Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:45 pm

"You there!" Richfield called out to the guide. "Don't be shy now! Come out into the courtyard properly!"
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:51 pm

SCARLETT, (QUINN?), TELLU, CYRUS, DURG, RICHFIELD

The Creature sees Richfield and nervously approaches the Dimetrodon.

"Errr.... you are the arbiters correct? The Castle systems have just notified us that your group here now has been granted access to one of the previously sealed rooms of the Castle"

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:52 pm

There's the big blue guy, and the dinosaur, and Cyrus... Tellu, Tellu, Tellu, where is Tellu... ah, Tellu! She's reading something that looks possibly important. Scarlett heads over to go bug her about it.

"Hey!" She can read the book title now that she's closer. Something about AI. That's definitely important. "Anything new in there?"
poopity scoop

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:55 pm

"Fantastic! But it seems some of the others aren't paying attention." He walked over towards Tellu and Scarlett. "Sorry if I'm interrupting anything but apparently our access level is being bumped up and I'm sure you don't want to miss this."
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

PyroTechnica

Post by PyroTechnica » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Samira gives up on her plan and begins an attempt to find a normal job and live a normal life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:11 am

Good god...

So it's kind of like its own supercomputer. micromanaging everything from top to bottom. Its power must be immense... woe betide it if Viluy ever comes along, though.

I can only draw one conclusion from this. That AI who made the robots is definitely not this one. Great. I came all the way back here for fucking nothing?

At this point she's (rather rudely) interrupted by... Scarlett?! Tellu's eyes narrow for a fraction of a second, but she hastily smirks.

"When did you get here? Did you get my message? Or were you tailing me, by any chance?" Tellu lets the last words sink in...

...at least, until the silence is broken (yet again) by... the same reptilian creature from before. The one who healed Axel... kind of. In fact, not just him! Cyrus is there too! And... oh no...

E-eek! When did they all get here?! Especially the giant?! WHY is he even here?! H-he could kill me!!

Maybe... you should check YOUR messages. Idiot.

Tellu checks them... and sees one from Cyrus. Fuck.

Reading it, Tellu still isn't entirely convinced about Durg not being a danger to her - she's still fearful that anything the guy does would literally paste her across the courtyard since she has the durability of a wet paper bag. But hey, it's Cyrus. He seems a bit more trustworthy than Scarlett's recently showed...

Then again... Tellu smiles bitterly. I haven't been a saint myself, have I?

Tellu addresses Richfield. "Access level? I'm sorry, I don't quite understand, but I will follow."

She then tells Scarlett (and anyone nearby) what she suspects about the AI, putting aside her/Scarlett's... ah, situation, as it were. This was more important.

Lastly, she apologizes to Cyrus for not reading his message right away, being engrossed in the book. Whose info she also shares with him.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:30 am

"Your message. Although I gotta admit, I wish I'd just followed you out when you came to check on me and Quinn earlier. You missed the most awkward moment of my life by about a minute. Ugh..."

Scarlett worries that Tellu might ask her what happened, but thankfully a talking dinosaur shows up saying something about access levels. She doesn't have a clue what's going on, but she's ready to move on to whatever's next.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:45 am

"you're good" Cyrus said in response to Tellu. He really wasn't sure what this whole thing about a new room was, but he was down to follow. He did keep on his guard though. It was a tad serendipitous that this just happened to pop up just as they all got there. As they walked, he asked of Tellu and Scarlett "Have you guys found out anything about the Golden Man and his Golden artifacts?"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:16 am

"I'm not sure how much Tellu's told you already, but she found some schematics for things that might pass as 'golden artifacts.' It looks like some kind of mind control setup. The Knight's sword, the Sword of the Purifying Tide, has the receiver wrapped around its hilt, but as I just learned, he can't see it and has no idea that it's there. I tried to convince him, but, uh... I'm sure Quinn will tell you how that went later. Not my proudest moment. Anyway, I did some snooping earlier, and I think if we can make him draw his sword, whatever the mind control effects are will go away, thanks to the sword's magical properties. Or something like that. I'm sensing a gold theme here: would the Golden Man be the guy who made the artifacts?"
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:27 am

"He is the owner of them, at least - I have a friend now who knows this...

making the effects on him go away does not solve our long term problems of someone interfering with the tournament. First the doomfauxall bots, now this! it's making things even more confusing than they need be. Not to mention the Golden Man is up to more than just mind controlling a competitor. He tried to kill the Giant with the help of Mikhail - who was only mostly dead, as it turns out. He was stuck inside of an amulet, and then he disappeared from existence in the middle of our fight. Made life much easier.

Ya know." he finishes, pausing for a moment. "This place is just real fuckin weird."
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:34 am

"Oh Sea Wizard, sparing Lissa is a promise I can make, in fact, do you think that under that condition, we may be able to persuade Lissa to be the third mage for our ritual?

I will go back to Melded to inform other arbiters of my plan, will you accompany me?"

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:24 am

SAMIRA
Unfortunately Samira finds it hard to find a job at all, much less a normal one. Eventually, she finds a part time job in the Mad Science District sorting through piles of lobotomised monkey brains. It's unpleasant work, but the pay is enough to keep food on the table, and a past life as a mercenary has produced someone better able to tolerate the sight of viscera than most.

SCARLETT, (QUINN?), TELLU, CYRUS, (DURG?), RICHFIELD
Richfield, Scarlett, Tellu and Cyrus at least follow the Octoshark down a passageway and it gestures to a door before scurrying off. Something has clearly weirded it out. Durg and Quinn may or may not be following behind them.

They doors slide open soundlessly and they find themselves in... a rather cosy looking living room. Facing them is a large french window that looks out into a small garden and beyond across the City far below. The room itself is lined with bookshelves and across one side a buffet table is laid out - each of the party notes foods they are particularly partial to included. There are several sofas lined around the rest of the room, but the real focus of the attention is who is sitting in one of them. A Doomfauxall missing the false flesh from one side of it's body sitting in a far more naturalistic pose than they are used to seeing them.

"Ah! My guests have finally arrived! Welcome! Please make yourselves at home and help yourselves to as much of the buffet as you want!"

Although the creepy half destroyed face doesn't help with it, the Doomfauxall appears to be smiling warmly.

"I'm glad we are finally able to talk face to face - I think we have much to discuss about this whole contest"

BEAR IN MIND
The Sea Wizard responds that he is unsure as to whether Lissa will be up for that - she is a bit of a timid girl, and regardless of what your intentions are, swapping in one foe for another in this tournament probably isn't going to do much to stop her feeling of dread. However, perhaps she can be persuaded - it's not impossible.

With that being said, the Sea Wizard agrees to go meet with the other Arbiters and before you can react you find yourself teleported to a small cosy living room. Scarlett,, Tellu, Cyrus, and Richfield are there, and you think Durg and Quinn may or may not be behind you. What's also notable is a damaged Doomfauxall sitting politely on a setee opposite

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 am

I fill the arbiters in on what I have been up to.

(AND I REQUEST THE OTHERS TO POST THE SAME, ALEX WILL TOTALLY GIVE A SUMMARY IF WE DO)

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:07 am

The arrival of the mystical "bear" was a more welcome sight than the Doomfauxall. After hearing all his information, Richfield filled in everything he knew in return.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:29 am

Cyrus is a bit too busy being freaked out by the doomfauxall to worry about filling people in on things.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122