Chronic Jobber vs Listen Here Granddad, This is America. Everyone Here Eats Ass

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Chronic Jobber vs Listen Here Granddad, This is America. Everyone Here Eats Ass

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 pm

CJ: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armour: 7

LHG: // Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 11 (+1 front) // Flat Wedge //

High Torque + omnis = I can still rush bitch fuck your fancy center nail

this is spinner vs wedge if you actually need a 400 word exactly writeup from me you're a masochist. if you make me fall victim to a tombstone wheel-bait or other obvious bullshit you're an asshole. If I stay high tempo and in his face I'm most likely to win so I'll do that. oh also he has no reach and comically abysmal bite. seriously. look at that disc. is that an effective disc? no. it's not.

only utilize the puncher when he's not spinning. use with a running start to really launch him into the screws, or use it when already pinning up against the pit/spike walls to try and strand him on it. oh! that's the other thing, his wheels aren't exposed at the rear at all and he has like no ground clearance he's easy as fuck to strand and stranding things is literally the prime use of this weapon.

one more thing. this arena has an extra wall in the center. this center nail equivilent bullshit might be designed to block rushes and help spinners, but it also increases the amount of things they can ricochet off of and the amount of things I can pin him to. use that.

GL

Hiicantpk

Re: Chronic Jobber vs Listen Here Granddad, This is America. Everyone Here Eats Ass

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:43 am

Bar spinner, starting inverted

So the thing with punchers like my opponent is that once their bar is bent even slightly, it can't work. I doubt they care about that though since its likely they're just going to cosplay as a real wedge bot and maybe occasionally thwack. They have a 12 armour front, but 10 armour everything else that I can do critical damage on.

Spin up at the start and wait, they'll likely approach from the side my blade doesnt spin towards or something so be prepared to rotate my weapon against the gyro forces to bring it into them as they approach. Since my bot is starting inverted and my blade will be hitting higher, theres a chance the body of my bot will ride up their shallow wedge and if I time it right I can turn into one of their wheels and give it a good trim with my blade before they can punch me away
If they try to do a flying-spinning-kick style attack where they charge at me and then spin around to thwack me just keep my weapon pointed at them and hope I don't go flying from the recoil.

Overall just try to not get smothered, keep spinning (to hopefully keep winning), and try not to die to the side drums
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57