Psycho Killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:27 am

Elsehwere

"I... I took it!"

-"You what?!"

"It's right here with me woman!"

-"And you thought this was a good idea because..."

"I will make this city great again!"

-"But can you even control it?"

"I... oops, I didn't mean to kill you"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here

First they weren't there.

Then they were.

6.5 Individuals, the mayor would never count a vampire's whipping boy as a whole person.

The mayor, a skinny pale tall man with short smooth black hair and a soul patch, wearing a long coat with massive sleeves, eyed all of them carefully. From the Pokemon trainer to the phoenix, from the vampire to the... is that Tails? And from the brute to the archer.

"Men, women, welcome to the city hall of Grand Chishire. I am mayor Tominari. You will not have heard of me. I have taken the liberty to move the 6 of you from your home dimensions to my city. I have... a job that needs to be done."

The party is puzzled, more than anything else. The room they were in was grand and beautiful, full of medieval looking ornaments. Mayor Tominari continues.

"If you'd come outside with me please, I will show you what I am talking about."

Mayor Tominari puts on a hat and a large scarf. He explains that as the mayor of a metropolis, he doesn't want to be recognized too much. He leads the party, still dazed and almost acting like in a trance, through the rear entrance of the city hall, through a back alley, and then through a back alley of the back alley, you see what seems to be a medieval city, stylistically similar to what you saw in the city hall, but it less sophisticated and less clean. And smelly. And with traces of the city's inherent magic on every corner. Before long, the mayor halts. The party sees nothing of interest.

The mayor makes a simple gesture with his hands. Suddenly the party does see something of interest, and they strangely realize it has been there all along.

It's a dead body.

"Men, women, this fine young man here, has been murdered!

Only a few hours ago, this man was found here, bereft of life. I have taken a special interest in this case. With the magic at my disposal, I have taken precautions to make him unnoticeable, everyone knows nosy trespassers only hinder murder investigations. Yet, everyone also knows moving a body away from the crime site does the same...

I specifically want the 6 of you to get to the bottom of this! Every new information you acquire, every relevant detail, you shall report directly to me!"

Mayor Tominari makes 3 carrier pigeons appear out of his sleeves, and hands them to the party.

"Tell them what I need to know, and they will tell me, understood? Obviously, you can also visit me at the city hall if you desire to. Obviously, once this is sorted out, you can all go home! Right, I'll be on my way!"

And like that, he's gone again. The party slowly comes to its senses. The overwhelming daze slowly fading away.

Now what?

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:49 am

Pyrrhocorax eyes up the deceased corpse looking for the obvious details of what seems to have killed this man and any other nearby evidence.

"I can appreciate that this Tominari fellow shows me the correct deference in providing me with 5.5 assistants! I gladly accept your newfound adoration for me, and as such all I request is one of you fetches me some fresh fruit - pomegranates would be nice, while the rest of you begin to investigate the scene, which I shall oversee you doing using my superb intellect to make sure you don't miss anything. I'm sure we can wrap this up quickly and then you can all spend some well earned time basking in my radiance!"

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:37 am

Madeline doesn't seem to have heard anything the bird said, or even that mayor. Instead, she is gazing at the phoenix and the upright fox in a bit of a daze.

"Gosh, doen't those things resemble Pokemon? That bird thing is like the legendary, Ho-Oh... except smaller. And... no white colouration. Or green. And that fox thing is... wearing... shoes."

Madeline takes her beret off, scratches her head, and puts it back on.

"Sorry, what were we talking about again?"
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:20 am

As soon as the mayor had disappeared and he had come back to his senses, Tails began pacing back and forth nervously. Finding himself in a completely strange place was bad enough, but there was also a dead body only a few feet away! Oh this was bad, no two ways about it. He wished Sonic was here, he would know what to do in a situation like this. Well no time to think about that now.

Tails stopped pacing as he heard the large bird speak. Was that a phoenix? They were real? In any case he seemed a bit bossy. How it expected any of them to find it fruit in the middle of some strange city was anyone's guess.

The human girl with green hair looked as confused as he felt. It also sounded like she hadn't been paying close attention. Well who could blame her? Being this close to a dead body really made it hard to think clearly.

Since he didn't know where to find food of any kind, Tails decided to ignore the phoenix's "request" for pomegranates for the moment and walked over to the girl. She at least seemed friendlier.

"Hi, I'm Tails! I guess I only know as much you do about this. This guy has been killed and that magic guy wants us to figure out who it was."
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:49 am

"Wait..."

Madeline only just realizes the fox is talking to her.

"You... can talk?"

Okay, so this thing is definitely no Pokemon, or at least no Pokemon she'd ever heard of. And its name is... Tails. Not many names of Pokemon ended with the letter "S". The only thing Madeline can think of was Ralts; hers was already a Gallade, and back home in Hoenn.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I'm having trouble taking everything... every... e-eee... !!!"

Madeline suddenly sees the dead body and goes chalk white.

"E-eeeehhhh... whaaa... ?!?"

POOF! One of the Poke Balls on her belt, a Fast Ball, opened up and out popped an Accelgor. It looks up at her concernedly.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:06 am

(I guess wherever she's from she's not used to animals that can talk)
Tails was thinking when her fearful stammering cut off his train of thought. Yes, he could sympathize. This whole situation was giving him the creeps.

Then out of nowhere some...thing burst into form from somewhere around her belt!

"AAAAH!" Tails cried out in alarm and fear. His first impression was it was some kind of ghost, with its wispy trails and the shape of it's body. This was too much for him. He found the nearest pillar and ducked behind it shivering with fright, burying his face in his tails.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:10 am

why should I care about this life? he's not the first person that's ever died in this city...won't be the last...I doubt he actually matters

the phoenix talks, and Aryana has to strain to keep from physically recoiling at the sight of it. she realizes that her fangs may be showing, and hides them.

FIRE!... DESTROY IT...no...it has the advantage right now...selfish...stupid...can be buttered up to...may be best to have it on my side

Aryana pats Netchach twice on his left shoulder, and whispers in his ear "I want to know where we are"

a minute or so later, after everyone else has talked, Nethach says "why don't we get down to the business of exploring this thing. I'm somewhat of an expert on the human body, so I'll search him for magical afterafffects, stab wounds, whatever. if someone else wants to help me, feel free, Anna (referring to Aryana here), why don't you get that fruit for the bird?"

Aryana: "oh, I do love phoenixes, and this one seems especially beautiful. of course I'll get it some fruit!"

Aryana leaves the scene and begins wandering the city, trying to get her bearings, seeing if there's any dens of crime nearby, while also trying to find a good market from which to steal a pomegranate.

(side not here - I'm assuming none of you know that Nethach is Aryana's apprentice, since it was never stated)
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:20 pm

"I find fruit for flamey-bird."
I leave to go look for fruit, still unsure of exactly what's going on. But hey, that bird was pretty, and I know what fruit is, so...
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Madeline, in shock and fear at the sight of the dead body, is understandably oblivious to the fox's fear of her Pokemon.

The Accelgor then sees the body and... narrows its eyes. It doesn't seem to be affected much by the body at all. Instead, it taps Madeline on the ankle repeatedly until she snaps out of it.

"W-what is it, 'Celly?" she says shakily. Accelgor makes a rumbling noise which tells Madeline it still isn't pleased with that nickname. "U-um, sorry. What is it Accelgor?"

Accelgor motions to a pillar nearby, and shakes its head. "But I don't have Rock Smash," replies Madeline, confused. Accelgor facepalms (or it would be a facepalm if it HAD palms!), clearly displaying to everyone that it's used to Madeline's ditzy attitude, and goes over to the pillar, peeking around.

Madeline chooses this moment to blurt out: "Golly, where did that fox thing go?"

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Still quivering in fear, Tails hears the sound of scattered talking. He composes himself enough to slowly look up... just in time to stare into eyes of the ghost-looking creature, looking around the corner of his hiding place.

"no.." Tails tried to shout, but it came out as a nearly inaudible whisper. Magic and dead people and ghosts. This had to be some kind of nightmare. He closed his eyes. Yes a nightmare and any second he would wake up and he could laugh about it later because this wasn't real none of this could possibly be real, just wake up wake up WAKE UP! But of course as soon as he dared to open his eyes again that...thing... was still there staring directly at him.

Now in a blind panic he sped all the way to the other side of the ally in a flash.

"Wha...What is that thing?" He managed to stammer out.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:22 pm

"Oh, there he is! You found him? Good work!"

Accelgor face... palms(?) again.

"He looks scared... is it because of... ?!" Madeline glances back at the dead body with a paled, disturbed expression, and shudders.

AGAIN Accelgor facepalms. It then points at itself. Madeline finally gets the message.

"He's scared of you? Oh! Well don't frighten him then!" Madeline says sternly.

Accelgor just blinks.

Madeline turns her attention to the two-tailed fox. "You don't need to be scared of him, he's just being silly."

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Tails maintaines a wide-eyed stare at the creature, ready to book it if looks ready to make any threatening moves. It actually takes him a few moments to realize the girl is talking to him.

"S-so it's with y-you?" He manages, slowly trying to regain some kind of composure.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:15 pm

"Yep! We've been travelling together for a long while!" Madeline replies jovially. "He's fought at my side many times, but we can never truly come out on top. I think that's my own fault, but I still try as hard as I can!"

Accelgor moves so fast he can barely be seen: at an instant, he is at Madeline's side.

"He doesn't like being confined to a Poke Ball much though, so I let him be beside me a lot," confesses Madeline.

Then for a moment she pauses, as she finally realize that little that she has said to Tails has made any sort of sense.

"Umm... I still don't know where I am. Is it the same with you, little fox guy?"

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Pyrrhocorax is very pleased with the quick reaction to go find him fruit, and decides that these new beings, wherever they are from, probably are at least a generally competent sort to have around.

"I am glad to see such initiative among my new disciples! My name is Pyrrhocorax, and the quick efforts to find me fruit are hugely appreciated! While they retrieve that, though, clearly this Tominari must want a quick resolution to this murder if he has got someone as radiant as myself to look into it, and surely if he has the good taste to pick me that probably speaks well to all your own abilities! Surely this shall be no trouble for skilled devout such as yourselves"

Inspecting the rest of the group, Pyrrhocorax took measure of his new underlings - a beast tamer, some kind of fox spirit, an archer, a pairs of warriors and the other one - definitely undead of some sort (who can tell which, there are so many subspecies these days, and honestly Pyrrhocorax had never cared much to read into them) - the darkness magic from her presence leaving a slightly tinny taste in the air, but, having lived a long time Pyrrhocorax had seen a lot of things, and though the taste was a little weird (hopefully it wouldn't ruin that nice promised fruit) he was sure that even a dread creature of necromancy would be a faithful ally, after all who could resist a bird as majestic as himself?

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Assembled around the body are Nethach, Pyrrhocorax, Tails, Madeline and Kairen. Pyrrhocorax, in between his outbursts in vanity, investigates the body. Dead, that much is clear, and while he is by no means a forensic expert, Tominari's suggestion that it happened recently seems entirely plausible. A young adult, short brown hair, no remarkable clothes, or at least not as remarkable as Tominari's coat. Looking a bit further, in the middle of a bloodstain on his shirt, Pyrrhocorax finds that the body has been penetrated near the heart. The entry wound is relatively small.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Brutus strides across Grand Chishire, looking for fruit for Pyrrhocorax. The city really proves to be your typical fantasy metropolis as if it came straight out of Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones. Only louder. And grittier. And dirtier. Despite his physique, the people barely seem to notice Brutus. They must be used to some pretty strange stuff here.

BUMP

All these new impressions made Brutus forget he should look ahead of him when walking. He bumped into someone. Happens to him all the time, usually the people he bumps into don't survive the experience. People should not halt in front of Brutus. Brutus looks down.

Ah, the poor soul he hit is crawling up already, but to say she's still alive would be too much.

It's the vampire who also was employed by Tominari, Aryana. A quick gaze to the left tells Brutus why she halted there to begin with. Pomegranates, behind a shop window.