Dirty Dozen: Hati vs. Death Metal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Dirty Dozen: Hati vs. Death Metal

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:25 pm

STATS:

Hati: 8/7/3/0/12

Death Metal: 4/2/1/16/7

CONFIGS: Anti-horizontal spinner config, no flail blocker. Shaba never declared for DM as far as I can tell so I'm not sure what bar she's using.

STRATEGY:
Come out aggressive, but don’t get reckless and don’t try to block her spinup. If she’s camping near the inner wall or spike strips with her blade facing me, dart in and turn a little to catch a likely juke to the side. If she’s facing her wheels or rear at me and spun up, I know what she’s doing. Feint by accelerating and immediately braking, and hit her while she’s doing the swingaround. Having her huge bar way ahead of her axle and 2 traction means once she starts the turn she can’t stop it easily. Aim for the weapon, not the wheels.

If she’s inverted her blade hits higher, but considering the frame thickness, blade thickness, clearance between them, and whatever slight angle her chassis sits at due to the wheels being taller than the frame, it should still hit my plow on its upper section. This is fairly steep, but still has some angle and the hit will bounce her away. If she’s upright it’s even better: the shallow front of my wedge will pop her up and break her traction, and THEN she might hit the steeper part and get sent flying.

I can’t let her wail on me all match but I can take a few hits, and she needs to be at full speed to cause serious damage. Knock her into the wall drums if possible, otherwise the regular walls. Her design is vulnerable to various gyrodances and “Tombstone Flipouts” against a wedge, which could stop her blade or slow it way down. If this happens wait for the moment she falls back on her wheels, and rush in and wedge her with my much faster drive, then keep her high-centered while pushing her into the nearest wall drum.

The hazards are toned down, but 12 power will still easily KO 7 armor, or tear off a wheel (and drive motor with how hers are built), and she doesn’t have great clearance so a warped frame or torn armor could high-center her as well. If she loses full mobility and can’t run away, she’s easy to send into the corners and pin until I can finish her off with another hazard trip. If I’m overturned use the drums to self-right with caution and do it on the other side of the arena from her. If hazards fail, pin, smother, repeat.

GL HF

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Dirty Dozen: Hati vs. Death Metal

Post by Shaba117 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:37 pm

-Using angled bar

Spin up and head away from the walls, regardless of which direction Hati attacks from, meet plow with blade for the first hit. 12 armor with no bonuses will only last so long. Quickly regain control if I end up gyrodancing and avoid the screws. If Hati tries to plow me into those, turn and have the weapon pointed at them so it takes the brunt of the impact and my weapon armor can protect me. Try to keep out in the open as much as possible and wail away on Hati. I'll throw a few 'Tombstone maneuvers' in there to change things up and maybe catch Hati off-guard and take a wheel. Basically wail away and win the fight on damage if I can't score a KO.

GL, HFL!