Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Re: Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Tellu bows again. "As for... limbs regrowing, well, I have no idea. The vines that come out of my wrists... er, wrist now, I guess, can grow back if chopped off, but a whole hand I can't say. A prosthetic hand, while somewhat cool, just isn't the same. If there is a way, I hope I can find it."

Without further ado, Tellu uses the now 30000 credits total she has to purchase a "Deluxgasm" type of each of the 5 categories... assuming there are no further implications.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:37 pm

The minions unhook the arbiters but they seem lifeless, as if some propelling force has left them, but as you do so, some gauges adjacent to their tanks drop to zero. They just slump to the floor, and while a quick inspection reveals nothing wrong with them physically, it seems like they would have to reclaim their own minds to be of any use.

It would seem that they were being used to provide some sort of energy to this place, but for what purpose you can't immediatly tell.
"Great Caesar's ghost! Nothing's ever easy around here, is it?

George, give me a full spectral analysis of the energy signatures and power layouts throughout this building. Everyone else, I want a full recon of the place, top to bottom and inside-out. Stay safe and stay in contact at all times. I want to know where precisely those arbiters' brains went and what this barbaric bowls building's true purpose really is!

And if we can't find out anything useful at all, we'll fall back on Operation Munitions: take the stiffs with us and blow the place sky high!"

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:32 am

Richfield narrowed his eyes suspiciously when the shopkeeper mentioned this new, more expensive upgrade.

"Well that seems highly convenient. I'm not sure I'm happy with the implication that you seemed to assume we couldn't afford these items. You may have honest reasons for withholding legitimate stock back from potential customers, but if so I'd like to hear why. I'd really hate to have to put in a call to my contacts at the Department of Consumer affairs and have you reported."
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 pm

VENGEANCE

As Vengeance inspects the machine, he gets a reasonable idea of what the contraption does; essentially it seems like it could funnel a short burst - perhaps 10 minutes - of all of these arbiters combined powers into Sikander once per day. It looks fairly complex, but there are a few options here - he could easily keep these empty husks of people free - perhaps use them as a bargaining chip, or, redirect the power to allow Vengeance himself to get that burst instead or set it to overcharge so that when Sikander would try to operate that machinery, it would instead wipe out his own powers for a short while.

TELLU, SCARLETT , CYRUS & RICHFIELD

Tellu purchases one item of each sort at the deluxgasm level and receives:

Fine Craftsmanship: A Stradivarius Furious Sports Car - from a universe where Stradivarius made super expensive cars, the Stradivarius Furious is truly the finest. It makes even an amateur driver able to pull off amazing car based stunts beautifully 100% of the time.

Magic: A Staff of Kaleidoscopic Reflection - a beautiful slender ivory staff that can project a shield that takes all energy damage hurled at it, split it into six and then fire it back at the attacker.

Technology: A Small Pot of Quantum Foundation - Some makeup that seems to follow the intent of the user and somehow make the user appear exactly as the intended being so long as they have approximately similar anatomy.

Armour: Helm of Reality Anchor - Prevents the user being displaced against their will in any form - including knock down, knockback, falling or being transported to other dimensions.

Misc: A Tome of Truffle Finding - By reading this long book, you become instantly aware of any valuable wild truffles in your vicinity

Meanwhile, Richfield interrogates the proprietor a bit, who seems quite nervous about a rathy toothy reptile with political power interrogating him. He eventually blurts out that he's had a lot of people trying to haggle on the Deluxocalypse level because they didn't have enough money, so took it off public display until he had evidence that the customer actually had the funds.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Tellu frowns at the shopkeeper for keeping an upgrade from her until after she had paid for her current items, but nonetheless inspects them.

Allegedly the sports car CAN make amateur drivers into professionals, but she doesn't want to take that chance... yet. She considers giving it to someone who can make better use of it than she can.

The staff... oooooh. It reminds her of her old Witches staff that she used briefly, before forgoing it for better use of her plant-based powers. Now that she has the prosthetic hand, it would be a perfect fit. Its power seems incredibly useful for the future battles against Sikander and, most notably, Vengeance.

Make-up... really isn't Tellu's thing, but she considers its usefulness. Some espionage couldn't hurt.

The helm looks a bit unwieldy, but Tellu actually really likes it. She immediately puts it on and examines herself. "Charming," she states.

The book she snorts at. It's likely she knew this all already, but nonetheless endeavours to flip through it at the very least, in case she missed something.

After examining all her items, she notices Richfield continuing to glare at the shopkeep.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 pm

"I see," Richfield growled. "You decided to assume we little more than a troop of vagabonds. Absolutely delightful how you profile your customers."

He gestured at Tellu.

"You were pretty quick to assume her final order while stumbling over the reveal of these more luxurious items. Could it be, perhaps, they aren't all you make them out to be? As someone who was also interested in procuring a full complement of items, I'd like to know how you would go about making this situation right."
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:41 pm

The proprietor looks deeply uncomfortable, but realises he has been backed into a corner...

"I.... I suppose I could exchange one item of her choice for a deluxocalypse level item if that would be reasonable?"

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Tellu appreciates the sentiment, though still a tad miffed.

"I'll exchange the miscellaneous item back to you," she responds. "However, if it's possible, I'd like another Magic category item instead of another misc item."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 pm

"the hell are we bein so aggressive for? we look like hooligans. you're a fuckin dinosaur, I'm literally looking into his soul, and your hand got cut off. Perfectly reasonable for him to not think we got money. and even if we didn't, no need to be riding a high horse.

Anyhow. Sir, I'm lookin to be invincible right about now. gimme three of the real expensive shit in like, armor categories, or anything else likely to roll me something that makes me incredibly hard to hit, hurt, or what-have-you."

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Richfield glowered at Cyrus while the desire to rebut him began welling up inside his brain. In his head he was already constructing a diatribe that would surpass poetic excellence into Homeric verse! It would be a tongue-lashing the likes of which he would possibly never surpass again.

At the same time he also saw the possibility of Cyrus turning his brain into jelly with that object of his again, so Richfield ultimately decided to let the matter drop.

He turned back to the shopkeeper.

"Ah, yes, well... I hope you'll pardon my outburst. It's been a rather stressful time as you can imagine. I'd also like to procure one of each of the top quality items."

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:24 am

After the negotiations are concluded, Tellu trades in her guide to truffle hunting and recieves a Singing Sword. It's various magical properties include adjusting it's balance to optimise with the wielder, the ability to match the resonant frequency of various mundane materials to instantly shatter them and a constant soundtrack sung by the sword which can be adjusted by talking to the spirit who dwells within. It's currently set to S Club 7.

Cyrus meanwhile requests three deluxocalypse armours and recieves:
- Candrac's Trenchcoat - Created for the notorious foe of the underworld Cadrac Rainbowbeam, this irridescent trenchcoat makes the owner proof small physical projectiles up to the size of an arrow by teleporting them elsewhere in the room on a different trajectory, though no guarantee it won't hit an ally.
- Yggdrasil Armour - Heavy wooden plates bonded together by chains that are reasonably functional as regular armour, but more notably, by having armour built from the world tree it is utterly impervious to attacks by both Gods and high demons.
- Crocs of Abyss - a pair of crocs that lets you walk across the surface of things that would normally injure the user without harm. The limits of which have not been tested but at least extend to to walking on lava.

Richfield also gives it a go and recieves:

Fine Craftsmenship - an ultimate calculator - a device which can calculate improbable odds from scanning a scenario. It takes a minute to charge up each time, and 10 hours downtime between to cool off after extreme processing, but can implant in your mind the precise thing you need to do to achieve the objective you aimed for.
Magic - an omnikey - a one use item that will open any lock in the multiverse, somehow regardless of whether it even has a keyhole.
Technology - A Laggan Class War Mech - seems to be powered by the drama of a situation, and without this it is useless, but while functioning a vastly powerful battle mech that mirrors the physical strength of it's opponent.
Armour - Aboleth hide outfit - a strange garment cut to dimedron physique which retains the curse of the dread aboleth - any who attack in melee must resist a curse or their respiratory system is converted so they can only breath underwater.
Misc - Monarchy in a Can - whoever consumes the chicken-ish contents of this can becomes unquestioned monarch of somewhere. Results vary.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Tellu examines the Singing Sword with vague interest. She endeavours to get it to play some Tchaikovsky at some point.

Noticing some mild enmity between Richfield and Cyrus, she tries to speak in a less-than-condescending tone, "Uh, I'm sensing some... rancor here. I'm not sure what started it, but if we're going to procure things for battle, let's use them on our enemies instead of each other, mkay? Great.

"I'm not at all sure what to do with this car, though. I... can't drive," Tellu adds sheepishly.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:09 pm

"Hmm." Richfield mused. "I imagine we could figure it out. I'm sure the manual will indicate which lever is the velocitator and which the deceleratrix."

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:54 pm

RICHFIELD
The car turns out to be so finely made that it can ergonomically fit Richfield and any other roughly human scale being who happens to use it, and Richfield is quickly able to locate the velocitator, the deceleratrix, the directional hoop, the noisy antler and the face torches for the vehicle, as well as everything else he needs to drive it.

TELLU
While unable to get it to Tchaikofsky, Tellu does manage to retune the singing sword to Louis Armstrong.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:52 pm

As Vengeance inspects the machine, he gets a reasonable idea of what the contraption does; essentially it seems like it could funnel a short burst - perhaps 10 minutes - of all of these arbiters combined powers into Sikander once per day. It looks fairly complex, but there are a few options here - he could easily keep these empty husks of people free - perhaps use them as a bargaining chip, or, redirect the power to allow Vengeance himself to get that burst instead or set it to overcharge so that when Sikander would try to operate that machinery, it would instead wipe out his own powers for a short while.
"OK, let's be logical here...

First choice is to overcharge, but only if it won't kill the judges or at least keep their maiming to a minimum. No sense wasting potential future resources after all.

Second choice is to give the power boost to myself, but only if it likewise won't kill me or make me go the full Akira.

If any of the above is too risky for either myself or the judges, third choice is kidnap the arbiters, burn what's left of this dump to the ground and leg it somewhere these comatose lumps might be able to do us some good."