Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:09 pm

VENGEANCE

The Guild, or what portion of it remains alive and in good enough condition to do so, assembles in a spacious room with a round table that seems like it would make an excellent plotting chamber.

Darksein sits opposite you, Jackdaw to your right, Pintail between Jackdaw and Darksein, then Kireepins and a hologram of Gurdrothorakkas occupies the final seat. They await your words.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:48 pm

"Ladies and gentlemen, the end game is near. The castle is ours, the last contestants are on their last legs and the hairs on the back of my knees tell me that a great and terrible siege is looming in our very near future. We have made powerful enemies in our short time together and they will not be happy that we are now so close to our grand dream. That clash in the god-guts was just a taster of what's to come, friends, and you know how vicious a scrap it turned out to be.

Now imagine that times infinity to the power of 'bugger me sideways'.

That is what awaits us, ladies and gentlemen. Totally bloody bedlam.

And I can't wait.

Not so long ago, the Guild of Nefariousness was just another name in the villain community. Now we stand on the brink of godhood and loveliness and we would not be here today without the faith and friendship we hold for each other. As I have said to you time and again, trust is the most important component in any team. You don't need a brain the size of a planet to figure that out...

A toast, then! A toast to our fallen sister and daughter of the deep; to Kithras! George, you may bring in the tray.

Well? Go on, everybody. Tea's up..."
Last edited by StevenMcG on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:56 pm

VENGEANCE

The guild all raise their teacups and down them in memory of Kithras.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:12 pm

"Ahhhh. That hits the spot. Thank you, George. Got Gurdy too? Actual, not hologram? Good lad.

Isn't he a treasure? I swear he knows more about us than we do ourselves; how many lumps, milk or no, lemon or honey, right down to the number of stirs required per cup.

Two for me; six for all of you.

His spoon is real silver, don't you know? Only the best for a Ki'rin blend.

Ooh. Bit spicy."
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:23 pm

VENGEANCE

Even as he finishes his sentence, the effect on the Guild is immediate; Jackdaw contorts backwards to stabilize himself even as the paralysis kicks in, Kireepins shrieks in rage and falls off the chair, Pintail falls forward, face flat against the table, you hear the sound of Gurdrothorakkas slumping to the floor within the bowls of the castle as the draconic face drops out of range of the holo projector. Darksein manages to put down the cup of tea before he freezes in place, his cold stare locked on Vengeance.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Tellu checks to see if Scarlett's all right, then decides to just jump the gun and call out "Who's there?"
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:06 pm

TELLU AND SCARLETT

Scarlett successfully clears the dust from her eyes, while Tellu calls out.

There is no response that you recognize as a sentient being. But listening carefully, there is the distant sound of skittering in the area you have just been. It doesn't sound like any of the creatures you have encountered so far...

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:35 pm

"Damn it, where did that dust even come from? More importantly, do ya think that might be that predator from earlier? I wonder if I still have that robo-samurai, it'd make a good bodyguard right about now..."
poopity scoop

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:50 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Even as he finishes his sentence, the effect on the Guild is immediate; Jackdaw contorts backwards to stabilize himself even as the paralysis kicks in, Kireepins shrieks in rage and falls off the chair, Pintail falls forward, face flat against the table, you hear the sound of Gurdrothorakkas slumping to the floor within the bowls of the castle as the draconic face drops out of range of the holo projector. Darksein manages to put down the cup of tea before he freezes in place, his cold stare locked on Vengeance. [/quote]

"Are you sitting comfortably, boys and girls? Then we'll begin.

First, I must apologise for the whole 'poison cup' routine just now. Trite, I know, but sometimes the old ways really are the most effective. Let me assure each of you that the doses just administered were quite painless, possibly temporary and entirely necessary and, once I have explained myself, I have no doubt that any of you would say that you'd have done exactly the same to me.

Consider this our ultimate team-building exercise; for you see, it appears that someone within the Guild of Nefariousness is not singing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of us. Indeed, it seems as though someone has been manipulating the Guild itself for a significant amount of time to serve the twisted, selfish whims of their own big fat head.

Someone in this room...is an officially-licensed traitor.

I'll admit I've had my suspicions for some time now, but no actual proof beyond hunches and coincidences. I thought I was growing paranoid, succumbing to the very such base insecurities I've tried to guide each of you away from so long as we're working together. But then the foxy word automaton downstairs said something during our most recent interrogation session that confirmed my fears; a coded warning in a language they knew only I out of all the Guild members could fully comprehend.

Pro-tip: if you're stumped for a secret messaging system, Saturday morning cartoons are always a winner. People either won't take you seriously or won't have the foggiest idea what you're gabbling about.

And speaking of gabbling, it's about time we started loosening lips around here...

DARKSEIN&#33; All that tea and you still look positively parched&#33; Not to mention, tense. How lucky that I still have one drink left in the cabinet. And unlike the Ki'rin blend, this little elixir can never run out...

GEORGE&#33; Help me clamp the brandy flask in his stupid mouth&#33; Full grip&#33; Don't let go until we're certain he's smashed right out of his inflated bobblehead of a skull&#33;

To your bad health, Darksein. Chin-chin."
Last edited by StevenMcG on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Edmund Blackadder

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Tellu attempts to transform. Upon succeeding, she will try to use her pointed ears to sense any wavelengths/amplitudes/frequencies/other sound related things in the vicinity.

[OOC: I mean, I figuratively can have her transform on a whim, but since she's both lost an arm and is still hungry (urgh that frogurt :P), she might have a little difficulty so I figure the most accurate thing would be to let the DM decide whether or not she can at the moment. :V]

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:50 pm

VENGEANCE

As Vengeance begins pumping Darksein full of alcohol, it's clearly taking a toll on his body, but the eyes remain unchanged.

Then unexpectedly, Darksein's voice fills the room... except his slack jawed mouth doesn't move to cause it... it seems to be being projected from... inside his head?

"Not a bad attempt. Not a bad attempt at all. It's just somewhat unfortunate for you that my mind isn't exactly connected to this body. But very well Professor. You have me at more of a disadvantage than usual, so it's only fair I reward you for your troubles. I think it's fair to say I didn't precisely have your interests at the front of my mind. So... have you worked out who I am then?"

TELLU AND SCARLETT

Scarlett inspects the samurai Baboon it's badly damaged but could probably be placed as a static defense.

Meanwhile after taking a few attempts to bring the concentration, Tellu enhances her ears to listen for their stalker. But what she nears is multitudes of skittering. Whatever is hunting you is not a single but many... probably small... but in a pack. The fact they aren't attacking now perhaps indicates they are waiting for you to be weak enough to take easily?

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:10 pm

Scarlett deploys the baboon.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Now in Daimon form, Tellu's hair tendrils phosphorate, trying to attract the attention of whatever's stalking them onto herself and hopefully leaving Scarlett alone. Her weapons are on stand-by.

[OOC: I assume transforming didn't cause her to grow a new hand. :V]

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:03 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>As Vengeance begins pumping Darksein full of alcohol, it's clearly taking a toll on his body, but the eyes remain unchanged.

Then unexpectedly, Darksein's voice fills the room... except his slack jawed mouth doesn't move to cause it... it seems to be being projected from... inside his head?

"Not a bad attempt. Not a bad attempt at all. It's just somewhat unfortunate for you that my mind isn't exactly connected to this body. But very well Professor. You have me at more of a disadvantage than usual, so it's only fair I reward you for your troubles. I think it's fair to say I didn't precisely have your interests at the front of my mind. So... have you worked out who I am then?"[/quote]

"You mean apart from a surprisingly articulate drunkard? Psychic psychopaths generally can't hold down their liquor for long compared to other villains, so well done on that, I suppose.

(George, throw in some duct tape to keep the body down. Better safe than sorry.)

So&#33; Am I to presume I am in the presence of the great and mysterious Sikander? Small wonder we couldn't find out much about you, given that your current host is a master of mental manipulation, but why? I think it's safe to say you're not hanging around an up-and-coming supervillain squad for fun and games, so what's the plot?

Come on, own up. It's not as if you don't have a 'captive' audience."
~ Edmund Blackadder

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:02 am

TELLU AND SCARLETT

Scarlett places the Baboon out and it can provide a good few meters worth of protection. Tellu finds that her Daimon form is still able to turn her limbs into barbed vines with no issue, but she doesn't think she'll regain her hand after when back in normal form.

Meanwhile, as Tellu lights up her phosphorescence, their stalkers finally emerge. It's a hunting pack.... of what appears to be wolf sized mantis shrimp like creatures covered in tough armour. They swim through the air towards them, and more and more reveal themselves... maybe 15 in all.... and they look hungry.

VENGEANCE
George duct tapes Sikander/Darksein down.

"Well done Reginald. I was wondering how long it would take you to work it out. Though honestly, villainous anagrams should really have been an earlier port of call. It's a classic after all.

As for this, well you must appreciate that until very recently you've only been interacting with a gene-modded remote vessel while I myself have been languishing in the God Prison beneath us. That is of course an unsatisfactory set of circumstances, so I assembled a team of C-listers to help further my ends a bit, and investigate my options. No one that would attract too much attention, but powerful enough to get the job done.

But once this tournament was here... things changed a little, and why risk exposing myself when others could do it for me? Having you be a competitor gave you incentive to take out the others for me... which leads to remind you of a point which I'm sure you find pertinent.... who again gave you the heart-containing scepter that lets you be a competitor again?"