Mystery of the Apkallian System

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:14 pm

I think my character's obituary and will is summed up by my quote: "Piss on their graves! Woo!"

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:35 pm

(whatever dude)

----

Immediately after Drew has left, there is a static noise. Everyone turns to see a massive, massive holo screen in front of them, and they back off.

"What the fuck?!" exclaims Kadius.

The window they are given is the inside of a spaceship. But at its helm is yet another woman.

"Wait... !" says Electro.

This woman also has a black crescent moon symbol on her forehead. However, she looks much different from Calaveras. She has white hair in a braid, deep blue eyes, light blue gloves, boots, and a light blue bathing suit. She seems to be looking at them like a kid looking into a pen of newborn puppies.

"Who is this?" demands Ichabod. "I could have foretold, but my powers..."

The woman speaks.

"Aww... look at you adorable little squeakers gawking at me like a group of meerkats. It's kind of adorable." She has a very squeaky voice.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:53 pm

That's going on the backburner then.

I'm guessing she's the boss. She's who I'd need to talk to about helping out. Can't do that now, not with everyone else here. Not before I can talk with Heddwyn, anyway.
I get to work memorizing her face. I'll want to be able to recognize her later if, by some odd chance, I find myself away from the group with her nearby.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:11 am

"So, did you do this to poor Cally?"

A familiar voice yells, "Wait, no! Don't point that at me!"

The space inside the holo screen moves, which means the woman is moving it. It tilts to the side until a badly wounded Calaveras comes into view, one arm over her front. She snarls at all of them, shaking with rage.

"G-grrrr... I told you that you'll pay..." she hisses. "And you WILL... mark my words! We'll waste your precious planet down to nothing! We'll ravage it, rape it, and leave but a mere skeleton behind! We'll... w-we'll... !!!

"URGH! Damn it, get that thing away from me! I told you not to let those worms see me like this!!"

The screen tilts back on the white-haired woman, who is chuckling. "Stop laughing at me!" comes Calaveras' high-pitched voice. The woman turns to look at Calaveras.

"Oh don't worry, Cally, we'll get you fixed back up in no time... although you did kind of fail your mission. My, they won't be pleased about that, will they?"

"SHUT UP!" yells Calaveras.

The woman turns back to the party, still chuckling. "Forgive Cally, she's really hot-headed."

Then she gives them a black scowl. "But I'm certainly not going to forgive you foul little beasts. You hurt my sister, and you'll regret it soon enough.

"See, we've had a vested interest in this system for a long time, and we've finally come here to see what all the fuss is about. Apparently the fuss is real, and you guys seem to have a nice, fat bloated economy for us, the Black Moon Clan, to take advantage of... at least, on this planet. You know, I'd love it if we had it all to ourselves. Drinking champagne out of a crystal goblet, nice silk furs, having servants come and bring us meals whenever we want, giving us massages. You know, that sort of thing. Luxury."

The woman titters.

"So yeah, I expect I'll be meeting you very soon, and then I can pay you back for what you did to my sister here. My name is Berthier. Remember it, because I'll be walking all over you until the end of your days. Doesn't that sound fun?

"And don't try coming to find me. Unlike my sister, I don't hang around in the open."

"Shut UP, Berthier!" Calaveras screams at Berthier in annoyance, causing further titters from the white-haired woman.

"But if you DO find me... take a good look," Berthier smiles. "Because it'll be your last.

"See you soon!"

The holo screen disappears.

The party is completely silent. At least, for several moments, anyway.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:05 am

(blimey, did all of this happen while I was sleeping?)

Rustahg turns to Katsy:"Katsy, it was an honor fighting by your side in front of those rioters, even though in the end our role was but a small one thanks to the sublime efforts of Heddwyn. It was a great taste of what the future has in store for us, I'm sure. I'm positive you felt it too."

And then, to everyone...

"Right, here's what I am thinking right now. We have an air force general, we have prophets, we just stood on the city hall... we have resources at our disposal, right? And we now have names and visuals of what we are dealing with. The Black Moon Clan, Calaveras, I heard someone say Berthier... check whatever databases you have, ask friendly star systems, if any, if they have intelligence on them. I hate to admit it but they sort of seem like a big deal..."

I also hate to admit that I am sort of eager to save the world right now

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:10 pm

"Right," says Guillermo. He immediately puts on an earset. "General, come in."

"Yes, this is General Rashid. I saw the rioters fall, they appear to be coming to their senses, thank goodness. Now where are you, and what is the situation?"

Guillermo tells the general everything that's happened.

"...the Black Moon Clan. This is not good..."

"Did you not tell us about their most formidable units before the disappearances started?"

"Yes, Guillermo," says the general. "The Clan is said to send these beings to conquer systems all by themselves. Are you telling me they've finally broken into our city?!"

"I just said that sir," replies Guillermo.

"Well, please tell that Heddwyn that we are in his debt... if that she-devil had driven the rioters further, goodness knows what might have happened..."

"I will, sir. Guillermo out." He hangs up and tells the others about the general's words.

Keldar is immediately suspicious. He barks at the other members of Daath. "Throw back your hoods. Now."

Lazarus, Ichabod, Walden, Binemald, and Katsy push their hoods back.

Keldar goes to Katsy first. He peers closely at the woman's face and her long purple hair, which stick up at two places at the top like cat ears. Katsy merely looks back at Keldar, but none of them can even see his own face.

At length Keldar withdraws. "Good. Very good. I believed you to be an imposter, but the new one proves to be very much real. And what of the rest of you?"

Keldar goes to Lazarus next. Lazarus truly has a reptile's head, almost komodo dragon like, with blotches of deep blue and green. He spends more time looking at Lazarus than Katsy, but eventually he withdraws as well.

The mandibles are the only remotely insect-like feature on Binemald's face, jutting out from the sides of his mouth. It is human-like enough otherwise. He has black hair gelled back, and dark bushy eyebrows. Keldar stares at him for a few seconds, then moves on.

Walden is bald, his beard is curly. He looks somewhat like an Arab leader. Keldar barely gives him a second and moves on.

Ichabod is something different. (for those who are familiar with the movie 300, he looks like an older Xerxes. However, he has war paint like Dhalsim from the Street Fighter) Keldar looks hard at him for a few seconds, and then withdraws.

"Good, good, none of you are imposters," says Keldar.

"Perhaps it would be wise to inform us what you mean by this, Keldar," says Nexios, not amused.

"The Black Moon Clan have the power to disguise themselves. Their tell-tale sign is the black crescent moon planted on their temples, which they can remove if need be, but the magic still lingers there for a while so it can be detected," says Keldar quietly. "I did not sense anything from my fellow society members, but it was necessary to check. We could have been supplanted."

"Why don't you remove your own hood, Keldar, and allow us to identify you," says Nexios.

The party stares at Keldar, who is very quiet. Guillermo starts to get a sense of forboding.

"Very well... I shall humour you."

With that, Keldar draws back his own hood. The party gasp; Keldar's visage is a orange-and-red glowing husk of a face, raw, shiny, and distorted in several places. The mouth is asymmetrical, one eye is bigger than the other, the nose is hooked, and, like Walden, he is also completely bald.

"This is the price I have paid for many eons of my travels. I have seen and experienced much, so much so that it has taken a toll on my bodily form. Through this I gained power, but I shall never be the same as I once was."

Keldar draws his hood back over his head. "Is that enough?"

"You owed them that courtesy, at least," says Nexios gruffly.

"Now is not the time," says Katsy. "We must go to the mayor and assure his safety."

"Correct," says Ichabod.

Nexios ports everyone to the front of the City Hall.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Yes, because if you want to employ a spy, the first thing you do is give them an easily recognizable tattoo on the face. Flawless logic.
I almost speak up, but decide to keep my thoughts to myself.
poopity scoop

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Without her hood, Katsy is even more beautiful than I dared dream! I know better than ever now that we were meant to be!

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun May 01, 2016 10:55 pm

(sorry for lack of updates; more busy week and weekend stuff to blame, plus trying to figure out where to shoe Alex's character in. I've decided that I'll insert Alex's character a few updates later :P)

----

After some deliberation, and waiting for Heddwyn to recover for a bit, the travellers enter the Hall and walk towards the mayor's office. There are a gaggle of armed bodyguards around the door to his office. After a quick word with Nexios, one of the bodyguards nods and allows them entry. Strangely enough, the doors are big enough for even Draktar to squeeze through with minimal effort.

It's the typical mayor's office; wooden decor is almost everywhere. Blue curtains to two very tall windows, teak executive desk with some holo screens floating above it, a chintz chair to go with it, and some royal blue carpeting. Seated upon the chair is a <del>man... uh I mean</del> Saipen in a business suit and tie, and with a fair amount of greying hair stuck up in an odd angle. He seems rather spirited, unlike your typical office dweller, and doesn't have many wrinkles on his face.

The mayor gets up as the party enters. He seems frantic.

"Ah, thank you, thank you so much&#33;" He begins to shake everyone's hand. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Clancy McConnor, the mayor of Ekram. I cannot begin to express my gratitude towards your efforts to buy peace in the city again..."

"It's no trouble," grumbles Heddwyn, though he seems to feel otherwise; he can still memorize Calaveras strangling him quite well.

"This person," says Nexios. "The one who was behind this ordeal... she came from the Black Moon Clan."

"Yes, I heard about it from Rashid already," says the mayor, Clancy. "And her name was... ?"

"Calaveras," says Heddwyn. MURDER THAT BITCH NEXT WE MEET... no, not right now... RIP HER MIND TO SHREDS... not supposed to be thinking that right now... DRIVE HER MAD... shut up...

"That name is familiar," says Clancy. "Regardless, the Black Moon Clan is very dangerous."

"You don't say," snickers Rustahg. "I suggest we get as much information on them as possible. We have a lot of assets, do we not?"

"The problem is that they barely even need their four main criminals," sighs Clancy. "We have personally not even seen one of them until now."

"Are you serious?" growls Casey.

"Quite," replies the mayor. "The only information we have to go on is their names, which... if I am correct..."

Clancy McConnor fiddles around with some suddenly appearing holo screens for a bit. The party look on as he pulls up a page on the Black Moon Clan.

"Led by Rubeus, a dark sorceror of great power, the Black Moon Clan are an evil organization with unknown long-term aims... however, it is known that they send four commanders as bounty hunters to take over entire systems by themselves, and monopolize them for Rubeus' gain."

"By themselves?" scoffs Kadius. "That's a little hard to believe, considering Heddwyn alone managed to bring down one of them, if I get this right."

"Yes, I am... rather hopeful now. But allow me to go on. Here..."

Clancy brings up another screen.

"Okay, here... yes, the four commanders are inter-related; the Spectre Sisters is the moniker they go by. And... yes, there it is. Calaveras... that was the one you drove off."

"Correct," says Heddwyn.

"Hmm... there's the other name. Berthier."

"The one who threatened us all, yes," supplies Benzine.

"And here are the two other names... Koan, who I have barely any detail on... and Petz. Petz is the only one I have details on... it says she is the most powerful. The report says Petz can control particles on the sub-atomic level..."

The party look at each other, affected. One of these wenches is basically a walking <del>Dr. Manhattan</del> atom rearranger...

"And now they've taken an interest in this system..." sniffs Katsy.

"This is not good," says Ichabod. "I agree with the other lady. We must scrounge up as much info as we can muster."

"For this, we must split up," intones Keldar quietly. "We can cover much more ground thus. And of course, you wished to solve the mystery of the abductions as well."

"What do you mean?" says Electro.

Keldar turns to the mayor. "Are there any resources in this system on the Black Moon Clan?"

Clancy frowns. "I would not know. They come from another system."

"Then what about that call we received, the one from that Berthier?" says Guillermo.

"I was about to suggest that you find this woman, actually," says the mayor. "If you like, however, you can head back to General Rashid and start on the mystery of these horrible abductions that have been plaguing us... bless those poor souls..."

The other voice that was in Heddwyn's mind before, now starts up again. "Come... come to me..." Startled, Heddwyn winces horribly.

"Those who wish to go back to Rashid, I can take you there," says Nexios. "But from there I, as well as the rest of us, must finally leave you, at least for now. We must do what we can to prepare for the arrival of the other two commanders, and find out how to deal with them."

"I will go back to the general," says Guillermo. "And I miss Prisma."

"So be it."

"And those who wish to stay, I will assist you as much as I can to find this Berthier woman. Also, I can show you something rather interesting. I do think you have earned it," says Clancy.

The party look at each other.

----

What will the party do? Those who do not answer will go with Nexios. :v:

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 01, 2016 11:03 pm

Having slept, Heddwyn is significantly more alert now, his powers more or less reset

can't believe they waited for me to wake up...must've been several hours...<small>come to me</small>...aw fuck it's you again

"I'm hearing that damned voice again. be it for better or for worse, I should figure out what it's place in this whole thing is. I feel that this means I stay here for now, though my goals and the goals of those going after the Black moon may end up separating at some point

though I suppose we can deal with that then" he finishes after pausing to think
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun May 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Well, Heddwyn is staying, I want to find Berthier anyway, and this "something interesting" has me curious.
"I'll stay as well."
poopity scoop

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sat May 07, 2016 1:08 pm

"Every fiber in my body think Katsy and I should act as a team, but if I am forced to decide, I will go with Nexios. On my homeworld I have often attempted to abduct people, maybe I can learn a thing or two this way."
Last edited by MadBull on Mon May 09, 2016 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat May 07, 2016 1:22 pm

"If they want a fight," Benzine interjects, "I'd be happy to give them one. I'll stay, for now."
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:24 pm

"i'm gonna stay, dunno what this whole abduction thing is, but it's not something i'm interested in"

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon May 09, 2016 12:45 pm

(update&#33;)

----

Most of the party seems to want to find Berthier, or find out at least what surprise Clancy McConnor has in store for them, so they decide to wait in the mayor's office.

Rustahg, Kadius, and Draktar decide to return to the First Commandment HQ with Nexios. (will update this later)

----

With the others gone, Mayor Clancy rises from his seat and walks over to his bookcase.

"So, you had something... interesting to show us?" says Benzine.

"I did, yes. You see, the previous eight newcomers of this world left behind certain... keepsakes for any future heroes, should they fail," says Clancy, moving some books at random. Apparently they are a password, because after a few more of these, the bookcase slides aside, leading to a passageway.

"Keepsakes, huh?" says Casey.

"Yes indeed. Please follow me," says Clancy.

They make their way down a series of constantly descending passages, which look similar to what one would see in a Castlevania game. Eventually the path levels out and they come to a room much different from the rest of the area; the overall feel of the room is similar to the First Commandment HQ.

"Jeez..." says Electro.

They come to a great pedestal, over which looms a great statue in likeness to the Daath. It's hooded and cloaked, but the face has feline features.

Clancy turns to the four. "Here are the great artifacts the eight wanderers left with us... in a manner of speaking."

"What do you mean 'in a manner of speaking'?" growls Heddwyn.

"Well, it was their idea, but Nexios agreed to it. You see, they could not give up their keepsakes entirely, so Nexios duplicated them. They are but a shadow of their real power, but they may be of some use to you. See&#33;"

And with that, the pedestal flips over, displaying 8 different items and notes that go with them:

• A short dagger embued with spiritual powers. It is said that the wielder of this blade can pierce through the shadows themselves. It cannot cut as well as it used to.
  • A large femur bone, said to double your physical attack power. This version only increases it by 1.5.
  • A small rapier with speakers on the hilt. The strokes and clashes of this weapon are able to generate soundwaves powerful enough to disrupt many wave frequencies. However, the weapon itself is very weak and will not stand up to most assaults by itself. It is reliant on the soundwaves.
  • A mechanical eyestalk, containing nanomachines that can conjure matter from air. Its power is weakened since it is a cloned device, and so the nanomachines cannot create complex objects. It also does not work properly in space, or in thin environments.
  • A pair of scaled gauntlets, with magical potency enough to allow one to swim freely even in areas with intense pressure. It also heightens the user's awareness.
  • A katana called the Kotetsu Sword, that has the potential to pierce enemy defenses no matter their armour. Its edge has dulled, so the chance is scarce.
  • A ball of dark energy, able to connect with an unknown entity who cannot tell a lie. However, its knowledge has been limited recently, so it cannot answer everything.
  • A large launcher that sprays fluid able to purify evil, adorned with pearl and silver. Its power has receded, so it cannot absolve an evil being completely. It can form into an artificial wing that can carry a person to great heights, and into a broadsword, making it very versatile. Holy energy radiates from it.

The four stare in awe. Clancy does not make a sign, however.

"You may pick two each, my friends. Please choose wisely."