Dirty Dozen Semifinal: OTSC 2.0 vs Skoll

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Dirty Dozen Semifinal: OTSC 2.0 vs Skoll

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:20 am

OTSC: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 0 / Armor: 13 - plow
Skoll: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 7 - symmetrical bar
Ok so i got 13 armor and a flat plow against his 16 power spinner.
several 3 damage hits ain't good enough to do any real damage so i win gg ez

For real now i should probably be afraid a bit of that spinner, be on his face at all times to stop him from spinning to full speed as much as possible. My drivetrain is much better and i can push him as fast as he can run so it should be too hard and if i am actually pushing him he wont be able to do much.

Each time he gets a hit on my wedge he should be pop up quite a bit, this gives me a second or so to get a better angle for pushing him to where i want and has a non-zero change of throwing him OOTA if he forfeits or something idk. This is probably less likely if he goes undercutter, which is likely the case tbh. Just make sure he doesn't land on top of me and i should be good.

As to where i want to get him, obviously anywhere works really as putting him next to a wall is going to be good, if i can aim for the drum hazard as it will likely do big damage to him while being safe is it literally does nothing to me.

Before you ask, no, he wont be able to go overcutter and reach over my wedge to snipe the wheels. Pretty sure when overcutter his spinner is angled downwards a bit but even if that wasn't the case it would still not work. Even if he somehow scrapes the wedge the right way and gets a lucky hit the spinner wont be at full speed so my wheels would survive at least one of these hits.
Just in case you don't believe me if he goes overcutter make sure to take all the hits right at the middle of the plow and try less fancy moves.

Pin him against the wall if i can to waste his precious time, don't do dumb shit, gl hf.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Dirty Dozen Semifinal: OTSC 2.0 vs Skoll

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:22 am

Symmetrical bar please.

Start upright. Spin up, go in the middle of the arena, stay in the middle of the arena, hit him. This is a pretty basic wedge vs spinner fight, not a whole lot fancy going on. I can’t tell if his wedge is taller than his wheels: if it isn’t I could take them out if I skip up the plow, but since said plow is pretty steep getting a skip will be tricky. On the other hand that steep wedge will make it harder to get under me in a way that actually tips me.

I want to mostly keep my “tooth going backwards” side to him and keep circling around to force him to keep turning to face me – I don’t have to worry about weapon torque when accelerating backwards and forwards. Going forward I could catch a corner of his plow if he’s careless and doesn’t catch me darting forward as he rams me. If he’s consistently chasing my weapon, juke backwards instead. If he goes for my rear, spin 180 degrees using my weapon torque to help me.

The other benefit of this is that I want him to have to constantly adjust his movement and punch the throttle when he’s close to me instead of making long ramming runs across the arena. OTSC is a very short bot and it has 4 torque: it ought to wheelie if he’s not careful, and I have an undercutter. Because he’s so short a wheelie at the wrong time might actually let me reach his drive wheels.

Stay aware of the screws and where I’m likely to bounce when I’m hit. I’m using a weapon with two teeth because that’ll make throwing myself into the wall slightly less common. Even if I’m being pushed around I should still have a wheel on the floor: try to get free or at least turn so the drums hit my bar instead of my wheels.

GL HF