ROBOT4 FWS Grand Final: Split Personality vs 2A

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT4 FWS Grand Final: Split Personality vs 2A

Post by Trihunter » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Split Personality2A
Speed: 8Speed: 3
Traction: 7Traction: 3
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 5Weapon: 22 (15 gun, 15 ammo), 32 bullets total
Armour: 7Armour: 1
Config: N/AConfig: Step On Me, Daddy
Quick notes on 2A's opponents (excluding FFs):
  • Duck Stab: 7 speed, 1 torque, 8 armour. Died after losing structural integrity in one of its thin wheels.
  • XO: 8 speed, 3 torque, 6/10 armour. Successfully rushes.
  • M&S: 7 speed, 7 torque, 4/10 armour. Successfully rushes.
2A's easier to rush down than people remember. However, maintaining that momentum's gonna need some interesting tech.

As you'd expect, we're starting with the angry face forwards, and we're box rushing. Not only do our rams deal 6 to his entire chassis, we just need to land one decent angled hit and the barrel gets borked, instantly ending the fight in our favour (just need to whack em a few more times for 4+ damage with the hammer to secure it). Also for some reason, Noah forgot Steppy, thus guaranteeing a box rush succeeds. It's a game of oneshots, and we're gunning to lock ours in.

Another matter of note: Notice how well spaced out everything on SP is. There's a lot of spare space inside, held together with support structures that'd naturally interfere with a shot at anything vital. If 2A can get away with having more space in their bot filled with ammo than a Portal turret, we can get a bit of slack there too. Should buy us enough time for our 8/3 drivetrain to get us in enough to score that hit, even if it does result in the front needing a new coat of everything.

tl;dr: Kamikaze, break their weapon, wail on them til they fully die. Bit short, but it's not like this fight's going over a minute either way.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: ROBOT4 FWS Grand Final: Split Personality vs 2A

Post by V900 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:44 pm

I am Heavy Weapons Guy. And this-

[places robot on table]

...is my weapon.

She weighs thirteen point six kilograms and fires two hundred dollar, custom-tooled projectiles at six boolets (sic) per second. It costs fourteen thousand dollars to fire this weapon...

...for twelve seconds.

obligated:
V900 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:44 pm The bullets make up a lot of the robot's weight in total, yes. But each one is fired individually. It takes a lot more force to recoil my robot backwards than it does to propel a comparatively smaller bullet forward. Recoil issues may occur if I'm almost out of ammunition, but at that point I'll have bigger problems.
  • 2A's bullets have teeth designed to catch on opponents and ensures that any near-misses aren't deflected. You can see them in the CAD.
  • Perfect traction means Boto Noisy The_Angry_Goat aka Archangel aka Gabe aka Siobahn ur mom lol can't argue "well he'll slip while turning and miss his shots". It also takes a lot less steering to aim toward him at a distance than upclose. He needs to cover a lot more ground to get around me.
  • Duck Stab XO crouton.net this joke is getting old has to decide whether it wants to dodge to the side or charge straight and try to box rush me.
Observations:
  • 7 armor LOL. Not to mention Split Personality's whole schtick is that it's super wide. And flat. Like, come on. You're just asking for it at that point.
  • I have 32 ammo and inflict 7 damage at minimum, 9 damage at maximum. Fucking YIKES.
  • I technically "only" do 5 damage if my bullet hits his hammer, but that'll almost surely do massive damage to it. Not a worthwhile trade for him.
  • I can proc repeated hits after 1 (one) hit maximum in the same spot. Very cool!
  • His ramming, if he tries that, only has 5 weapon power. 4 damage likely isn't enough to bend my cannon out of commission (it's got wiggle room to bend at least a few degrees before issues crop up), but if he attacks me head-on he's getting instagibbed from the cannon anyway. Not a viable strategy when you have OHKO armor.
Strategy:
  • Drive forward maybe a foot or 2 at most, then only use my drivetrain exclusively to turn toward him.
  • He will definitely argue something like "well, I just need to get in once and then I can hammer him 4 times for repeated hits-", but he'll need to outright flank me in order to avoid getting shotgunned. Not happening. Especially when I'm corner camping (thus having two walls to protect me) and when he's got -1 traction disparity.
  • Sit and spray. 3 per second if at long range, 6 per second at mid or close range.
You're going to need a bigger hammer.