Mystery of the Apkallian System

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:57 pm

(nice)

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:03 pm

(okay the real problem here is that this weekend is being just as bad as the work week because SOME PEOPLE want my help when they don't need it >__>

there'll be an update in the near future! honest! i'm not going to let this end up like The Pulse of Awakening. :P )
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:37 pm

(with Ruination Lite out of the way, and less busy-ness this week (I hope), expect a big update tomorrow)

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:53 pm

(Yay!)
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:04 pm

(the update was even bigger than expected, so I wasn't able to type it all out in time!

it's nearly complete, so I promise it'll be posted tomorrow! :v:

really, have a spoiler:<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>"It seems we can finally be free to speak," says the purple-robed figure.[/quote] )

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:57 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 20 2016, 01:04 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>"It seems we can finally be free to speak," says the purple-robed figure.[/quote][/quote](she's gonna say she loves me, isn't she?)

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:49 pm

<big>&#33;&#33;&#33;MAJOR UPDATE&#33;&#33;&#33;</big>

----

General Rashid sighs. "Where to begin... ah yes. You seek knowledge of your surroundings. Well I shall give it, but not here."

He looks at the members of Daath. "If we could be relocated to our base office, that would be most welcome."

"Consider it done," says the blue-robed figure with the mandibles. Instantly, they are taken from the titanic hallway...

...into a sizable war room, with many different screens showcasing different info, and a large circular table. The party notes that Guillermo and Prisma have been teleported with them as well.

"It seems we can finally be free to speak," says the purple-robed figure.

"At last," adds Nexios.

General Rashid turns to the party. "You wish to know where you are in this universe. I will tell you." He takes a seat, and draws himself up.

"Allow me to welcome you to the Apkallian System, travellers from afar. This system is composed of five planets, and our star of Anu, which provides our energy and light. The celestial body you are on right now is called Shamash."

"Some of you are from a planet called Earth," says Nexios. "Shamash is not unlike a smaller scaled version. It is home to a race called the Saipens, who are practically alternate universe versions of you humans. The General, for instance, is one, as are his lieutenants."

Prisma sniffs, while Guillermo nods.

"Shamash is the second-smallest planet in the system," says General Rashid. "About 7500 furlongs in circumference, if you must know."

"I shall explain about the other planets in this system, among other things..." says Nexios.

"Tiamat is the furthest planet away from Anu, and is also the largest, about thirty times the size of Shamash. It is completely covered in water, and is home to a race, a race that far out-populates Shamash, called the Hydrii, which are self-sustaining and are somewhat scorpion-like in form. They have never ventured from their planet and are thus very hostile, from jealously. It has a small moon named Marduk, but even we do not know what it is like.

"Ishtar is the second-furthest from Anu. It has no real race, and is a beautiful planet covered in lush forestlands. Yet some say there are living beings that patrol the planet at times.

"Irkalla is the smallest and closest planet to Anu. Verily, it is barely a tenth of the size of Shamash, and experiences constant seismic activity. Yet for some reason, it is home to a race of unnamed fiery creatures.

"Finally, Enki is the second largest of the planetary system, second orbit from Anu, and the closest to Shamash. It is nearly as big as Tiamat, and houses the closest allegiance to the Saipens. The planetary body has 7 moons orbiting it. Only one is inhabited, and they are the Felidii. Enki itself is a great barren ball of dust, as are 6 of its 7 moons, and they are mined for fuel sources and minerals constantly by both its own race, and Saipens who have flown to the planet. Uanna is the largest moon and the only one of note, rivalling Shamash's size, and even resembles Shamash somewhat. It is the only one inhabited by Enki's race.

"The Felidii are the friendliest race with the Saipens and have had the longest history with them. They are similar to the Saipens except they are taller, more pale (and yellowish), their bodies have erratic spots, and their faces contain feline features such as being slightly pushed in, a larger nose, and even whiskers.

"The two races have done many extraordinary things together, yet they are not the only races that are in the system, nor are the Hydrii or the flame creatures of Irkalla.

"Many criminals have entered the system intending to do harm to it or to harvest our resources for themselves. Some, like The Judas, have declared open warfare on the entire system.

"The Judas are a legion of bounty hunters of many different races. No one knows where they came from, although it is said their home system is located near this one."

"It is because of The Judas that we desire need of secrecy, because there are many spies among them that may use our intel to their advantage..." says General Rashid. "Believe me, if we and the Daath could be more open with you in broad daylight, we would be."

"There are other groups of bounty hunters as well, such as the Black Moon Clan and Rock'N'Roll... but they are not as infamous," hisses the green-robed figure.

"Perhaps they are biding their time," says the purple-robed woman quietly.

"Perhaps," says Nexios. "But now... you wished to know about the disappearances."

"Ah, yes... the disappearances..." sighs the general.

"It all started about three hundred orbital cycles ago... as you know, First Commandment is the greatest air and space fleet of Shamash, aided by the Felidii. You will eventually see them. Now, one of our chief officers, Mikhail, was flying a routine patrol near the planet of Ishtar. He, his craft, and his patrol mysteriously vanished."

There is a silence.

"We lost all contact with him," says Guillermo. "We could not find a trace of him on Ishtar, which we visited."

"Naturally, we wanted to know what happened to them all, so we sent more of our troops to find him. Guillermo here was part of the rescue effort... but it was in vain," sighs General Rashid.

"On orders from the general I returned to Shamash, while the rest of my unit moved on under a different commander, Baranovsky," says Guillermo. "They were approaching Tiamat, on the borders of the system... and then they too suddenly vanished. No contact, no signal, nothing."

"That's when the Daath came back to us, and we explained to them what was going on," says the general miserably. "We trust them to a tee."

"It pains us that our plan of action was to advise them to send a great force out to retrieve their vanished comrades," says Nexios, "But it seemed that there was little else to do."

"...but they all vanished, this time after they had barely left the orbit of Shamash. No one had sensed anything amiss..." says the general, still miserable. "I do not blame Daath... they themselves had confessed that their power of foresight was failing them in these times. What with The Judas constantly waging war on us and Daath's efforts to defend us, they must have something taking a toll on them."

"The story now shifts in your direction," says Keldar quietly. All attention is now on Nexios, who is silent for several moments.

"..."

"Speak," commands Keldar.

"I confess that I would appreciate more respect for my efforts, Keldar," says Nexios. For the first time, he sounds menacing towards Keldar. Keldar hisses, but makes no further sign.

"Nevertheless, I will divulge.

"See, one of my trademark abilities is to summon beings from entirely different dimensions. It is an inherent ability of mine. Now, I do not use it willingly, because the consequences of summoning beings from different dimensions could mar those dimensions... however, fear of this unknown threat grew and grew, and eventually my fellow society could note my unnervement. They did not counsel me either way."

"We told him to do what he judged was right," says the red-robed elderly one.

"So I summoned eight beings to this plane of existence, as I have done with you:
  • A rustic-looking human with a dagger, her name being Tarein.
  • A bipedal creature with a bone, his name being Blotter.
  • A short creature with speakers on its head, his name being Robert.
  • A tall mechanical creature called a Dalek, his name being Charlie.
  • An aquatic creature with deity-like water-bending powers, his name being Lethe.
  • A human with famed swordsmanship skills, his name being Sanjuro.
  • A shadow-like being who utilized its power through reflections in mirrors, its name being Maurelle
  • And the half-angel I told you of before, who utilized holy light and similar powers, her name being Laila

They, as you were before, were very suspect and impatient, and we told them of the current situation. We told them that there had been a mass number of disappearances in our universe, for no reason, and we wished them to solve the mystery for us, since our efforts had failed
."

"We could send no more space crafts, for fear of them also disappearing..." says the general.

"The obvious question they asked was... 'why us?'," hisses the green-robed reptilian. "The truth was, we had no one else to rely on."

"Eventually, our fear of these disappearances came to the conclusion that it would be some sort of singularity that threatens to swallow all the known universes and more," says the blue-robed one with the mandibles.

"The problem with that theory however, is that we cannot locate said singularity, so we cannot confirm that it exists," pipes up Prisma for the first time. "Which makes the disappearances all the more ominous."

"We begged them to solve the mystery, and achieve what we failed to do. In the end, they took an spacecraft and flew from the planet to find the source, despite our warnings... we've never seen them since," moans the general.

"It could be that they have found the anomaly, and even now are working against it, but if they are, we don't know that," adds Guillermo.

"Whatever the case, our situation became incredibly dire. Laila, whom we sensed was the most powerful of the previous eight, was gone as well. We did everything we could to try and sense them in the system. But there was not a shred of a clue to be found."

"That is where our tale with The Judas came back into play. They had gained information on our disappearances and our mood about them, and they attacked more fiercely than ever. Fortunately, our recent graduate, Prisma here, could not have come at a better time," says General Rashid, without a backward glance. "She had risen through our ranks rather quickly, bright girl."

"Yes, she is a beneficial ally," adds Guillermo. Prisma's cheeks can't help but become rosy.

"Can we return to the matter at hand?" she says, without a change in tone.

"Yes, of course," says Nexios. "First Commandment was not the only one to gain a powerful force. We were six, now we are seven. Allow us to formally introduce ourselves. I am Nexios, co-founder of the society of prophets known as Daath."

Keldar nods. "I am Keldar, who formed Daath with Nexios."

"Keldar was the one who suggested the idea, after we first met in another system. And thus we have gained other members."

The green-robed one speaks, "Lazarus."

"I am Binemald," speaks the blue-robed one.

"I go by the identity of... Ichabod," says the red-robed old man.

"Walden is my name," says the brown-robed figure with the beard.

"And our most recent member... Katsy," says Nexios, gesturing to the purple-robed woman, who smiles.

"Well met," she says quietly.

"And now that our own introductions are over with, perhaps you can tell us who exactly you are... my friends," says Keldar, just as quietly as Katsy spoke. "For it is true... if we do not do something to slow the abductions at least, the problem is likely to escalate to different dimensions. Including your own. So if you help, you will save your own universe as well as our own."

"He is right," says Nexios. "The time for secrecy is now past, now that we are all congregated here. Speak and do not be silent. Introduce yourselves, again if need be. And if you wish to ask any questions, as I am sure you wish to do, feel free."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:03 pm

"so, uh, how exactly are we going to deal with something that will make us disappear if we get close to it?"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Without warning, Heddwyn starts. It seems there is something going on... he's hearing a voice in his mind... but it doesn't sound like the one he's accustomed to...

"Come... come to me..."

The voice is incredibly faint and he can barely make it out. It doesn't stop, though.

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:17 pm

Mesopotamian gods as planets.

"So... how do we get there exactly?"

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:19 pm

??????...confused...friendly voice?...Danger?...AVOID IT...investigate?...confused...

Heddwyn nearly decides to ignore the voice, but his curiosity outweighs his fear and more logical side, and he begins to move towards the voice
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:33 pm

After listening to the group's explanation of their predicament - keeping his arms folded, of course - the leather-clad individual gives a quick glance toward the other new arrivals, lingering for a second on the child amongst them. His attention is then caught by Heddwyn starting to wander off, seemingly of his own accord. The masked man simply allows him to go, though, turning back to Nexios.

"It would be best for everyone if you didn't know my name." he explains. "If you'll offer me the courtesy, call me Benzine."
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Called it.

Where's Heddwyn going?

Benzine, huh? There's a fake name if I've ever heard one. He's up front about it, though. Maybe I could get through to him as well.

My turn, I guess.
"I suppose you'll need something to call me by as well, but like Benzine here it's best you don't know my real name. I'm known as Smoke in my world."
Okay, so far so good. Don't give any more than necessary.
poopity scoop

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:57 pm

"Pleased to meat you Katsy, I'm Rustahg, this is my servant Babadoo, maybe we can have dinner some time after saving the universe?"
Last edited by MadBull on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:03 am

The voice doesn't seem to lead Heddwyn in any particular direction, so he seems to be walking around the war room randomly.

Eventually someone speaks up.

"What... are you doing?" asks Prisma curiously.