that matter).
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Coredesat

Post by Coredesat » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:52 pm

I'm probably going to get an XBox 360 and/or a Wii if I ever get a decent-paying job (need to finish my degree first). Basically...

XBox 360: Halo 3, free XBox Live
Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

PS3: ...a waste of $500. Not even a Final Fantasy game would make me want to spend that much money on a video game system. The only two things that would make me reconsider are if the Bemani games were suddenly ported to it, and if the price dropped by half. Then by at least another third.

doom_force

Post by doom_force » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:47 pm

I'll get a 360 down the line for Halo 3, then stock up on some older games for that then. I've been wanting the Wii intensely since E3 this year, which eliminated my fear that the controller would be as gimmicky as the Virtual Boy. Granted, $60 for controllers and console $50 higher than what everyone thought, it's still my #1 choice.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:37 am

I would really like to get a PS3, but again, the money. The only thing that could make me get it is if they would release some games for it that really wow me that I couldn't get on another console. I mean, I do think the Playstation line has had the best controllers of recent gaming, but that ain't enough.

I'm already pretty used to the Xbox-360 controllers, and it'll be just as good anyway, so I guess that is what it will have to be.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.