The Pokemon thread

Talk about the lastest in Nintendo, X-box and, if you can afford it, Playstation. Don't forget about PCs and handhelds, but if you go old-ass Atari on us, we'll cut you off at the knees.
NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Honestly I tend to do things pretty similar to that.

I suppose conventional wisdom says that you should always switch out when possible in an unfavorable match-up, but I'm not a damn Juggler-class trainer! :P If there's any hope I can still swing the match-up then I'll usually be stubborn.

Hell it took me years and years to even bother with stat moves. :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:46 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Aug 1 2014, 01:26 PM</dd></dl><div>Hell it took me years and years to even bother with stat moves. :v:[/quote]I never really bothered with them a lot myself (Though I did use a couple, like Calm Mind and Feather Dance.) until fairly recently either, but they can be surprisingly useful at times, particularly if they function as an additional effect to an attack.

Smashed all the rocks in Kalos as well, and still no sign of any damn Shuckles. At this rate, there's probably a better chance of me catching something like Arceus or Mew on Route 1 than even encountering one of those bloody things in the wild. :-/
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:07 am

Still, I did get a reasonably good haul in Wonder Trade, lately. Got a Rotom, two Charmanders (If anyone wants one, do let me know.), a Bulbasaur, a Fennekin, a Totodile (Woot&#33;), a Dralgalge, and a Vulpix.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:54 am

Totodile eh? Well if you happen to run across a Cyndaquil, be sure to keep me informed. :proud:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:48 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Aug 6 2014, 07:54 AM</dd></dl><div>Totodile eh? Well if you happen to run across a Cyndaquil, be sure to keep me informed. :proud: [/quote]OK, I'll be sure to let you know. If I do find one, can I have that Milotic you caught in return? :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:49 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 6 2014, 11:48 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Aug 6 2014, 07:54 AM</dd></dl><div>Totodile eh? Well if you happen to run across a Cyndaquil, be sure to keep me informed. :proud: [/quote]OK, I'll be sure to let you know. If I do find one, can I have that Milotic you caught in return? :P[/quote]If you've given up on smashing those rocks, then yes I'd accept that as a replacement. :cool:

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:52 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Aug 6 2014, 11:49 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 6 2014, 11:48 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Aug 6 2014, 07:54 AM</dd></dl><div>Totodile eh? Well if you happen to run across a Cyndaquil, be sure to keep me informed. :proud: [/quote]OK, I'll be sure to let you know. If I do find one, can I have that Milotic you caught in return? :P[/quote]If you've given up on smashing those rocks, then yes I'd accept that as a replacement. :cool: [/quote]That'd be great, thanks. :cool:

Also had a look at the GTS thing as well. It's a good idea in theory, but it's ruined by idiots making completely stupid requests in return for the most basic Pok
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 am

Yeah I think the GTS has been that way for the past couple Gens. I've never really bothered with it much.

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:57 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Aug 6 2014, 11:55 AM</dd></dl><div>Yeah I think the GTS has been that way for the past couple Gens. I've never really bothered with it much.[/quote]Which is a pity. I mean, it could potentially be a good way to obtain 'mons you wouldn't normally be able to find, but some people clearly have no idea how a fair negotiation works. And even if you do have what the greedy sods want, it has to be at least Level 91 or something as well. ^o)
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Yeah. I've discovered you're much better off trying to deal with someone directly, like through the GameFAQs trade boards.

But I've also never been much of a trader anyway. For one thing I don't really care to go out of my way for 'mons I know I'm probably never going to use anyway (I don't care much for straight up collecting/pokedex completion). And secondly I usually don't have much of anything of value to trade back so people are like "lol get lost deadbeat".

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Aug 6 2014, 12:04 PM</dd></dl><div>Yeah. I've discovered you're much better off trying to deal with someone directly, like through the GameFAQs trade boards.

But I've also never been much of a trader anyway. For one thing I don't really care to go out of my way for 'mons I know I'm probably never going to use anyway (I don't care much for straight up collecting/pokedex completion). And secondly I usually don't have much of anything of value to trade back so people are like "lol get lost deadbeat".[/quote]I'm not really one for collecting either, but sometimes I do come across ones that I like the look of and could use quite effectively in combat, so I do try to search around for those whenever I can.

I mean, there must be over 600 different kinds at least (With presumably One Third of them pointless Pikachu clones, like Dedenne or Plusle and Minun.), you'd never be able to collect them all nowadays. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Josh, I got a Cyndaquil&#33; A Japanese one, but hopefully that's not a problem.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Nahh, that should do just fine.

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Awesome. I'm on there at the moment if you'd like to trade.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:40 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 6 2014, 10:06 PM</dd></dl><div>Awesome. I'm on there at the moment if you'd like to trade.[/quote]Welp, missed that one. :v:

Later on perhaps. :cool: