Mystery of the Apkallian System

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:45 pm

The fire engulfing his hand vanishes as quickly as it had appeared, and Benzine peers up towards the roof of the City Hall building. The empty skies in the vicinity seem to have the rest of the group on edge, and Benzine glances back to the now docile, unmoving crowd.

"You said something might be controlling them," he suggests, "Maybe he's found it."
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:49 pm

get out get out get out...succumb to me...never...BEGONE...give in...let it end over...FUCK OFF...

Heddwyn struggles, twisting and turning, hitting at her with his staff the rage within him swells as he weakens physically, unable to breath

NOT LIKE THIS

he channels his rage through his body and into his hands, heating them to unimaginable temperatures. he lunges backwards and grabs at her legs

the hippogryph, not quite sure what to do, decides that it should make a swipe at the scary lady, and does so with its claws

(Fun Fact: Heddwyn is terrified of dying via suffocation)
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Calaveras shrieks, Heddwyn's hands suddenly at her legs. Her arrogance and egoism made her unable to see this coming and she's now in Heddwyn's grip.

"N-NGAAAAAH!!! L-LET GO OF ME!!!"

Then the Hippogriff slashes at her with its claws. Calaveras, unable to avoid it at this point, goes flying across the roof with a scream; Heddwyn goes tumbling with her.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:54 pm

If that's the case, he's near it. If it's like a radio signal or something it'd have to be pretty high up to reach all these people.
I start scanning the skyline for any sign of Heddwyn.
poopity scoop

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:58 pm

"Hold on, I want a better vantage point." My armor transforms into thinner armor plus robotic arms(Doc-Oc style) to climb up one of the towers.

not the tower that Heddwyn's on

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:00 pm

heddwyn gets up, and his vision blurs for a few seconds

oof that took a lot out of me...almost died...STILL THERE...oh right...KILL

he stumbles, then regains his focus

"zaa s'oq iz raeq yabbia" who knows if she'll hallucinate, but it'll at least throw her off

the hippogryph charges her from the left, he attacks from the right, his staff at the ready
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:05 pm

I reach the top of the building and survey the sky. I spot Heddwyn on the horizon. I come back down.

"Heddwyn and someone else are on the really tall building over there. Someone, grab on. I'm heading over there." With that, a thin rope extends from my armor for someone to hang on if need be and I start to climb up the building again.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Calaveras staggers to her feet, but stumbles. Her legs have blisters all over them and her sleeveless top is slashed through, as the Hippogriff's claws penetrated flesh and she is bleeding. She no longer has the old speed she had, and her will is wavering...

Caught off-guard, she sees Heddwyn to her left and with a bellow flings her whip at him... which does nothing. It was an illusion.

All of a sudden a staff bashes against her head, nearly cracking her skull open as she goes flying again with a wail. The Hippogriff follows this up with a charge unlike a rampaging bull and crushes her into the ground...

When the dust settles, Calaveras' badly beaten self just lies there, oozing blood. The Hippogriff is happily munching on her golden top like a puppy with a brand-new chew toy, shaking its head rapidly.

But Calaveras is more shocked than anything. How... why... how could this... happen...

She puts a hand to her chest wound that the Hippogriff made, sobbing, just as Heddwyn is there, confronting her. But Calaveras is no less arrogant.

"H-how... h-how dare you... humiliate me... like... this..." she wheezes.

----

Drew reports the information to the party. Nexios immediately looks at the skyscraper.

"Come!" he says.

----

The Daath, Guillermo, and the travellers are ported to the roof where Heddwyn is. Calaveras cries out when seeing them, panicking.

"No... no no no no no... !"

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:17 pm

"she controlled the protesters" Heddwyn says, then collapses, the effort from the fight catching up to him as his rage wears off
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Again running on instinct, Benzine flares up his hands once they arrive on the rooftop, but this time the flames vanish after a moment, when he realises what they are facing. Presumably the one who was controlling the crowd, a woman lies broken in front of them, her blood staining the concrete. Heddwyn seems to be standing over them, having managed to subdue them all on his own......with the help of the giant eagle-headed horse that has somehow arrived with him.

Benzine simply stands there for a second, not quite sure what to make of the situation. It is at that point that the woman gives an urgent cry of anguish. She still has some fight left in her, from the looks of things, so he clicks his fingers one more time, and lights up his hands in case she should attack them, even in her current ruined state.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:26 pm

So this is the face of my ally. Shame she tried to pull this stunt. I hope she has friends. Perhaps I could replace her.

In the meantime, Heddwyn. I need to make sure he'll be okay.

"Someone make sure she doesn't go anywhere. I'm gonna get him away from here," I tell whoever is listening.
I start dragging Heddwyn away from the crowd.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:30 pm

The Daath stare at Calaveras imperiously.

"You have a lot to answer for," says Keldar quietly.

"And you'll have all the time in the universe to answer for it," bellows Nexios, her head-flame burning white-blue - always a danger sign.

The party draw their weapons on Calaveras, which scatters her wits even more. She squeals helplessly, a far cry from her cool demeanor when she first saw Heddwyn.

"Should we execute her for her crimes instead?" booms Ichabod.

"No, we need information," says Guillermo, stepping in front of the Daath.

He looks at the party. "Does anyone have any persuasive methods?"

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:31 pm

I turn to Flamehead and Darkhead. "Any idea who this is?"

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:32 pm

"Ooh! If you're fine with blood, I can get information out of her. Shame, really. Blood takes forever to wash out of these clothes."

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:40 pm

Benzine frowned a little as the woman's fear appears to be almost too much for her to handle. How pathetic, he thought, someone so eager to show their power reduced to pleading for their life. "Just like all the others..." he mutters to himself.

"I think I could get what we need out of her," he offers to the group. "People can get surprisingly talkative when they're on the verge of burning alive."
Last edited by NFX on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle