NASCAR ARC Series

Talk about the lastest in Nintendo, X-box and, if you can afford it, Playstation. Don't forget about PCs and handhelds, but if you go old-ass Atari on us, we'll cut you off at the knees.
Badnik96

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:52 pm

And a third consecutive race tonight as I continue to catch up on the schedule! Tonight we're racing at Kansas, another 1.5-miler. The sky is overcast, and the threat of rain ending the race early hangs over the drivers much like the gray skies.

On the pole tonight is Bjorn Kristjansson, alongside him in second is last night's winner Akira Queen. Starting in dead last is Kirk Kidd, but I expect him to be in the top 10 within 50 laps. By lap 5, Dave Davies is able to pass Kristjansson for the lead, with Blinky Akabei challenging the 52 for second. Scott McHale makes a smart move that rockets him past both front-row starters into third, with fellow Ignition Motorsports teammate Kyle Wood behind them. The pair of IMS cars continue their charge to the front, blowing by Akabei for second and locking onto the 41 car of Davies. On lap 13, the first caution flag comes out for a collision between Jaelon Sapp, Alex Valentine and Seth Martin.

Kyle Wood wins the race off of pit road and restarts the race in first. The race restarts on lap 18, and the field immediately spreads out into double file, spreading themselves all over the wide race track in a quest for speed. Davies eventually gets by Wood again, and Antonio Alberts is able to get around McHale to hook up with him for second. The 39 eventually passes Davies for the lead. By this point most of the field has fallen into single file, with only cars getting passed racing the outside. Despite some position changes up front, not much happens for the first leg of the race, with Alberts leading unopposed. On lap 42, Aiko Asakura tries to pass Seth Martin on the outside, but runs out of room, getting sandwiched between the wall and the 46 car. Asakura's car takes some minor damage, but he is able to stay in the race. Davies' teammate Mike Hunt races into third to complete the Dodge podium as well. I was almost right about Kidd, as he's in 12th on lap 50. Polesitter Bjorn Kristjansson unfortunately retires from the race due to a mechanical failure on lap 60. Interference by the damaged car of Seth Martin allows Hunt and Spader to pass Davies, sending him back to 4th. Aiko Asakura is the first driver to pit under green, likely due to extra tire wear from the earlier incident. Pit stops cycle through with Alberts holding an 8.7-second lead over Chase Spader, Dave Davies, Blinky Akabei and Kirk Kidd rounding out the top 5. The big winner on green flag stops was Tanner Grant, moving up from 11th to 6th. On the same coin, his teammate Scott McHale dropped from 9th to 16th. Mike Hunt also dropped out of the top 10 due to a poor stop. The race runs quietly from here on out, despite Spader slowly chipping away at Alberts' lead. Things stayed basically the same until Scott Jackson finally got tired of Seth Martin and turned him into the wall, sending out the second caution flag of the day.

Alberts leads the field to the green flag with about 20 to go, and he takes off from the line like a rocket. No one is able to get close to him due to the small set of lapped cars on the restart. Kirk Kidd is able to utilize this to his advantage and comes away in 2nd. A third caution comes out only a few laps later, again involving Martin and Jackson, only this time Ruri Thomson was the catalyst. After this wreck, Martin finally goes behind the wall and retires from the race. Clyde Guzuta is nabbed for speeding on pit road and goes a lap down serving his penalty.

Alberts once again leads the field to the green, but this time it's Tanner Grant who uses the bottom line to make moves, racing up to third. Meanwhile the pair of black and green Dodges of Alberts and Kidd start running away from the field. Kidd gets past Alberts with 13 laps to go, but Alberts isn't giving up his win easily. Despite ten laps of close racing, Kidd is able to hold his lead and race his way to an impressive fourth win! congrats once again to Alex!

Last edited by Badnik96 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by NFX » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:04 pm

a) Dammit Scott. I imagine words were exchanged after the race, many of them containing four letters. :v:
b) Robin Best performing surprisingly well after a relatively slow start to the season. Few top 10 finishes recently.
c) HOW DO WE STOP KIDD
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Badnik96

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:15 pm

Two top 5 finishes for my guys!! Kyle Wood is really proving he has what it takes to hang in there with the leaders. Spader and McHale were there early but dropped out late. Spader needs a reversal of fortune quickly, especially considering he was meant to be my flagship car...
Team Ignition

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:36 pm

I was not aware that Clyde going too fast would be such a detriment to his being able to be in the lead :V
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:51 am

Man, I'm pretty stoked about Kidd's season so far, and I love the way that he just races up through basically the whole field each time (though sooner or later, it's going to bite him in the ass). It's almost as if he qualifies poorly just for the challenge and the thrill of working his way up.

Rosales finally shows what he's capable of and scores a top five finish yet still manages to avoid the highlight reels entirely. Sheehan moves up to occupy the place of mediocrity that was once her teammate's. Small victories for her.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Toxic

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by Toxic » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Press Statement from Lawson Racing:

Seth Martin was racing under the influence of marijuana during the Kansas race, causing 3 incidents throughout the event. Despite being a moving roadblock we still have the utmost confidence in Seth Martin moving forward.

Congratulations to Adam Lawson for his 9th place finish.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:52 pm

see, drivers on marijuana is just a terrible idea

you gotta have your pit crew on it instead. they work so much better, I swear!
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by NFX » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:37 pm

Scott Jackson has been consistently against marijuana legalisation in his home state of Arizona.

I doubt this will help alter his views. :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

Badnik96

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:11 am

i gotta say i love this worldbuilding
Team Ignition

Badnik96

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:00 am

>when you accidentally close the tab you were writing in

This week's race was at Dover, and boy was it a race to remember. Dave Davies and Takumi Fujiwara started on the front row, and Fujiwara led the first 50 laps up until Kirk Kidd stole it from him. Then there was a caution on lap 75 for Mike Hunt getting spun.

Kidd dominated the second half of the race, up until lap 150 when Johnny Rosales and Tanner Grant spun out in front of most of the field, causing chaos.

(at this point is where i accidentally erase everything i had wrote and write the shitty recap above)

This wreck took out a third of the field, including many of the front runners including Rosales, Scott McHale and Magga McDonald. Kirk led again on the restart, with Ruri Thomson, Snuffy McAirborne, Ron Waffle and Takumi Fujiwara rounding out the top 5. Thomson blows the restart massively and gives Kidd a massive lead. However, Kirk's car did receive some rear-end damage during the wreck, making his car a little less dominant. McAirborne begins to reel him in. Snuffy has some troubles getting past the lapped car of Travis Scalabrine, but soon it's a 0.7 second gap between him and Kidd with five laps to go. Unfortunately, Snuffy was unable to regain enough momentum to get past Kidd in time, and so Kirk Kidd wins race number five! Jesus christ

Team Ignition

NFX

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by NFX » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:32 am

I think we need to find some kind of technical infringement on Kirk Kidd's car and disqualify him for a few races. Let the rest of the field have a chance. :v:

Nice to see Robin having another good result, just shy of another top 10. Will Harvey Jr. has been quite anonymous recently, and Scott does his usual shtick of being involved in at least one incident every round.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:27 am

Holy damn. I almost feel bad. Almost. Kidd is the ultimate villain at this point, complete with the black car and aristocratic upbringing. Looks like Sheehan and Rosales are almost done trading places. A fourth place finish for her is amazing. Her complete irrelevance to the race otherwise is standard. Too bad about Rosales. It seems like he was right in the thick of things until he remembered that he's actually a pizza delivery guy and not a professional NASCAR driver.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:49 am

I hate this dumb game. :P
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by playzooki » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:53 am

can we rig it so mike hunt wins a race for comedy value

Toxic

NASCAR ARC Series

Post by Toxic » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Another mediocre finish for Lawson Racing. With no factory support from Chevy, it seems as if running 3 teams has stretched our R&D way too thin, and performance is suffering for it. Hoyte has been a bust all season long....unless a huge turnaround from here on happens, I don't see him being back for the next season.