Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:19 am

"Ugh... okay, that makes things a little harder. One pint of pure human blood can send eight of us out of here. The catch is that the only human among us doesn't have that much blood left in her. If you wanna wait a few days that'll take care of itself, but even then there's too many of us."
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:23 am

TELLU AND SCARLETT

The Zinc sphere seems to perk up to attention... "You mean.... you could actually get some of us home? You are welcome to share our supplies... but..... how many?"

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:32 am

"How many... how many days? I'm not actually sure. Does time even work here? Gravity sure doesn't, Tellu can tell you all about that. Er... and yeah, only eight... and there's another catch: the human has to be one of them. Which is great for me, being the only human and all, but... well, that only makes room for seven... Tellu probably wants to come back too, and with nine of you lot, that makes ten people for seven transport slots. Yeah, not gonna lie, this kinda sucks, doesn't it?"
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:35 am

Tellu doesn't say anything more. She just nods to Scarlett's words looking rather depressed.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:50 am

TELLU AND SCARLETT

There is a pause, and then the sphere of Zinc replies with what would almost seem like a sigh.

"If you can take eight people with you... I ask that you choose six members of my crew to take home. Spend some time with them over the next few days. I can't ask you to leave your own companion behind, but if at least some of my crew can see Melded again, that will be worth something at least.

You regain your strength over the coming days, but must now decide what you want to know about these people before making your choice...

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>alexjh</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>You regain your strength over the coming days[/quote][OOC: *insert Tellu/Scarlett -related joke here* :V]

Tellu wants to know how the crew even got here in the first place, raising the point in the journal about the "technical glitch" mentioned.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:21 pm

TELLU AND SCARLETT

Tellu discovers that the crew didn't have much idea of what went wrong, only that there was a critical breach in the inter-dimensional breach engine during passage. As a result it fell out of inter-space into this padding dimension and no no means of exiting. Most were killed during the accident, and several more during their subsequent survival.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Vengeance, Kireepins and Pintail turn to Sikander and attack with the full force of their powers - blasting away at the jar, but the "glass" casing appears to be far tougher than expected, and much as they begin to bring their weapons to bear it only takes gradual damage. Vengeance busts out the fullest extent of his canes power and blasts into it, and spidery cracks begin to weave across the surface... But strangely Sikander isn't responding..... and then a ding from George and a rush of air as the scene changes entirely.

It comes to Vengeance in a moment... Sikander has control of the castle teleporters... and Vengeance finds himself and George four miles up, plummeting through the sky towards Melded....[/quote]

"Bugger and blast&#33; Broomstick mode, activate&#33; You're not getting rid of me that easily, you cowardly cortex&#33; Come on, George&#33; Back to the fray&#33;

How are you holding up, old chum? Still under the nasty man's influence? Brave heart, George. There's more raw intellectual might coursing through your wires than a fraction of his little lobes. You can fight this. You will fight this. And you will win.

Now, let me see... I'm sure I put it in one of these pockets...

"Ruby Eye, go take a gander&#33;
Where the bloody hell's Sikander'?&#33;
"
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Tellu asks if it's possible to repair the ship in any capacity.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:41 am

OOC: Posting on my tablet so limited post length and formatting - apologies&#33;

VENGEANCE

His cane transforms in a moment and the Professor rights himself via a barrel roll and hangs in the air above Melded as he checks on George. As he examines his mechanical minion, he can see how Sikander was able to access the systems - the earlier modifications prevented him being hi-jacked remotely but further changes will be needed if George is to be safe in Sikander's physical presence.

As for the technopathic tyrant himself, the ruby eye shows him installing himself into the castle mainframe itself with the core that contained the original Ziggy AI hotwired to process it for him. He still wouldn't have access to the really scary stuff, but even the basic movement and defenses would make getting to him hard going.

TELLU
The crew answer that yes in theory - it's very modular - but they don't have a quintophasic coil, a quantum haiku solver or a hypercore snuggler.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:31 am

Still feeling rather sorry for the crew, Tellu asks if it's possible to find or craft those items, or at least use sufficient substitutes for them.

After that, she goes to visit the succubus in particular, who seemed to be rather heart-broken by the loss of the one who owned the journal.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:28 pm

TELLU

It might be possible conceivably, but you'd need to find another void ship in this vast dimension and only 2 others have ever gone missing.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Abandoning that idea, Tellu goes and asks the succubus how close to the deceased person she was, and looks for methods to comfort her.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:32 pm

TELLU AND SCARLETT

Tellu talks to to the succubus and discovers that Thandana had rescued her during the ship crash, and without it the immortal demoness would have surely been crushed. They didn't know each other that well, but enough that it still hurt.

You also discover the following things about her:

Crkagbthropzzargk "Nancy" Aaaaaarghxxyziz
- Was on the return leg of a holiday to see her family in one of the Sexy Hell Dimensions
- Needs no food and drink and immortal
- Owned/owns a boutique porcelain shop in Melded - one of the few civilians to have survived the crash
- Hobbies include collecting cups with picture of raccoons on them, playing trivial pursuit and supporting the Mad Scientist Town Marauders Sportsball team.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:18 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>His cane transforms in a moment and the Professor rights himself via a barrel roll and hangs in the air above Melded as he checks on George. As he examines his mechanical minion, he can see how Sikander was able to access the systems - the earlier modifications prevented him being hi-jacked remotely but further changes will be needed if George is to be safe in Sikander's physical presence.

As for the technopathic tyrant himself, the ruby eye shows him installing himself into the castle mainframe itself with the core that contained the original Ziggy AI hotwired to process it for him. He still wouldn't have access to the really scary stuff, but even the basic movement and defenses would make getting to him hard going.[/quote]

"OK, if I remember rightly, the installation times on that thing were a bugger at the best of times. If nothing else, it's going to keep his mental abilities at least partially occupied. I doubt we'd have long enough to bash that bloody brain in for good, but this might just give us a big enough window to free our friends...

George, ETA to the surviving Guild's location&#33; If we can make it to them before Brainiac reaches full power, I'll fly in gauntlets blazing and literally break them out&#33;"
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder