Corona vs the Devil’s Paradise

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Corona vs the Devil’s Paradise

Post by patrickrowberry » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:27 am

my bot: 6/6/6/6/6

his bot:
Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Torque: 2
Weapon: 13
Armor: 7

I have perfect control and he don't I will push him everywhere but I will die as soon as he hits me

start; its the Patrick rowberry special of box rush.. harass but don't go head on be a nuisance make him gyro and get under and fling him around 2 hits to do tic damage ( repeated hits ) avoid being hit take any chances I have to get under and hit push him to walls use my control to make him gyro

rinse and repeat

gg

Superbomb122

Re: Corona vs the Devil’s Paradise

Post by Superbomb122 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:43 am

Normal config

This match mostly comes down to the wedge matchup, being a battle of verts. The good news is my wedge has a thinner and more shallow leading edge, giving me an advantage when our wedges meet. Of course, when I do connect, I do 7 damage (OHKO territory) to the chassis and 3 to his weapon. He probably plans to counter this advantage with drive, but 6 speed and that turning circle are going to struggle to flank barring a serious fuckup.

When the fight starts, approach him somewhat quickly while spinning the weapon at approx. 50-75% speed. Try to keep Pat in front of me and punish any overzealous attempts to flank by turning and charging into him. Otherwise, wait for him to be positioned in front of me, turn the weapon to 100% charge, and kill.

The floor hazards will present a mobility issue for me, but I can probably bait Pat into them with some clever positioning and baiting. Hopefully, one can disorient Pat enough for me to kill him that way if it comes down to that.

Oh and I can OOTA pretty easily, so there’s that.
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9