Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:58 am

"I didn't know you could glow like that, Tellu! There's a joke to be made there, but, uh, shrimp-wolf-things take precedence."

Now able to see the pack of predators, Scarlett tries to determine if any particular one is bigger than the others or seems to be leading the attack.
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:39 am

TELLU AND SCARLETT

Scarlett takes a few moments to examine the incoming mantis-shrimp and can't detect a single leader, however, they do very clearly have a formation - they look like they are in a wedge, trying to split the two of them apart, presumably so they can deal with them separatly more easily. It also looks like they are trying to surround the two of you while you are in the comparative open.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>"Well done Reginald. I was wondering how long it would take you to work it out. Though honestly, villainous anagrams should really have been an earlier port of call. It's a classic after all.[/quote]

"No argument here. I am getting on in years now. Of course, it usually depends on the name you're trying to disguise being worthy of remembering in the first place..."

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>As for this, well you must appreciate that until very recently you've only been interacting with a gene-modded remote vessel while I myself have been languishing in the God Prison beneath us. That is of course an unsatisfactory set of circumstances, so I assembled a team of C-listers to help further my ends a bit, and investigate my options. No one that would attract too much attention, but powerful enough to get the job done.[/quote]

"Impressive. Not the plan, of course; that's just chapter three of Manipulation 101. I'm more surprised you were able to psychically pilot your avatar from that great a distance, especially one as sophisticated as this. For a god-prison at the bottom of the multiverse, you seem to get surprisingly good Wi-Fi..."

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>But once this tournament was here... things changed a little, and why risk exposing myself when others could do it for me? Having you be a competitor gave you incentive to take out the others for me... which leads to remind you of a point which I'm sure you find pertinent.... who again gave you the heart-containing scepter that lets you be a competitor again?"[/quote]

"Yes, I'd noticed you were just a little bit too eager to impress over these last few missions. That's actually what tipped me off to your little charade in the first place. Rule 27 of the Guide to Criminology - 'nobody likes a brownnose.'

So, you help me climb to the top of the tournament using every slippery trick at your disposal and then what? A quick stab in the back to claim the prize for yourself? A new body, a new home, ultimate power eternal? Or is there something more at play here?

You might as well share, Sikander. Your avatar's starting to look a little green around the veins. I wonder how many lochs-worth it'll take before it just sicks you up outright? You might not be fully connected to each other, but I have a feeling even you would feel that.

(George, recap/status update on the sceptre, there's a good lad.)"
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:59 pm

VENGEANCE

"Hah&#33; You may mock it, but seriously getting those big data cables installed was the most challenging aspects of this entire process - my powers were blocked from getting outside by the prison itself, so I had to rely on manipulating the communicators of visitors over the course of a few hundred years. Not a process I recommend I assure you. But much as you may go through your trite mockery, only two of the original competitors remain, and it's only due to your faffing around before attacking the prison that I haven't already won before a single person discovered my identity.

But as things have progressed in a less than ideal way plans need to change."

Suddenly the giant domed cranium of the stupendously drunk body of Darksein begins to open up to reveal what is functionally a brain in a jar. Some tiny energy boosters flip out from a contraption at the base and the whole thing hovers in the air, as the body you knew slumps to the floor in a decidedly lifeless way.

As this process goes on George reports in - the scepter that Vengeance has about his person is the real deal and contains the heart of Axel Blood. By keeping that heart alive and channeling the weird energies it keep's Vengeance a competitor in the contest. As Vengeance never asked for an analysis before, he doesn't have the schematics - though he can scan it if you wish.

Now fully free of the husk that you knew as Darksein, Sikander resumes his conversation.
"Now, here is your problem. I have tied to my life support systems a very complicated code transmitting to your scepter which acts as something of a dead man's switch. If I was, for instance, to be slain by you here, the code would stop transmitting and the heart will be destroyed, eliminating you from the contest. Now, I appreciate that while that is motive not to kill me, it's hardly one to co-operate. So, I pitch to you this - this would of course not matter if you were the last one left - you'd have at that point won and the heart would no longer be needed. So... help me destroy the entity known as Bear in Mind and the human known as Sasha Burrows. If after that you can manage to slay me, well, then you would have won. If I slay you, I win. Simple."

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:09 pm

"Hmm... May I offer a counter-proposition?

Spear.

Heart.

STABSTABSTABSTABSTAB&#33;

(Come on, George, join in&#33; It is most therapeutic&#33;)"
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:14 pm

VENGEANCE

The blade plunges into the heart of Axel and blood spurts across the room, splashing across the tank of Sikander in a dramatic Tarantino-esque spray. The vast chaos emerald outside begins to disintegrate and crumbles away to dust. Sikander backs off slightly in his weird hover boosters, and seemingly at a loss.

"Well.... I must concede.... that was a move I didn't predict"

EVERYONE

You wallets are increased by 1000 credits each receive a new item machine roll.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>"Well.... I must concede.... that was a move I didn't predict"[/quote]

"Seriously? HA-HA&#33; So much for Mentok the Mind-Taker over here&#33; Either that brandy made its way to your brain after all or you really are just that bloody stupid&#33;

You honestly thought I would value eternal godhood over the chance to royally screw over someone who has personally wronged me? Especially a cowardly, crawling little lickspittle like you? Did you even bother to read my name when you plucked me out of the intergalactic phone book for your ridiculous con-job?&#33;

My name is not Professor Rube, Mr Sikander. Nor is it Professor Greed or Professor Dim-Bulb or even Professor Mercuful...

My name is Professor VENGEANCE&#33; And YOU, SIR, have WRONGED ME for the LAST TIME&#33;

And while your think tank is still reeling from your own incredible incompetence, I call upon the power of the Mock M'krann Crystal to give reality the gentlest of nudges and ensure that my compatriots' paralysis comes to an end this very second&#33; I apologise again for the deception, my friends, and offer you this in compensation; the chance to thoroughly muller the big brainy bastard who played us all for fools&#33;

Come on, comrades&#33; Let's show this git what this "team of C-listers" can really do&#33;

Oh, and I know just what word to use for my shiny new item...

'MIGRAINE'&#33;"
Last edited by StevenMcG on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Edmund Blackadder

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:48 am

VENGEANCE
The False M'Krann pulses with cosmic light and the others regain their movement and turn to deal with this situation. Jackdaw stands besides Vengeance, blades at the ready while Kireepins and Pintail take up flanking positions. Even as they do this, Vengeance's new item materialises about him...

LIVING PATTERN
A living pattern of tight black and white stripes, zig zags and spots which constantly shifts in ways that make it painful for others to perceive. It is current dwelling on Vengeance's opera cape, but can be asked on request to move to different fabrics.

Even as it appears, Sikander recoils backwards, and you see several of the small lenses in the base close their shutters to try and reduce the quantity of the pattern being perceived, but it doesn't seem to help fully.

Sikander snarls... "I can see why Doomforall kept bringing you back here... you do have a way of being a spanner in the works don't you... Very well.... I am still not entirely without resources"

George suddenly fizzles and drops to the floor and the lights suddenly dim as a one of the serving robots steps through a door to the room and swings a metal serving platter at the back of Pintail's head, knocking him out cold. Behind the serving robot emerges two more military minded machines armed with some kind of firearm...

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 am

"............................."

Tellu looks quite hysterical. She can't take anymore of this...

"...hand."
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:32 am

TELLU

Tellu receives a "Interface Optimisation Shell Hand" - a prosthetic hand that can split into having 15 miniature digits to allow incredibly high speed interfacing with not only digital systems, but a number of exotic instruments, tools and weapons not normally usable by humanoids. It can plug straight in to a hand slot and takes it's data straight from the brain's intent rather than connecting to nervous systems, allowing it to carry out feats more complex than the person using it could normally handle.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:03 am

...I picked a bad time to transform.

Tellu keeps the hand in her inventory. She then uses the tiara to try and conjure up whatever she thinks would do the best against mantis shrimps... all she knows is that they have a lethal punch.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:16 am

TELLU
Tellu considers what she can judge about these creatures, and decides to summon a shield and an estoc scaled for one handed use.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:54 am

And, staying as close as she can to Scarlett, Tellu attacks&#33;

[R.I.P. me :v]

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Sikander snarls... "I can see why Doomforall kept bringing you back here... you do have a way of being a spanner in the works don't you... Very well.... I am still not entirely without resources"

George suddenly fizzles and drops to the floor and the lights suddenly dim as a one of the serving robots steps through a door to the room and swings a metal serving platter at the back of Pintail's head, knocking him out cold. Behind the serving robot emerges two more military minded machines armed with some kind of firearm...[/quote]

"GEORGE&#33; George, speak to me&#33; (Blast it all&#33; Must be a scanner in this plastic peeper of mine&#33; The cane must have something, at least&#33;) Stay with me, George&#33; You're not going to let a pound of pickled mince lick you that easily&#33;

Kireepins, cover Pintail and get the little wimp up and at 'em ASAP&#33; A few choice chomps or boots to the bullseyes should do the trick&#33; Jackdaw, focus on the battlebots and aim for the joints&#33; They can't shoot you if they can't aim for diddly-squat&#33;

As for you, headcase, it's gloves-off&#33; Or rather, gloves on&#33; Power gauntlets, GO&#33;"
~ Edmund Blackadder

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:01 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Alexjh</dt><dd>Jun 21 2018, 10:26 AM</dd></dl><div>

- Paddington III is in favour of returning the honey... though asks to request to be allowed to scientifically analyse it.
[/quote]"Bees, listen&#33; I want to know what powers I am dealing with before I make my decision&#33; I want to research this honey in all ways possible, if this honey indeed is rightly yours, then I will find that out scientifically and act accordingly&#33; Paddington III, what analysis do you suggest? In the meantime, I will use my connection with Science Town and ask them what analysis they have available for me&#33; After I am done, this honey will have no more secrets for me&#33;"

BiM rings Science Town and asks what they can do.