ROBOT4 FWS Semi-Finals: Crazy Diamond vs Split Personality

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT4 FWS Semi-Finals: Crazy Diamond vs Split Personality

Post by Trihunter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:25 pm

Crazy DiamondSplit Personality
Speed: 7Speed: 8
Traction: 6Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 12 (functionally 11)Weapon: 5
Armour: 4Armour: 7
Of course I got the one person that remembered to RP last week.

Quick notes: CD can deal 4 damage every 2 seconds, breaking our armour in 8.8 seconds. We hit for a point in under a second breaching their armour in 8.3. Also consider we're one of the widest bots in Sportsman, CD's gonna have issues hitting us properly if we're in close, since the arms can't complete their arc and they'd probably hit lower on the arm's length. Also 4 armour is lulzy enough that we actually deal 3 damage simply by ramming them. Ez.

Start off with the concave orientation (sad face forwards), and gun for a box rush. Predict a strafe, and make sure to catch them in the concave bit of our bot. This prevents them from properly firing their weapon, and if we're gunning it, they take ramming damage too, getting slammed into the wall. Our primary strategy is to predict their mecanum shit with our faster and more consistent drivetrain, snatch them up in the concave section, blocking the ability for them to use the sidearms, then pepper-pot them whilst slamming their ass into the wall. A couple of well-placed rams, if they came in at an angle, could bust up their wheels some too. Just keep in control of the match as best as we can, and ensure we can score a kill before they can.

tl;dr: GOODBYE, JOJO
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

hide
Team: Team C/D

Re: ROBOT4 FWS Semi-Finals: Crazy Diamond vs Split Personality

Post by hide » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:15 pm

Tri is going to emphasise his 8 speed, but ignore the fact that he nearly has the same drive as Lift Device, meaning that whatever drive advantage he emphasizes in his matchup isn’t that big really. He also has less control than Lift Device, so smh smh

Still a drive advantage is a advantage, right? Right? No, not really. SP has no wedge, so even though he has a bit more pushing power, he isn’t properly equipped to utilise it. Which is a bit of a concern considering the type of bot he has lol.

So he doesn’t have that big of a drive advantage, so surely he makes up for it with a weapon that can pierce me in a few hits, right? No. His weapon relies on control, which he isn’t very effective at. And meanwhile, I pierce him in 4 hits. And I outrange him. And I strafe.

So, with this in mind, I want to cripple him and KO him as soon as possible. Im going to strafe out, acting unpredictable. Im going to drive like Im favouring attacking his left, but fake him out and attack the right side and hammer on it as much as I can. Remember, I outrange him, so I can attack him without getting in dangerous territory. When he’s in response range, strafe away as much as I can. He barely has that much of a drive advantage, so he’ll be struggling to catch up, especially after to his drive.

So, withdraw, and circle quickly at a safe distance. Do a quick fake out, and leave him disoriented. Make sure he can’t catch me, and rush in onto his vulnerable side. At that point, I’m likely to have scored at least 2 hits, I can at least break through my second run in.

From there, it’s going to be much worse for him. By that point, if I get a good series of hits, he’s done. At that stage, I’ll go über aggressive. I’ll act more erratic, throw him off, and charge in as often as I can without getting caught. I am going to cripple the right, and without it one side of his drive he’ll be immobilized.

Obviously, don’t fall to baits, etc.

Good luck Tri.
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney