Butcher's Circus Round 1: BOX vs Tower Of Gray

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Butcher's Circus Round 1: BOX vs Tower Of Gray

Post by Trihunter » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Tower Of GrayBOX.
Speed: 7Speed: 1
Traction: 6Traction: 5
Torque: 1Torque: 5
Weapon: 9 (5/5/5)Weapon: 3 (1/1/1)
Armour: 7Armour: 15
Config: StandardConfig: No :)
Ok, Box is a thing. Shouldn't be too tough to control, since we can pretty easily get around it with our significant speed difference. Just get around the side or back, roll them over, and stack 'em against the wall so they can't self-right properly, or use the wall wedges to get them up enough to boop them out. Easy. There's not much they can do to us, especially if we're constantly rolling them over.

tl;dr: Exploit significant speed advantage, either wallstack so they can't selfright, or score an OotA.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Wolf51-50

Re: Butcher's Circus Round 1: BOX vs Tower Of Gray

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:24 pm

Tower of Gray has a good lifter, but it has absolutely nothing to clamp onto. And due to the awkward shape of Box along with the weight distribution, he's not gonna punt me very far either. Tower of Gray is meant to punt those kinds of compact, short, candy bar shaped robots.

Immediately back away and use the floor spinner as cover. Have him keep going around it in order to get to my sides. If he's close to wedging a side or rear, back onto the floor spinner so I can spin away and face him. If he tries to pick me up from the front, use my long spike to push me away. Same for when I'm getting lifted. The spike should have enough power to knock me off. Self right when knocked over. Having my rear wheels hinged on a limiter should also lessen the amount of times that I am thrown over. When I have control of him, use the wide base of Box. to make it harder to escape and send him flying into the wall with the spike the moment he tries to escape.

Good luck