Super Smash Bros Thread

Talk about the lastest in Nintendo, X-box and, if you can afford it, Playstation. Don't forget about PCs and handhelds, but if you go old-ass Atari on us, we'll cut you off at the knees.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by GF93 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Interesting that we don't have one already considering that SSB4 has been around for a while now, but I'll make one for now. Considering it's quite close to the release date now, what are you most looking forward to in it, and who do you think you'll be playing as?

I downloaded the Demo for the 3DS version the other day (Now available in the UK. :P ), and that's been absolutely fantastic. So far, I've mostly been playing as Mega Man, but I'm also looking forward to trying out Greninja, Little Mac and Pac-Man.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 19 2014, 08:09 PM</dd></dl><div>SSB4 has been around for a while now[/quote]Image

I really couldn't care much about the 3DS version. No offense to those who have it for that, but playing Smash on a small screen seems weird to me (and I don't have a 3DS XL so :P), and I've always played it on home console. (or on Dolphin/Project 64 :v: )

I'll wait for the Wii U version thanks... this and Hyrule Warriors are the only reasons I'm getting a Wii U anyway lmao
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by GF93 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Each to their own, I suppose. Since I actually have a 3DS, I'll definitely get that, but with the release of titles like Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors and this, I'm certainly considering getting a Wii U at some point, too.

From actually playing it though, it actually works very well as a portable title. Runs really smoothly, looks fantastic, and has a very good pace to it- it's a good deal faster than Brawl was, and compared to the previous titles, the characters all seem pretty balanced so far. So Meta Knight probably won't have the top tier to himself this time. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:10 pm

If I actually gave a crap about the WiiU I would consider it, but I'll manage with the 3DS version.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NFX

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by NFX » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:58 am

I'm told people have been destroying their 3DS circle pads while playing Smash Bros. Just something to watch out for. ;)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Badnik96

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:20 am

so the game is now out and fantastic. I've been playing a whole host of characters ranging from Peach to Mega Man, how bout you guys?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:23 am

Well I've been playing with decidedly few characters because I'm pretty terrible overall, but it's been a blast so far.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by GF93 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:39 am

Got the game on Friday myself, and it's been absolutely fantastic so far. Unlocked all the characters in a day, actually. :v:

As for who I'm currently maining, I'm not entirely settled due to how big the roster is, but at the moment I mostly play as Mega Man, Charizard, Greninja, and Little Mac.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:12 pm

I'll probably be a great dirty hypocrite and get it for 3DS anyway. :v: Not too fond of the finger/hand cramps I've been hearing about though.

NWOWWE

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Oct 7 2014, 12:12 PM</dd></dl><div>Not too fond of the finger/hand cramps I've been hearing about though.[/quote]3DS XL master race. :cool:

Badnik96

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Oct 7 2014, 12:12 PM</dd></dl><div>I'll probably be a great dirty hypocrite and get it for 3DS anyway. :v: Not too fond of the finger/hand cramps I've been hearing about though.[/quote]Unless you play nonstop for hours on end it isn't that bad, just take a break and look at your trophies every so often :V
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by GF93 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:40 pm

I've not had any problems so far.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by GF93 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Also unlocked all of Mega Man's special moves today. Definitely cool to see that they've chosen a wide range of weapons from the Classic series in there, I must say. Certainly better than having three variations on the FLUDD when they could've brought back the Mario Tornado. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

BEES

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by BEES » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Oct 7 2014, 12:32 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Oct 7 2014, 12:12 PM</dd></dl><div>I'll probably be a great dirty hypocrite and get it for 3DS anyway. :v: Not too fond of the finger/hand cramps I've been hearing about though.[/quote]Unless you play nonstop for hours on end it isn't that bad, just take a break and look at your trophies every so often :V[/quote]That is the only way that smash can be played...

That Kode Guy

Super Smash Bros Thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:37 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Oct 12 2014, 10:34 PM</dd></dl><div>That is the only way that smash can be played...[/quote]qft