I AM NOT USING THE MULTIBOT IN THIS FIGHT okay thank you no forfeiterino plox
V900 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am Sportsman: 2A
Weapon: 16 (11 gun, 11 ammo), 24 bullets total
NON-multibot (where it enters the arena without No Steppy)
Weapon: 22 (15 gun, 15 ammo), 32 bullets total
The gun has a big pneumatic engine nearby it that can either rapid-fire PEWPEWPEW BRRRRT the bullets all at once or a couple at a time. It's invertible but the gun's feeding mechanism (read: a ramp) won't really work upside down. Basically, it does this.
No Steppy is both invertible and can self right. It's really just Phat Slug with less stat points, though.
Multibot weight distribution is 50/50. The bullets make up a lot of the main bot's weight + some weight's taken from the insides and stuff, to the point where the chassis wobbles and sways when driving. I'm sure it'll be fine. :^)
Observations:V900 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:44 pm The bullets make up a lot of the robot's weight in total, yes. But each one is fired individually. It takes a lot more force to recoil my robot backwards than it does to propel a comparatively smaller bullet forward. Recoil issues may occur if I'm almost out of ammunition, but at that point I'll have bigger problems.
- 2A's bullets have teeth designed to catch on opponents and ensures that any near-misses aren't deflected. You can see them in the CAD.
- Perfect traction means Boto Noisy The_Angry_Goat aka Archangel aka Gabe aka Siobahn can't argue "well he'll slip while turning and miss his shots". It also takes a lot less steering to aim toward him at a distance than upclose. He needs to cover a lot more ground to get around me.
- Duck Stab XO crouton.net has to decide whether it wants to dodge to the side or charge straight and try to box rush me.
- 8 armor LOL (also crouton.net has a very flat front, practically a huge "PLEASE HIT ME HERE" sign)
- I have 32 ammo and inflict 6 damage at minimum, 8 damage at maximum. Enough said.
- I can proc repeated hits after 1 (one) hit maximum in the same spot. Very cool!
- Start positioned slightly offset to the side and aimed toward crouton.net. This helps prevent getting trapped in a corner. Stay close to a wall as that prevents crouton.net from flanking.
- Turn in place and spray bullets baybee. 1 bullet per second if crouton's far enough away to incur the 14 weapon damage-distance penalty, 3 per second if in 15 weapon mid-range, and let er rip at 6 per second if in 16 weapon range/basically right in front of my barrel.
- Move in only if the opponent decides to camp away from me. Try to stay close-ish to a wall, however.