Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Kayla isn't happy, to put it mildly, but nothing can be gained from voicing her displeasure. These are violent people - she can tell - while she has always acted with stealth and trickery.

She accepts her 'cut' with a grateful smile. "We really struck it big, didn't we?" Nevermind that it was literally all my initiative.

Emma and Ronnie look at each other and grin.

Why don't you just fuck, already? Kayla doesn't roll her eyes.

------

Emma can tell that the kid's putting up a front. She's pissed off that she gets the smallest cut, and probably feels like she did the lions' share of the work. Emma knows that feeling, but it is what it is. Everybody has to pay their dues. Besides, this is spending money for the brat. Emma needs to actually pay rent. Next time she'll give the girl a bigger cut, unless the haul's too big to resist. In that case, it's going into the 'find mom' fund and nobody will have to know about it.

The two of them conclude their business, and Kayla slips out into the streets.

"And now," says Ronnie, reaching into the drawer where they keep the vodka, "we celebrate." Emma can't say 'no' to that.

-----

When Kayla slinks in through the door, the house is still and quiet. She slides her shoes off of her feet. A ghost. Be a ghost. Then a small sound and a flash of motion startles her. Her mother has fallen asleep at the kitchen table. A candle burns on its stand beside her and her head is resting on a book, long red hair spilling down. The cat is batting at it. Kayla tiptoes toward her and makes a shooing motion at the cat. She leans over to blow the candle out - That's wasteful - when a hand shoots out and seizes her forearm. Kayla jumps and looks at her mom.

"Gotcha!" she whispers, smiling tiredly.

Kayla's nerves go slack. "Oh my god. You scared me."

Her mom sits up straight and releases her brakes, backing away from the table.

"How long were you waiting?" Kayla asks.

"I don't know," her mom replies. "I had a book - Moby Dick." She gestures towards the table. "Anyway, love, where were you?"

Kayla decides on semi-honesty. "You don't wanna know."

Her mother, busy rifling through a cupboard that she can barely reach, glances over her shoulder, a reproach clearly waiting to find expression. She pushes herself up with one arm just enough to grab what she was reaching for, before sinking back down gratefully into her wheelchair. Turning around, she lobs an apple towards her daughter, and Kayla snags it out of the air.

"I guess it's better not to know, sometimes." She brushes some hair from her face. "Just promise me you won't take it too far, okay?"

Kayla nods.

"The apples are already washed," he mom advises.

"Thanks, mom." Kayla takes a bite and sits down at the kitchen table. She watches her mother go off to bed, and considers heading there herself, but her attention is drawn by the book on the table. Marking her mother's page, she flips back to the start and begins reading. She's not completely sure when she stops reading and starts sleeping, but when she wakes up in the morning, she's still at the kitchen table, her brother tousling her hair as he heads off to work for his morning shift at the locksmith's. That gets Kayla thinking.
Last edited by Madman on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:48 pm

Jack Smith

Ethan nods and starts to back away. "But who are they?" he whispers. "What the hell are they doing here? I mean, are we even safe sleeping there tonight?" The two camps would be in sight of each other were it not for the hill.

Emma Ashevak

Once Ronnie's good and drunk and asleep, and Emma has satisfied her...needs, she slides out of bed, careful not to disturb him, and bundles up. She takes $1000 out of her share of the cash, and tucks it into one of her boots. Then, she disappears out the door.

The night is still and quiet now, save for the odd vehicle passing by and the occasional voice from inside a house. The walls around here are crap. Slowly but surely, Emma winds her way through the town proper and even out past the new shanties that have just started going up. The moon is nearly full and she can navigate easily without a light of her own. Warily, she glances behind herself. She isn't being followed. Once she reaches the treeline, she turns right, down the old game trail that leads to the stream. Her footsteps are barely audible beneath the wind. Sighting a large, pinkish boulder in the trees, she heads unerringly for it.

Then something is closing around her foot. Her world is spinning. She's upside down and her ankle! It hurts! It's a snare. dammit! Emma figures that it has to belong to one of the mountain men. Most of them are brothers or sister of the land, and they're scattered all across this area, busy avoiding civilization. Fuck! She swings until she's close enough to a tree to wrap one of her legs around it. Then she pulls herself up, clutching her knife between her teeth, grabs the knife, and slashes.

She lies on the ground for a moment. The angle is definitely sprained, and he tailbone didn't like her falling on it much either. After a few minutes, she gingerly tries to stand. Goddammit. There's no way that she'll make it back down the hill tonight. Gingerly, she reaches into her boot, gritting her teeth through the pain, and fishes her wad of cash out. Glancing furtively around, she sticks it in her bra instead. The pink boulder will have to wait. She cannot draw any attention to it. It's safe for now. Emma scooches away from the snare and begins covering herself with leaves. She'll wait until the mountain man comes to check his traps tomorrow. Then he'll either help her, as he should for getting her stuck in a game trap, or she'll make him do it at gunpoint.

Adahy

Adahy errs on the side of caution. Mysteries are for people who want excitement in their lives. He doesn't. Instead, he heads back towards his dwelling, refilling his flash with some fresh water along the way. He gathers a few wild strawberries from the gardens that he planted two years ago. Then, he continues towards the village. Youngstown has always been relatively close, but it's still a couple of days' walk away - enough that he doesn't really get intruders. The shantytowns around it come and go. He checks in on them every once in awhile. The one by the river has been there for over six months, but this new addition to it meanders out dangerously close to what he has always considered his buffer zone. He scowls.

Eventually, he sets himself down upon a rock as close as he dares come to the place. He takes out his binoculars. The men are hard at work. They're driving stakes and pilings right into the ground. There's no avoiding it. They're here to stay. Without much else to see, he decides to start heading back, checking his traps along the way.

No sooner has he reached his first trap than he can tell that something is wrong. The rope is cu and dangling loosely. Leaves have shifted. Then, there's a voice. A pile of leaves shifts and a young woman - a sister of the land - is looking (or maybe glaring) at him. "It's not nice to catch people, you know."

<hr />

Larry Walker

"La Rochambeau" Larry tells the cabbie. The small, dark skinned man nods. "La Rochambeau," he replies with a perfect French accent. Eh, I was close enough, Larry thinks. Nailing it&#33; He keeps trying to stay positive, if only to avoid his nagging conscience. Shouldn't have just left mom. Ugh, that was some movie villain stuff, but what's done is done.

The cabbie drives like a madman, which is pretty much how any cabbie anywhere drives. Something about that is oddly comforting. Eventually, the buildings start to change. They're still as dense as ever, spilling over each other the way that they do when downtown, but they're older here, more ornate, colonial. Finally, Larry's let off in front of a huge, rambling building. It's getting near to dark, and he hauls his luggage through the front door.

The inside is a mix of art-deco speakeasy and wild western saloon. There are a bunch of cardgames going, music, dancing, slot machines, drinks. For the first time in a while, Larry finds himself grinning.

A small sardine of a man behind the desk grins back. "Our estableeshmente eez to your likeeng, monsieur?"

"Well I'll say," Larry confirms. Home sweet home&#33;

"I am so veree glad to ear zat&#33; So weel you be checking een?"

"Uh yeah, for uh, six nights. You got room?"

"But of course, monsieur." The receptionist begins preparing some papers. "Do you ave a preference for room?"

Larry's about to answer when the little man holds up a finger. "Also, eef you would preferre, we could ave your luggage taken up for you while you enjoy zee... entertainment on offer down ere..."

<hr />

Molly Rivers and Ulysses Walk

Molly shakes her head at the bartender, and he seems to get the message. She rifles through her bag for a bit. Ah, that's just the thing&#33;

Punches are being thrown down on the dance floor. Fabio won't last a minute down there.

Molly puts on her special headphones and takes out her sound gun. "Professor Marlowe, perhaps you'd like to take that call," she manages, rising to her feet. Molly rushes through the swirling crowd and people back away. How odd it is, maneuvering in a soundless world. I suppose this is an approximation of what it would feel like to be deaf. How awful&#33;

Then Molly walks right up to the group of men slugging away at each other, points the sound gun at them, and fires.

~~~~

One moment, Ulysses has the bottle of wine in hand and is deciding whether or not to swing at the jerk who conked him over the head or to offer a sip to his new princess and start swinging in a different way, when something hits him like a ton of bricks. His world instantly turns gray and dizzy. His head throbs and he realizes that he can't hear anything. Around him, people collapse, and the pretty woman drops his head to cover her ears, stumbling away.

Right in the middle of it is a great big ox of a woman with a birds' nest for hair, pointing some sort of weapon that looks like it came straight out of a science fiction pulp at his danceoff opponent and his unexpected assailant. The little Italian seems to have been caught in the middle as well.

Everything on the dance floor stops. The DJ's mouth goes slack. The big woman glances around, something between glee and horror written across her rather homely features. Then, there are loud voices and flashlights. Four police offices pour unto the Meancat. They argue with a couple of people, and cuff others. They cuff the big woman, the two Italians, the angry drunk, the girlfriend, and much to his surprise, him&#33;

~~~~

The sound gun is rather more potent than I'd imagined Molly thinks, and it's still not directional enough. This knocked out far too many people. She looks at their ears. No blood. No signs of permanent damage or trauma. Silver linings, small reliefs.

Then there are police. She protests that she was just trying to end the fight, but she looks so mad at the moment and is so utterly dreadful with people, that she fails to convince them. At least they allow her the small dignity of cuffing herself. "Umm, please try to be careful with that, would you?" she calls after an officer as he stuffs her sound gun back into its bag. He shoots her a weary look and she decides to back off.

Just then, Dr. Marlowe hauls himself up from his drunken stupor and attempts to reason with the police. He plays half-sober quite well: a good quality for any academic, and gets to ride in one of the cars to provide a witness report. Then the whole lot are unceremoniously hauled off, brought to the police station, and thrown in a holding cell. It's so incredibly quiet that it's almost bizarre. Then Molly remembers that none of them will be able to hear much of anything for the next couple of hours.
The sound gun certainly has its benefits. She wonders, momentarily, if she should try to reason with the police in an attempt to get it back. She was, after all, only playing the role of the peacemaker.

~~~~
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:01 pm

Not expecting this at all, Adahy is stunned for a few moments. Who is this? How did this lady get around his(admittedly, weak) traps? How was he found?

"Let's talk for a second. I am a son of the Earth. I live for me and for nature, nobody else. My traps are merely for my safety and staying a step ahead of humanity."

Adahy doesn't sense any danger, so he continues....he smiles and presents himself in a calm and soothing manner.

"Look, you seem smart and level headed. Let's figure each other out before we move forward..."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:24 pm

He took a glance back towards the card games. Probably would be a good way to wind down and get his mind at ease. And he couldn't deny he was curious to see if there were any half decent card sharks in the place. But not the slots. Slots were for old folks and lonely widows. People that have given up on life. Actually, watching people mindlessly pulling on those things like robots kind of creeped him out. Card tables are where you saw real people. He turned back to the man.

"You know, I think I'll take you up on that offer. Sounds fun."
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Larry Walker

"Veree good, monsieur. Your room est le num
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:56 pm

While still in the bar, before being taken away by the police, Ulysses asks for the contact details of the girl that basically saved his life, while his feet do moves that make him impossible to resist.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Obviously not finding any success - or things nearby, Zane opts for a different route.

he grabs the handgun from his pants, and flips off the safety. "IF YOU ARE HUMAN AND WISH TO LIVE, YOU WILL SPEAK&#33;" he yells, firing off a shot in the general direction of where he thinks the sound came originally. he stays as alert as he's able to, knowing that he could be dealing with any matter of beast.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:12 pm

I'm as curious as Ethan is, but the safety of our camp is at stake. There's almost certainly a patrol that will find us if we stick around too long. We need to let the others know.

I shrug and follow Ethan back.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:14 pm

As Molly considers the situation, she grows increasingly mortified by the whole situation - she's certainly never been in trouble with the police before, and her heart sinks as she pictures her parents faces on finding out.... Given the horrible reality - which is only very slightly less terrible than Fabio getting beaten up - she returns to her safe zone - logic and reason.

She tries to remember for a while anything that might help her - anything specific regarding the laws or rules about returning university property (there were certainly a few components in the sound gun she'd salvaged from the heaps of miscellaneous broken machines heaped in the back room of the electronics labs).

She approaches her upcoming statement as she would a thesis, trying to plan for every prospective query she can come up with with a well reasoned and logical answer, leading to the overall summary that though her sound gun had caused unforseen disruption, it was preferable to the physical injuries (or perhaps even deaths&#33; - she shuddered at the thought) which would have occurred had she not intervened, and that the sound gun would be best off in her hands (or at least the universities') where she could fix it into something more refined - perhaps even useful for the police themselves in the future&#33;

As she thinks this through though, she does also eye up the cell itself, you never know where you might get some interesting insights into the engineering choices of other designers...

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:22 pm

Tarein

Well, this is not good. Whatever that jarring BANG was just now, it was nothing compared to the anger in this 'Maud's voice right before. Tarein can't understand any of his words, but the tone is clear that he's angry. Very angry. It seems he will not leave until whatever disturbance he had sensed beforehand is wiped out...

&#44536;&#47532;&#44256; &#45208;...

To compound this, she cannot understand this bumbling fool, and she'd put a big wager that whatever she said, he wouldn't understand either. &#44536;&#47484; &#51200;&#51452;&#33;

Fear does not conquer her just yet. She continues to remain silent. Perhaps even if he does attack, he won't find her. But upon first contact, she WILL move...

&#51200;&#47532;&#44032;, &#51232;&#51109; &#45817;&#49888;&#51008; ...
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:44 pm

Non-Player Characters

Marigold Mahler

Professor Marlowe was drunk. Marigold could tell, even through the phone, but it seemed like Fabio and Paolo had gotten themselves into real trouble, and Molly, somehow, too. How the hell did Molly get in trouble?&#33;

Marigold scampers down the stairs as soon as her replacement comes. She sent the distress call onwards. She contacted who she needed to contact, but she can't stop thinking about that ship. My god. I listened to people die.

In any event, she has to get down to police station No. 4, Livorno Sector. It's not too far away. She has to come, and bring bail money...

Rebecca Rose

She was about to kiss the Flying Dutchman when Molly just had to go all mad scientist on everybody. Why do we still attempt to bring her out to these social events, again? Rebecca opens her eyes as wide as she can, and blinks when the paramedics shine a light in them.

"Sorry, dear," says an older woman who reminds her of a penguin. "It's just precautionary."

Rebecca nods. Better safe than sorry. He was so sweet, with that little smile.He even tried to dance for me as he was being hauled away, even though his balance was completely shot. If the dance wasn't then the effort was endearing.

She'd given him her name and told him that she'd be here next week. She'd see where it went.

<hr />

Tarein and Crazy Zane

"Away, foul beast&#33; Away&#33;" Zane shouts. He fires indiscriminately into the darkness. The muzzle flashes nearly blind him. "You'll never take me alive&#33;"

~~~~

Tarein remains small and still and silent. She listens to the sounds echo, and she recognizes them. Some of the Japanese, when they invaded, and some of the Chinese too, down in the south, they have weapons like these. Yet this one sounds different, more refined, more deadly. She listens to its echoes and determines that they are in a very large room indeed. Through the brief flashes from its muzzle, she catches glimpses of the mysterious man. He is a giant, a monster, conjured up as if from a nightmare. For a moment she wonders if this is, indeed, a nightmare, but she's not so weak as to go back to that kind of thinking.

The flashes illuminate a piece of a ceiling, and a bit of one wall. Suddenly, something burns hot and close, and strikes up sparks right near her face. Tarein flinches, and may, just may have made a slight noise. The shots stop. In their place, there is only a clicking. "Fuck," says Maud.

~~~~

Zane's out of ammo. That makes him angry, and just a little bit scared. Why isn't there light?&#33; There should be light&#33; This sucks&#33; But he was pretty sure that he hear movement. His own footsteps thump across the floor. "Heeeeere kitty kitty kittTeH&#33;" It goes from a tender whisper to a rising snarl, tinged with insanity.

~~~~

His footsteps are drawing closer. Tarein has to decide whether to run or not. She prepares to rise from her crouch, but then, there is a sliver of light - a thin strip - like one that you would see under a door. The monster is so focused on her that he doesn't notice right away. Then he stops. He straightens. A door bursts open. Uniformed men - Are they soldiers?&#33; - burst in. They don't hesitate for one moment. They begin firing their weapons.

~~~~

Zane turns around just a moment too late. The first shot takes him high in the chest. The next two in the gut. The third and fourth in the arms. One in the knee. Zane howls with pain and rage. Through it all, he can hear little feet scampering behind him. So close&#33;

It takes him a moment to recognize that these are rubber bullets. Then one hits him right between the eyes, and Zane sleeps.

~~~~

Bright lights - brighter than any torches, and even oil lamps that she's ever seen, sweep across the room. They point at Tarein. Their weapons point at her. "Identify yourself&#33;" a voice shouts. Their lights are blinding. She blinks. "Put your hands where we can see them&#33;" says another, similarly loud. Then a third, quieter, bemused. "Where the hell are you from..."
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Tarein

Tarein jumps up and whips around. Before she can stop herself, she speaks aloud, "&#50136;&#51648; &#47560;&#49464;&#50836;&#33;&#33;&#33;" and immediately raises her hands into the air.

Too late. She probably realizes they can't understand her... and what on earth did they just say? She only acted on instinct...

&#52509;&#44592;... she thinks. &#50500;&#45768;, ... &#54868;&#49849;&#52509;. &#44536;&#46308;&#51008; &#51068;&#48376; &#51080;&#49845;&#45768;&#44620;?&#33; &#44536;&#47084;&#45208;... &#44536;&#46308;&#51008; &#45208;&#47484; &#51060;&#54644;&#54624; &#49688; &#50630;&#50632;&#45796;

She bows her head, waiting for some action. At least 'Maud' is out of the picture...
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Tarein, Crazy Zane, Ulysses Walk, and Molly Rivers

The men in uniforms don't seem to understand Tarein's words, but they understand her actions. She feels cuffs slipped around her wrists, and part of her wants to lash out immediately, but she doesn't. These aren't Japanese, she notices. They're westerners. She has seen maybe a handful in her entire life. She can't help but stare at them. For their part, they stare at her. Am I in the west, somehow?

"Do... you... speak... English?" one of them asks. She cannot understand his strange words.

"Heh, maybe she's Chinese?" suggests another. Tarein doesn't understand any of this. She shakes her head.

"Right," says one of the solders to the others, "Well, treat her gentle. She's just survived an encounter with Crazy Zane."

"Can't believe we finally bagged the bugger," says another.

"Yeah, he's gonna see the electric chair for sure."

The strange men with the powerful guns lead Tarein towards the light. She blinks a handful of times. They are in a hallway. It is still fairly dim. There are no windows and few doors. The floor is damp and everything smells of seawater. Finally, they lead her to a double door that slides open. Inside is a tiny room with another sliding door on the other side. Tarein walks in and the door closes behind her. It's some kind of defensive room, she muses. Clever. And yet, then, she feels the ground shift ever so slightly beneath her feet. She tries to brace herself, but her hands are cuffed. The men look as her with a mixture of alarm, confusion, and amusement.

"Never been in an elevator before?" says one.

Tarein, still not understanding, shakes her head.

She can sense that they're moving. Upward, upward, ever upward very quickly. It's like a grain pulley, but...for people, and it must be enormous...hundreds of feet, even. What kind of place is this?&#33;

The second set of doors open, and Tarein is led through further hallways. Some of the soldiers drag the gigantic man behind them. They pass other people. Their dress and...everything about them... is odd. They look at her as if she's from another world. Perhaps I am. Finally, she's brought to a place that has what appears to be a government seal over the doorway. She is led inside. There are more men in uniforms inside. A large one who appears to be a moor of some sort wears a more ornate uniform than the others. The men speak. Tarein looks around. There are holding cells. There is a drunk old man pestering a woman in uniform. One of the cells is full of people. They stare at her. She stares at them.

~~~~

Ulysses still remembers the look that girl gave him, even though their ears were both ringing and neither could stand straight. He still has the paper with her name: "Rebecca Rose: The Meancat, Saturday." Ulysses smiles. It was all worth it, if he gets to see her again.

~~~~

Molly is giving a very well-reasoned argument, but the sergeant is of that obstinately unbending sort to whom appeals - both logical and emotional - seem to have no impact. For a moment she considers the latter approach, but she doubts that she's be able to do it convincingly. She tries the 'nonlethal weaponry' angle, and he nods along with her. "I take your point miss, and you dn't need to worry. We can avoid a criminal charge on your part..."

Some relief, at least. Molly feels a large weight evaporate from her chest.

"But I'll have to speak with senior university staff" -

"I am senior university staff&#33;" Dr. Marlowe shouts.

"Sober senior university staff," the sergeant amends, "in order to have this returned to you." He turns the sound gun over in his hands. "Quite an impressive piece of equipment, really. I can see how it might prove useful if refined."

However, before they can continue their conversation, a half dozen officers sweep into the station, leading a smallish Asian woman in cuffs and some costume straight out of the history books before them, and dragging a great big hulking mess of a man behind them. "Excuse me," says the sergeant. "I have to go deal with this."

I've made some good headway. Molly thinks to herself. Perhaps when this disturbance is finished, we can complete the process.

~~~~

Ulysses takes notice of the newcomers. He doesn't recognize either one, which isn't surprising, because both look pretty exotic. One of the Italians leans over him to peer at these strange people. "Holy shit," he whispers, "that's Crazy Zane. He's number three on the most wanted list."

Ulysses realizes that he's not whispering, it's closer to a shout. Nobody can hear much of anything. "And is he coming in here with us?"

~~~~

Zane feels horrible, but at east he feels something. His head hurts, his chest, his gut, his arms, his knee, his ankle, his tailbone, just about everything really. He opens his eyes. He's on the floor of the police station, handcuffed. Fuck. This means death. He'll get the chair this time. The chair for sure. Everybody's busy trying to sort out some Korean chick. At least, she looks Korean. Could be Chinese, maybe even Japanese. That's who was in there with him. She looks ridiculous. Slowly, smoothly, Zane rises and prepares to...

~~~~

"Uh, should he be doing that?&#33;" Ulysses exclaims, pointing at Zane, who's rising to his feet. Molly turns to see him. Her sound gun is within reach of her, Ulysses, and Fabio. Should she grab it, should Ulysses? Should they encourage Fabio to try, or should they just let this play out?
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Zane is confused... it was only the one man this time... and he knew Stabby had killed at least one man. and done who knows what to the children he kidnapped.

well, he supposed they could have noticed the 5 guards he killed that one time.... or maybe that storekeeper he robbed and beat to a pulp said something... or perhaps that one guy he threw into the ocean didn't actually survive....

but did anyone even notice that? he doubted it. and besides, there were lots of people at the wall. He mentally shrugs it off... not the first time he's been in a jail, won't be the last. he slowly rises and looks for a place to sit, wondering how much lower the standards of this station have gotten if they just drop gigantic inmates on the floor - not even in a cell, mind you, but the floor&#33;

and they didn't even bother to remove his bar, or the holster he made for it, he notices. man, they really are losing their touch.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:04 am

Molly really doesn't like the look of the situation - for some incomprehensible reason she notes the hulking man with the crazy expression that has just bought in has been left with his weapon, and she has a horrible feeling that this may go down hill quickly. This is horrible. All she wanted to do was hear some scientific theories and now she is in a police station with at least one man who looks like he is probably a homicidal maniac.... Of course her sound gun is within arms reach at leas, but if she uses that again she'll probably get in more trouble. This is awful.

She considers her options for a minute, and then decides on the least risky course of action. She tucks inwards and shifts her body language in subtle ways.... it's a trick she learnt long ago around children who would have teased her. There was nothing uncanny about it, but just becoming the least noticeable person in a room was often the key to making a day slightly less miserable... and in a room like this which seemed to be a rapidly filling up madhouse it should be easier than usual if anything.

Carefully she positions herself as close as she can to the sound gun and waits to see what will happen. If the police handle it fine, she'll let them get on with it, but if the crazy man looks like he might hurt someone she can try to put him down...

This really is awful.