Swordfish 3 vs. OTSC 2

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Swordfish 3 vs. OTSC 2

Post by attackfrog » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:20 pm

Swordfish 3: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9838#p74028
OTSC 2.0: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9838#p73993

Swordfish is using its wedgelet config, OTSC its main config.

What can OTSC do? It can try to push Swordfish around a bit, but it's going to be difficult to push a bot that's both faster than yours and has omniwheels to slide sideways off of your wedge at any time. What can Swordfish do? Big fishy flips! And there is an OotA area of this map: let us not forget that.

The wedging battle is going to be the hard part of this (for both of us): we're a 50-50 when OTSC's plow comes up against Swordfish's flipper. But if OTSC does get past the flipper, it's unlikely to get past the wedgelets as well to get fully underneath Swordfish. And if a wedgelet does get underneath OTSC, for example my left wedgelet, I can rotate Swordfish clockwise while keeping that wedgelet underneath OTSC to move the flipper off of its plow, then rotate back to slide the flipper underneath its wedge (which is raised up by the wedgelet) and send OTSC flying.

I'm going to play this like a fencer: keep the flipper pointed at OTSC and stab at it until I get underneath. I expect OTSC to do its best to smother Swordfish, but with Swordfish's greater speed and the "turn out and in" move mentioned above I'll be able to escape that kind of tactic pretty easily. Every time I manage to get underneath I'll go for a flip, and hopefully I'll eventually manage to flip OTSC into the well in the center.

GLHF Maxi!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Swordfish 3 vs. OTSC 2

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:36 pm

OTSC: 7/6/4/0/13 - Normal wedge
Swordfish: 8/7/1/5/9(+2 flipper) - Forks
Yes i am posting this early, why don't you believe me?

Yeah sure your forks give outwedge slightly my flat wedge, too bad that they don't actually do anything. If i get under the flipper then regardless of whether i get under the forks or not i can easily push Swordfish around with my 4 torque vs it's 0.9999. tbh it works even better if i dont get under the forks.
Once i am pushing it those omnis will make it a lot harder for him to get any control of the situation, i can easily push it into the drum hazard for an EZ 5 damage on the back. A few of these hits and one of the wheels will pop out and then its gg.
To get under the flipper i can probable angle on the corner somewhat reliably, even if i cant my chances are pretty decent.

If he gets under with the flipper try to back off or j-hook or something. At the very least i am all but guaranteed to have at least 1 wheel on the ground, i can use it to make sure he DOES NOT HAVE A DIRECT SHOT TO THE OOTA HOLE IN THE MIDDLE. ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS IMPORTANT.

If i get flipped my forks will probably be a bit better at getting under the flipper but they are easier to cheese with the strafing. If i cant get under while inverted get closer to a wall and let him flip me or just ram myself into a drum as they do literally zero damage to me.

GL HF frogboi
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53