V900 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am Sportsman: 2A
Weapon: 16 (11 gun, 11 ammo), 24 bullets total
NON-multibot (where it enters the arena without No Steppy)
Weapon: 22 (15 gun, 15 ammo), 32 bullets total
The gun has a big pneumatic engine nearby it that can either rapid-fire PEWPEWPEW BRRRRT the bullets all at once or a couple at a time. It's invertible but the gun's feeding mechanism (read: a ramp) won't really work upside down. Basically, it does this.
No Steppy is both invertible and can self right. It's really just Phat Slug with less stat points, though.
Multibot weight distribution is 50/50. The bullets make up a lot of the main bot's weight + some weight's taken from the insides and stuff, to the point where the chassis wobbles and sways when driving. I'm sure it'll be fine. :^)
about darn time tbh
- 2A's bullets have teeth designed to catch on opponents and ensures that any near-misses aren't deflected. You can see them in the CAD.
- Perfect traction means YSM can't argue "well he'll slip while turning and miss his shots".
- I have 24 ammo and inflict 3-4 shock damage per shot. 3 when taking the -1 damage distance penalty, 4 when upclose. Hint hint, 4 shock is enough to easily knock off that plate with a few hits in the same place.
- 1 hit to his treads and they're toast.
- 🅱amplate config means no wedge and thus literally 0% chance of getting under. No dice rolls here.
- The added acceleration from 7 torque is only 0.33 seconds higher than me, AKA not a lot. Not enough to flank NS with only a 1 point speed difference, anyway.
- 1 power flamethrowers take 20 seconds to penetrate 1 armor.
- 2A in the back, No Steppy! up front facing wherever M&S decides to start.
- Have 2A slowly approach while NS acts as keepaway and buzzes around 2A. He'd have to flank both of us in order to ram 2A, not gonna happen.
- Keep NS's lifter down and use it only as a lifter. Don't clamp. The idea is to disrupt M&S's approach. Aim to flip him over and expose him to attack.
- Fire 2A's cannon only if NS is out of the way, and either: 1. I can line up the +1 close-up damage bonus (and stop if M&S strays out of that range), or 2. if I have the opportunity to hit M&S's chassis/treads at any range with 2A's cannon. Do so at 4 bullets per second.