"Mechanized Mayhem Week 1:Doom Buggy vs Amnis & Iron

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

"Mechanized Mayhem Week 1:Doom Buggy vs Amnis & Iron

Post by patrickrowberry » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:36 pm

me: speed:7
traction:7
touque:3
wepaon:7(5/5) (flipper and spinner)
armour:6

him: DEFAULT CONFIG
Speed: 7
Traction: 7 (6 points, +1 track bonus)
Torque: 4
Weapon: 3 (360-degree lifter with forks)
Armour: 10

notes; we both the same speed and traction and he only just out torques me by 1 so this is going to be close also both hazards can damage me so avoid at all costs..

Strat: let him come to me stay in my square and let him be the aggressor flip when under and keep my blade off and close to starting wall to make it harder for him to get around me keep facing and only jab with a flip if he ever side faces but then retreat back to my safe space this makes it hard for him to get me to any hazard and pins to the wall i can handle and can respond with a flip when he is forced to re-treat keep doing this the hole match only do enough movement to not get ko'ed but stay as close to my starting wall all times. if he does ram me start to run away and gain space angle in a flip to re-treat to a safe place..

good look, have fun

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: "Mechanized Mayhem Week 1:Doom Buggy vs Amnis & Iron

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Standard setup, detachable wedge ON.
________
It's Amnis & Iron with the dual weaponry! Our drivetrains are similar, but I've got the armour/torque advantage, can effectively run inverted (so I can easily recover even if flipped), and I've got the generally more reliable weapon. Bigger range, doesn't run out of power, less susceptible to being baited/angled into than the narrow rear-hinge flipper, and I can use it in conjunction with either the top half or the lower wedge to pin him on his back and stop him self-righting. He does have a spinner, but it's in a very awkward arrangement (face spinner?) and doesn't look strong enough to do much damage.

I'll take the aggressive approach right off the bat; actively stopping him from mounting any kind of offence with my stronger drivetrain/defence, and taking full advantage of those, the environment, and his poor armour. Move out quickly, watch how he approaches, and attack from the sides/corners away from the flipper. Force my way under, lift him onto his back, get shoving from there; but all the while, beware any sudden movements/jukes. If he tries to, either feint an approach to bait him into drawing his attacks, or copy his movements. In either case, dodge/counter immediately, and don't give him any chance to recover.

When on the attack, prioritise staying underneath as much as possible, actively interfering with any self-righting attempts (either by ramming, catching him in the scoop, or raising the scoop and pinning him between it and the lower wedge while he's upside-down), forcing him to waste as much gas as possible on failed self-righting attempts, and taking him to the hazards. Squash him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, flip/lift/pin him onto the spikes/flames while avoiding them myself, and if he's visibly crippled, finish him off by flipping him back-first next to the wall; or even possibly lifting him over it!

Along with the ever-important Aggressive Defence, use good common sense. Keep the scoop down when I'm not underneath/pinning him and my sides/back well-protected at all times, immediately escape then regroup from a different angle if he flips me (to avoid being comboed), establish dominance of the arena middle early on, don't fall for baiting tactics, attack away from the weapons, avoid hazards unless using them myself, and especially TAKE NO CHANCES AROUND THE OOTA ZONE.
________
Hopefully this should do it. Good luck, Pat!