D12 Round 1: Scrapper vs Tidal Wave

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

D12 Round 1: Scrapper vs Tidal Wave

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:45 pm

ScrapperTidal Wave
Speed: 4Speed: 5
Traction: 2Traction: 4
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 14
Armour: 7Armour: 6
Config: N/AConfig: Wings off
Of course I get scrapper in the first round, totally not rigged bracket :v

I do out-speed them by a little bit and have slightly better control, so I will have to use my driving abilities to win this one.
Start of the match head straight for the middle walls and turn to point myself at whichever way scrapper is coming from. Since their bot is wide, they'll either have to approach me at an angle or go wide and then turn to face me. In the former case I can rush in before they're right straight with me and hit their drum/front corner to knock them up and sideways. For the latter, Them going wide should expose their side to me, and I can rush in and either hit their wheel or again their front corner while they are turning to face me (and likely gyrodancing)
If I do end up getting a good hit this way, do my best to chain hits before they recover. If they turn the power of their drum down to stop the gyrodancing that is my opportunity to strike weapon-to-weapon since I still have +3 weapon on their weapon armour.
Try my best to avoid weapon-to-weapon hits when they're spinning at full power. Reverse away if they're approaching straight on and try the start-of-match strategy again. Also try to avoid situations where I am in the middle of their bot and the middle pit.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: D12 Round 1: Scrapper vs Tidal Wave

Post by Trihunter » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Quick notes: We deal 6 damage through their drum, and melt basically anything we get our mitts on. Frankly I could just fire up the spinner, do donuts for 3 minutes and probably score a win. But let's try and be actually sensible, right?

Play it defensive, keep it slow. They're the one at a huge disadvantage here, let them come to us. Just focus on not letting them around our spinner. If they decide to just camp a nice cozy spot, take a slow, approach, predicting a rush, and pre-emptively adjust ourselves to catch them out trying to snipe a wheel or wedgelet, and scoring the killer blow in the process. Something something Ray Billings. We do need to consider gyrodancing, but a small, snappy movement should be enough to land the hit before we go too far up. Even a less than perfect hit is gonna lob them hard, giving us ample room for a follow-up strike. If we break their weapon and it's still alive, see if we can punt them OotA or something.

tl;dr: Take the fight clinically and calmly, secure the hits needed to win, avoid taking hits that aren't to the weapon.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)