Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:53 am

"Rebecca Rose is my future wife! And Seamus McQueen is a fellow human being who as such deserves to have his human rights honored!"

The Monsterworks
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: no.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:59 am

Ulysses Walk

"Citizen, when did you first meet Miss Rose and Mr. McQueen?"

Larry Walker

There's a moment of complete quiet, and Larry starts to wonder if things might not have just gotten worse instead of better. Then, the receptionist lets go of his collar and there's the sound of a match being struck. A tiny flame burns between the two of them for a moment, before the Frenchman uses it to light an old-style oil lantern.

"What nearly happened, old bean" he says with a distinctly English accent, "is that you'd have been shot through the head by a high-caliber sniper's bullet had you taken even one step out that door."

The little man somehow seems a lot less ridiculous now, despite the fact that his appearance hasn't changed a bit. They seem to be at the top of a long staircase. The French - or Englishman? places a finger to his lips and waves Larry down after him. They descend into the darkness with the utmost quiet and caution.

Finally, just as Larry's about to open his mouth, his mysterious rescuer - well, we'll see about that one - speaks. "What's going on is that you've stumbled into something much bigger than yourself. Much bigger than all of us, really."

"Yeah," Larry replies. "I kind of figured as much."

'Old Bean' nods, lips pursed and then glances around surreptitiously. "Now, my good man, I'm afraid I've got to ask you a pair of questions, and a great deal of where we go from here is going to depend upon how you answer..."

Oh great, Larry thinks, not this again.

"Firstly, how do you know Samuel Willard, and second, old chap, what are your opinions on SoDA?"

Crazy Zane

"Well," Frank answers, barely missing a beat, "it's like a tiny little car, only not as fast and it doesn't have doors. I guess we could probably even let you drive it if you'd like."

Then he slips out the front door while Evelyn lingers just inside with a sour expression on her face. Zane takes a few steps forward.

Phineas Marlowe

"Citizen, what is your name and place of birth?"

"Fuck You from Fuck Youville!" Phineas shouts, indulging his childish side. "I'm not answering any questions until I see my attorney."

"Citizen, what is your name and place of birth?"

"Man, you are one dumb machine!" Phineas guffaws.

"Citizen, what is your name and place of birth?"

"If you've hauled me in here, you already know. Get a bit more creative."

"Citizen, what is your name and place of birth?"

"Say, could you untie my hands so I could light a cigarette?"

"Citizen, what is your name and place of birth? Three."

"That's more like it! Mixing things up a bit, I approve."

"Citizen, what is your name and place of birth? Two."

"I wonder what happens when we get to 'one'?"

"Citizen, what is your name and place of birth? One."

"Why didn't you just ask? I.C. Wiener from Uranus Sector!"

The blow comes from nowhere and takes him in the side of the head. Phineas' world spins.

"I have the right to an attorney!" he screams. "What ever happened to Habeas Corpus?!"

"Under amendment five, subsection three of the emergency act of 859, habeas corpus, freedom of assembly, right to an attorney, and right to security of person have been temporarily suspended until such time that the emergency is deemed to have passed."

"Now we're getting somewhere!" Phineas laughs, "and it only took one shiner." He pauses. "Deemed by who?"

"Citizen, what is your name and place of birth."

"I told you already, I.C. Wiener from Uranus Sector!"

There's an unusually long pause, and the professor steels himself for another blow, but it doesn't come.

"Citizen Marlowe of Tottenham Sector, what do you know about Project Sampson?"

So that's what they want.

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 am

"I only physically met Rebecca recently in the Meancat, but my heart tells me I've known her for whole my life... as for Seamus, I only met him when I saw him be repressed by you and your friends on that beach just before downing me!"

Walk's feet start twitching within their shackles.

"These beauties deserve to move!"

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:34 am

Zane has no idea how to drive, but is totally going to now that he's been offered the chance - looks like playing even dumber than usual might've payed off. He takes a look back at his sister with a dull smile; "point me in the right direction"
‽ ROBOTICS (180 - 88 lifetime)

Ruination 4
Nick's Fuzzy Rules: 7-1
Glitch: 5-3
Hazardous Waste Removal: 6-2
Khnum: 4-4


ROBOT2
Hat Garage: 0-0
Lilian: 0-0
Blue Max: 0-0
Neuromancer: 0-0

"giant fucking dinosaur" is in my top 5 picks to win the nut ~V900
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
NWOWWE
Posts: 6834
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:51 pm

SoDA? Geez, what kind of shit are you getting yourself caught up in here Larry?

"Well... The Willard I last knew was just some small time con artist. Obviously based on what I've seen tonight he's trying to move himself up in the world."

"As far as SoDA goes, I can't say I've been the most impressed with they way they've been trending, but I've mostly tried to keep out of organized politics."
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

The Monsterworks
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: no.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Ulysses Walk

"Citizen, you will not speak of this encounter again."

The blow is sudden, hard, and comes seemingly out of nowhere. The blinding pain notwithstanding, Ulysses smiles inwardly. Must've pissed them off again. Then, his world fades to black.

He awakens on a park bench, with Rebecca slumped against him, with no memory of his recent debacle save the vague feeling that he was in some kind of fight and has seen the depths of The Wall. Rebecca stirs. He notices that she has a bruise on the side of her head. He strokes her hair gently, and she opens her big blue eyes. "Ulysses, we have to get out of this place."

Crazy Zane

Evelyn looks resigned as she leads him out the door. The very moment that Zane steps outside, something tiny and fast zips up and stings him in the neck. He pulls it out, enraged. Another takes him in the chest, and then another in the gut. Fuck, not this again. You people need to get more creative. Down goes Zane. Dimly, he registers Frank, standing in front of a golf cart looking shocked. The small man's eyes dart around and he dives for cover.

Zane awakens back on the Scaffold, seated leaning against an old maintenance shed. He looks around for any sign of anything. Maybe it was all a fucked up dream. But he feels different. He's not sure exactly how. He feels calmer - mind you, just a bit - and...stronger, if that's possible. He rises, rubbing at his eyes, and notices a matching pair of red marks on his wrists.

Fabio Pioli

"The two subjects from the earlier observation have been released into the scenario. Vitals are normal, compound BE-14 is active in the male subject. BE-13A is active in the female subject. Responses stemming from different genetic makeups have been guarded against by the fact that the subjects are siblings." He places the recorder back in its holder and intently watches the screen before him. The show is about to begin.

Larry Walker

The small man smiles at him in a vaguely nonthreatening manner. "That's a right old noncommittal answer if I've ever seen one, but it'll do for now, old chap." He raises his lantern. They're in some sort of tunnel. "Right then, follow me."

Larry does as he's instructed and it's quite a long walk, or maybe it's just the fact that the walls are completely uniform and there's no conversation to speak of. Finally, a door looms ahead of them and the pair comes to a stop. "For what it's worth, mate, I'm not a big fan of our recent turn myself, but do try to keep some of your more Savage-friendly opinions to yourself around here."

Larry's mysterious guide opens the door. Inside is a large, smoky bar, with a taxidermied Grizzly Bear standing in one corner, and deer, wolf, and bison heads mounted on the walls. A trophy-sized Muskellunge is mounted over a roaring fireplace, and some of the walls are covered in floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, well stocked with all of the classics as well as the latest periodicals. Big Band Jazz wafts through the air, and well-proportioned waitresses sift their way between tables and booths. Smartly-dressed men clink glasses of whisky against each other and cigar smoke fills the air.

"Welcome to the Lions' Den."

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:34 pm

"Rebecca... staying or going... I am not sure anymore. This place is messed up for sure, but maybe we can mean something by staying. Then again, maybe we can mean more if we go and thereby stay alive...

That Seamus seemed like an honorable man. And a man of the seas. Maybe he can help us leave? Currently I trust him more than the evacuation organised by the government...

And maybe... if I decide to stay after all, I am sorry to say that I can't put that idea out of my mind either, maybe then he can be a friend? Either way, I suggest we go back to where we last saw him... unless you have a better idea regarding where to find him?"

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:39 pm

zane absent-mindedly cratches at the marks as he wanders back to his house tent thing
‽ ROBOTICS (180 - 88 lifetime)

Ruination 4
Nick's Fuzzy Rules: 7-1
Glitch: 5-3
Hazardous Waste Removal: 6-2
Khnum: 4-4


ROBOT2
Hat Garage: 0-0
Lilian: 0-0
Blue Max: 0-0
Neuromancer: 0-0

"giant fucking dinosaur" is in my top 5 picks to win the nut ~V900
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Monsterworks
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: no.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Phineas Marlowe

"Sampson...Sampson...huh, I'm coming up dry."

"Citizen, how do you know Ulysses Walk?"

Suppose I can answer that one honestly enough. "I spent a night in the drunk tank beside him one. Some kinda dancer, I think." Wonder what he's gotten himself into...

"Citizen, how do you know Fabio Pioli?"

"Listen, you lobbing me easy ones as some kinda foot in the door tactic? I'm his Ph.D. supervisor. He's a smart kid."

"Citizen, how do you know EvelynandZaneMatheson?"

"Who the fuck are those?" My oh my, you're eager, and you know more than I thought.

"Citizen, how do you know Zane Matheson?"

"Oh yeah!" Phineas exclaims. "He's on the most-wanted list, isn't he? They shoved him into the holding cell beside us that night in the police station. Let me tell you, not exactly a banner night. Big brute of a man. Scary. Very scary. Don't tell me you think that he, Walk, and I are part of some conspiracy. Man, you guys are barking up the wrong tree. It's embarrassing really. I can't believe my tax dollars are going towards this. I'm definitely voting for Mancini next election."

"Citizen, how do you know Evelyn Matheson?"

"I've never met Zane's mother... or is she his wife, or maybe his sister?"

"Citizen..." Somehow, the voice is darker this time. "Do you know where Mordecai Marlowe is right now?"

Mordecai! That one freezes his blood.

Ulysses Walk

Rebecca sits up and rubs at her eyes. "Yeah, I do. Follow me."

She grabs his hand and starts pulling him. "Marigold works at a lighthouse, part-time, of course. She told me once that sailors from the colonies have to stay within specific areas when they're on shore leave. They have a database over at Falmouth Lightstation Five!"

"And just how do you suppose we'll gain access to said lighthouse?" Ulysses inquires.

Rebecca pauses, suddenly bemused. "Well, I thought you'd just dance your way in there, wouldn't you?" Her expression morphs into a grin. "Good point, though. We'll need Marigold's help. Her place isn't far from here. Just a quick ride on the underground. You coming?"

Crazy Zane

Zane searches the scaffold for his old hovel. It's nowhere to be found. He liked that hovel. In fact, the Scaffold seems unusually empty. The sun beats down on him, the wind whips at his hair, and seagulls hang in the sky, circling and bleating. Eventually, once he regains his bearings somewhat, he finds it. home sweet home. It still would've been sweet to drive a golf cart. His stomach rumbling, Zane peers down into the water for something to eat. The waves are higher than he remembers them. He dangles his feet over the edge, and they splash over his toes. There are lots of fish just below. Some big ones too. As Zane watches, one of them rises up towards his feet, faster, faster, it's coming right at him. Food so eager to be eaten?

Fabio Pioli

Fabio swats at his jeans a little bit. There's still some dust on them from before. His eyes are glued to the screen. Subject One is about to face the First Test. Subject Two is...fishing.

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:32 pm

"Let us go there and do what we need to do to get to Seamus!"

User avatar
Cha0sFerret
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Florida

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Shit, Ethan...

I look down at where he fell.

I'm not really used to this whole violence thing. I didn't expect to still be alive at this point. I probably won't be alive very much longer. One last try at diplomacy, I guess. I can't just pull my hands out of this hook, though, that might give me away. Right, I'm supposed to be a prisoner. Back to foot-dragging.

Hoping they give me enough time to do it, I carve "thank you" into the dirt. I'll drag this prisoner charade on as long as I can.

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Intrigued, Zane leans out a bit closer, ready to grab it
‽ ROBOTICS (180 - 88 lifetime)

Ruination 4
Nick's Fuzzy Rules: 7-1
Glitch: 5-3
Hazardous Waste Removal: 6-2
Khnum: 4-4


ROBOT2
Hat Garage: 0-0
Lilian: 0-0
Blue Max: 0-0
Neuromancer: 0-0

"giant fucking dinosaur" is in my top 5 picks to win the nut ~V900
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
NWOWWE
Posts: 6834
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:00 am

Looks like you've made it into the High Rollers Lounge after all.

This kind of thing wasn't really Larry's style, but after the insanity he had just escaped from a relaxed atmosphere like this was quite appreciated. He turned back to "Old Bean".

"Looks great, but I get the feeling you brought me here for more than cigars and brandy."
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

The Monsterworks
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: no.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Ulysses Walk & Rebecca Rose

Ulysses and Rebecca practically run to the nearest subway stop. Then they wait for three minutes. People seem more fidgety than usual. some of them blatantly try to cut in line. Others are talking excitedly. How much one day can change everything. Rebecca still can't quite bring herself to believe in the farfetched stories of sea monsters, but something is definitely amiss. The government seems to have lost its mind. She tries to pay it no heed, just as she tries to brush the nagging thought that waking up on a bench beside Ulysses came out of nowhere. Hadn't they been down at the docks, arguing with someone? Just trying to remember makes her head hurt.

When they get on the train, one of those ubiquitous orderlies is there, handing out pamphlets on evacuation procedures, temporary housing in the colonies for the duration of your stay and ship assignments by sector and sub-sector.

Ulysses leans in. "Wonder what ours is?" he inquires almost offhandedly. Rebecca flips through a handful of pages. Then it's there, right in front of her: Bold World, Pier W40, Dock 7.

"Isn't that..." she begins.

"Seamus' ship," he finishes.

Jack Smith

"Hah! Would you lookie there, it speaks," says the corporal.

"Kinda," says one of the soldiers.

The officer lowers his gun. "Can. you. hear. me?" he asks slowly.

Crazy Zane

Seemingly out of nowhere, two oily black tentacles, impossibly long, shoot out of the creature. That's no fish! Holy shit! They're tipped by a pair of barbs which sing like hooks into Zane's shoulders and try to pull him off of the Scaffold. The food's fighting back!

Larry Walker

"I took you for an observant one," 'Old Bean' replies. They walk into the bar and are greeted by a smiling blonde woman with just a hint of a southern drawl. "You're here because you might know something," Larry's host continues as they weave through tables until they reach a central smoking area. "And we'd like to know that that something is. We've uncovered numerous plots over the past couple of months to assassinate Mr. Price Masters, and as much as he's pulled our organization in a direction that not all of us may agree with, he's been a boon to our coffers and killing the fellow would only make him a martyr."

Larry makes a noncommittal noise and catches bits and pieces of what's going on around them. A pair of auburn-haired women who must be twins are occupying the same chair and tossing back shots at one end of the bar. There are some blackjack, poker, and rummy games going where Larry could probably make a good deal of money. An older fellow in a bowler hat with a gold-tipped cane and an impressive walrus mustache is lecturing a trio of young men and a pair of young women on the politics of the various European states. A lean young man with a gaunt face, a plaid suit, and wavy red hair is standing on top of one of the big tables and giving an impassioned speech about the rule of law and the positive impacts it could have on all people: savage, colonist, and waller.

"Anyway, old sport," Larry's guide says, "there's no big rush. Make yourself at home for a bit. You've been through an godawful ordeal. We'll find you when it's time to continue this little chat of ours. Until then..." 'Old Bean' takes a step away. Then he pauses and turns. "Right, it was poor form of me not to introduce myself in the first place. I'm Hiram Matheson. Pleasure to meet you." He holds out his hand. "If you've any questions, feel free to ask me."

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Try to find a way to find out who is captaining the ship. If we find it to be Seamus, try to get to have a little chat with captain Seamus, if not Seamus, then forget about the organised evacuation for a second and try to locate Seamus. If we can't find out who is captaining, also proceed to locate Seamus.

Bottom line, I want to have words with Seamus!

Post Reply