Dirty Dozen Round 1: Lethal Carriageway vs Precision Engine

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Dirty Dozen Round 1: Lethal Carriageway vs Precision Engine

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:09 am

Lethal Carriageway: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 3 Weapon: 4 Armour: 10

Precision Engine: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 4 (3 top jaw/3 bottom jaw) Armor: 8

Precision Engine has some areas where my weapon can get underneath Precision Engine, I’ll leave my weapon open at the start of the match and close down Precision Engine and attempt to reach to the side of him.

Precision Engine may be quicker but I should be able to catch up to him since I have equal torque as him. If I managed to catch Precision Engine’s side with my jaw clamped onto him, I’ll quickly send him to the hazards from either arena side as fast as possible in hope to really damage him.

Good Luck and may the best robot win 😊.

Superbomb122

Re: Dirty Dozen Round 1: Lethal Carriageway vs Precision Engine

Post by Superbomb122 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:14 am

On paper, this is a near mirror-match, so it’ll come down to the finer details. Importantly, my wedge setup, with the forks, is the wider setup with the sharper points of contact. This, combined with my speed advantage and ability to press with the bottom jaw should give me the wedge advantage over Lethal Carriageway.

My strategy is simple enough. Use my speed to keep LC in front of me. Try to work my way under the side wedges instead of dealing with the front forks too much. Once I get under, take LC to the drums to do some damage to the wheels/flip it or park it on a wall. Use my speed and quick jaws to repeatedly slam LC around and feed it to the walls for the duration of the fight

My own defense is stopping TBR from trying many of the same things. My drive advantage means I’ll be able to keep LC in front of me pretty easily. Stay away from the drums unless I have LC in my grip, as those things will hurt me a whole lot more than LC. Counter attempts to angle in by backing up momentarily before engaging again. If he gets under me, try to get free by opening up the jaws and leveraging myself free.

GLHF
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9