Thundersnow VS Netherworld Dwellers (Butcher's Circus, Round 2)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Thundersnow VS Netherworld Dwellers (Butcher's Circus, Round 2)

Post by GF93 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:34 pm

All Teeth, default stats.

Yuyuko, solid wedgy brick which matches me for torque, while Youmo's faster and has that unusual chainsaw. They've got their weaknesses, though; Yuyuko is considerably slower than I am, vulnerable to flanking, has no active weapon, and her torque only matches mine; so despite accelerating quickly, I still out-speed her considerably. Likewise, even though Youmo's faster, I'm still fast enough to keep up and reach my top speed faster through better torque, the chainsaw's relatively ineffective against everything that isn't my tyres (even then, I have the top spikes to stop her going over), and she has only 1 armour.

My approach is aggressive/strategic, keeping moving constantly and the two facing me to prevent them teaming up and flanking me; my main priority will be to take out Youmo first. Keep Yuyuko at a distance and preferably facing me to start with, and don't let her flank me; from there, scoop up Youmo (preferably from under the back/sides/corners), and copy any movements (stop briefly if she tries using the chainsaw to lift herself over, then continue before she can get away) to stop her escaping. From there, repeatedly and mercilessly ram Youmo into both the walls and Yuyuko to deal maximum damage and cripple her ASAP.

Once Youmo's definitely dead, be more aggressive against Yuyuko. Focus on getting under from the sides/corners, flipping her over repeatedly with the scoop (preferably kept on her back to nullify the hinged wedges), and ramming/squashing her into the walls to deal impact damage and wear down the clock. Keep her forced onto the backfoot throughout, and once she's been sufficiently softened up, try propping her onto one of her sides against the wall to immobilise her.

Aggressive defence is best, here; actively taking the fight to them and taking away the main advantage ND has through the minibot. Even so, stay laser-focused on where both bots are at all times, keep the scoop down and the front facing one/both of them whenever I'm not underneath, take advantage of Yuyuko's slow speed to keep her at a distance while dealing with Youmo, and only bring the lifter into play against Yuyuko. Avoid the floor spinners when they activate, drive off the wedges immediately if either gets underneath, don't let either come in from the sides/behind, and dodge/counter as I need to.

Good luck!

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Thundersnow VS Netherworld Dwellers (Butcher's Circus, Round 2)

Post by V900 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:45 pm

shoutout to laz for inadvertently reminding me that i need to RP lol

ummmmmmmm
robots
V900 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:34 pm Netherworld Dwellers

Yuyuko (main bot, no minibot)
Speed: 5
Torque: 4
Traction: 5
Armor: 12 (+1 front and back plows)
Weapon: 4 (3/3 lifters)

statline with minibot
Speed: 5
Traction: 5
Armor: 10
Weapon: 0

Youmu (the minibot)
Speed: 8
Torque: 2
Traction: 7
Armor: 1
Weapon: 6

Weight distribution is 100/0 without the minibot (obviously) and 80/20 with it.

better render + description soon

GF93 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:29 pm SHW, huh? Well, why not. :P

THUNDERSNOW
A versatile and strong ramming machine that takes influence from the likes of Panzer Mk4, Crusader and Vanguard, this huge 6WD ramming machine is the first SHW entrant in several years for Ice Cubed Robotics. Designed to expand on the telescopic rack-and-pinion fork system that was originally invented for Black Mamba, it's got a reinforced lifting scoop that can both bulldoze opponents effectively and soak up plenty of damage, good all-round protection from even the nastiest of spinners, plenty of speed and power from a low and wide six-wheel drivetrain... and it glows in the dark, too! Vicious as can be, this literally cold-hearted beast brings to the Circus the thrills, the chills... and soon, the kills...

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Weapon: 3 (180-degree Lifting Scoop driven by geared electric motors, with attached rack-and-pinion forks for extra stability.)
Armour: 10

ARMOURED
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Weapon: 1 (same as above, just with a heavier scoop setup for better spinner resistance.)
Armour: 12 (+2 to front scoop, so 14/10)

Notes: Can both effectively self-right and run upside-down unimpeded, and both sets of forks on the scoop are removable if need be. Much like Black Mamba, the telescopic forks are mounted on a punching bar-like rack-and-pinion system that runs off the same motor as the lifter; which protrude outward when the Lifter opens, and retract when it closes, allowing it to more easily lift opponents and keep all its wheels on the ground without toppling over forward. Due to running off the same mechanism as the main weapon, it costs no extra points to use. Just for fun, it also has LED neon-effect underlighting on the main body. Named after the unusual type of thunderstorm that has blizzard-like snow for its main precipitation instead of rain.
Observations:
  • I should mention that the lifters are the side prongs, and as such the main bot can self-right really easily if flipped. I never did get around to that "better render + description", oh well.
  • Chainsaws are cool and valid and inflict the same amount of damage as a regular saw. This means that if Youmu can sneak in the back and clamp on for ~16 seconds, he's dead.
  • Thundersnow is specifically a lifter and NOT a flipper. It is a lot more difficult to OOTA with a lifter than a flipper. Even if it were a flipper, it has 3 power and the OOTA walls require at least 4.
  • Since the arena has no damaging hazards, that means he has no ability to KO my main bot outside of scoring 30 rams (not happening within 180 seconds), and has to rely on accurately ramming Youmu on one of his teeth to deal his 6 damage. Given how small both Youmu and his set of teeth are, he'd be hard-pressed to both get past Yuyuko and get the pinpoint ram needed within the first minute. The spinners boot up after a minute, and no way is he able to navigate a ram afterward.
Strategy:
  • Play defensively for the first minute until the spinners turn on. Yeah yeah I know I just said that he'll have a hard time ramming Youmu, but better safe than sorry. Once the spinners are going, this soft-forces him into driving around chokepoints. Use Yuyuko to get in his way.
  • I'm not really expecting to get under him a ton with Yuyuko, but if the opportunity presents itself, lift him up like 10-20 degrees. This should allow for Youmu to easily get in and is pretty much the only position where I'd go aggro before a minute passes.
  • After the spinners come into play, continue using Yuyuko to get in his way while Youmu finds a way either around to his back or side. Try to keep my distance so that he can't argue anything about torque or acceleration.
  • Watch out if he decides "spinners schminners" and tries to cut through them, be ready to run away with Youmu and persue with Yuyuko.
  • Clamp, saw, rip, tear.
gl hf