Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Richfield read the message from Tellu. It would be good to connect with her and Scarlett again. They might have some useful information for his upgraded political aspirations.

“I’ll be on my way at once and no doubt the others will along as well.”
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:57 am

TELLU, SCARLETT & RICHFIELD

Richfield follows the directions that Tellu gave him and finds the item shop they are in.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Tellu greets Richfield with a bow, and waits for the rest. Once everyone arrives, Tellu informs them of what has happened, though ashamely hiding her new hand behind her back for most of the duration and looking pale.

After she does that, she reveals to Scarlett that she can give her some credits, if Scarlett wants more stuff or a particularly powerful thing.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:39 pm

"That's certainly an incredible tale! Though I must say you still don't look very well. Normally I'd have a thing or two to say about going against doctor's orders but given what you've gone through lately I'll excuse you."

Richfield looked pointedly at the arm she was trying to hide.

"You're also not being very subtle about that issue. If it's bothering you terribly I recommend you let me take a look at it."
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:43 pm

[COMMUNICATOR MESSAGE TO: BIM]

Defeating sikander will take all of us, regardless of our opinions on each other. Meet us at [wherever everyone is lol]

Cyrus rejoins the group, asking for the most expensive slot of fine craftsmanship item, before noticing palpable secrecy in tellu’s aura. He tenses up, unsure what it means, but worried for the worst considering she was a prisoner of a madman last he saw.

“So,” he asks of tellu and scarlette, “uh, What’re you hiding, exactly?”

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:26 pm

As the cage is bust open and his villainous compatriots free themselves from the confines, the Professor turns his attention to the larger door, and after a few minutes of tinkering, the whole thing pops open, revealing a much larger complex within. It is a not insubstantially sized base and the villains travel through it, slaying robotic sentries as they go, before eventually arriving at an inner chamber...

As Vengeance bursts through, flanked by his minions, he's not precisely sure what he was expecting, but the reality wasn't one he had really considered. Locked around the perimeter of the room in a number of stasis tanks are figures he recognises from his arrival here.... a woman made of light, a duck in a Fez, a purple alien centipede like creature, an orang-utan and, not matching his memory of the time... a middle aged black woman.

For some reason Vengeance does not yet know, Sikander has been collecting his fellow arbiters...
"Behold, ladies and gentlemen; a museum of idiots!

Everyone, set to work and see if you can safely release them from these tanks. We're going to need all the help we can get showing Senor Sikander the door and I'm starting to think that duck in the fez would make a more reliable ally than the freaks and geeks who answered our distress call. Besides, I'm sure this little act of selfless heroism will put me back in the judges' good books for at least an hour or two.

Right then. Time to turn on the old Vengeance charm."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 am

Tellu hesitates, but neither Cyrus and Richfield have given her reason to distrust them at all. Regardless, she continues to hesitate for a bit longer before she pulls her arm from behind her back, showcases the prosthetic hand, and then pops it off so they can see the amputated stump.

"...one of Vengeance's henchman," she says bluntly after a few moments, signifying who did the deed. "I suppose I should be thankful I'm alive, considering there are others who've lost much more, but... this still wasn't a fun thing to go through."

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:38 am

VENGEANCE

The minions unhook the arbiters but they seem lifeless, as if some propelling force has left them, but as you do so, some gauges adjacent to their tanks drop to zero. They just slump to the floor, and while a quick inspection reveals nothing wrong with them physically, it seems like they would have to reclaim their own minds to be of any use.

It would seem that they were being used to provide some sort of energy to this place, but for what purpose you can't immediatly tell.

TELLU, SCARLETT , CYRUS & RICHFIELD
You all join up at the item shop as you fill each other in on the events that happened since Tellu and Scarlett's disappearance.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 am

"It's a rough patch job, but at least I don't see any reason to worry about long-term complications. If there's a chance later I could likely improve the work with the proper facilities."

"Now it probably seems rather mundane given recent events, but I've learned through my government contacts that there is an opening in the deputy mayor position. I feel this is a great opportunity to keep us arbiters, especially present company, high on the public approval spectrum. Mostly I just need to get some assurance that no one here will go out of their way to cause problems for the general population."

"As a show of solidarity, I'd like to extend my current government bankroll to help everyone purchase whatever they need at this shop here."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Tellu reattaches the prosthetic hand. While she does that, Richfield proceeds to drone on about some sort of political gain.

Catching the tail end of that paragraph clearly, Tellu's eyes narrow slightly. She doesn't like those who seek to use their status or whatnot for their own ends, which is why, many years ago, she seduced and then at once slew that man of self-importance who held those under his sway for personal gain. And, hand notwithstanding, was another reason she absolutely loathed Prof. Vengeance, as he was just such a one, if not for political gain but for pure infamy. Pretentious, self-absorbed prick!! How dare he pretend he cared about his own henchman!! What a farce!!!

Mastering herself, however, Tellu takes a deep breath and then replies, "I don't usually go looking for trouble, trouble pretty much finds me. How I deal with it depends on the situation, but rest assured I have no ill will regarding those who truly have honourable intentions."

After that, she catches Richfield's offer. Her eyes widen. "Wh-what?!"

Money...

If it's going towards our cause of taking a boot to the collective asses of Sikander and Vengeance, that's got to count for something, right?

Fine. Do as you will.

"If I were being really honest here..." Tellu stammers, "th-then I would put that towards trying to see if I can regrow my hand... if such a thing is possible. But exactly how much do you have? If this helps us towards our goal of laying the smack down on our enemies, I'd like if everyone was able to procure... let's say... each of the 6000 items. I'm willing to contribute whatever I have left. What does everyone else think?"

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:16 pm

“That prosthetic’s pretty sick, by the way. And perhaps a good reminder to you to not trust people who excitedly seek out power,” he said, subtly digging at bear in mind. He didn’t particularly trust the dinosaur either, with how excited he was to get this mayoral position, but hey, free money was free money, and he’d be willing to go along with it for the time being.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Tellu flushes a little, irritated by Cyrus' words. The only ones she had really trusted up to this point were him and Scarlett. Was Cyrus, perhaps, reminding her about Darksein instructing her how to break the glass back in the prison? Yes, that was foolish... but there was literally nothing else for it either. It was likely he could have killed them all right then and they'd never have known.

Her anger however quickly turns to more shame. Instead, she simply showcases to Cyrus (and Richfield) how the prosthetic hand works. "Not that I've had the chance to test its capabilities yet," she adds.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:36 pm

"Excited probably isn't the right word. I haven't met many politicians that I would consider decent people to associate with regularly, however I think the immediate benefits to having one of us established in a legitimate public position are too great to ignore. Since I had such great success in turning around that potential rebellion back at the castle I'm simply the most logical choice."

"I have a few millions at my immediate disposal which should be more than sufficient to outfit us I would imagine."

Richfield then cleared his throat excitedly.

"Now you say regrow your arm entirely? Is that actually within the realm of possibility? If so I would be most excited to assist with that! Where I come from at least you never see something that amazing in advanced forms of life!"

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:45 pm

If this were an anime or western cartoon, Tellu's jaw would have dropped through the floor. She makes a small mental note to tell the general public that Richfield was the main source of their aid, should Sikander and/or Vengeance be given a royal boot to the arse.

Checking her own total amount, Tellu says, "I-I, uh, don't suppose you could round up around... 22540 credits?"

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm

"Yes I think we can make that work. Truth be told it was my understanding that this was the kind of thing my access to the funds was set up for in the first place and I feel better helping outfit you people I've worked with already than 'guns for hire' type that have been sent by the government directly."

Richfield gave a chuckle.

"I have no doubt that if we come out ahead in all this they'll be more than happy to have footed the bill for it."