Split Personality vs !!BITEME!!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Split Personality vs !!BITEME!!

Post by patrickrowberry » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:44 pm

my bot: 5,5,3,12,5

his bot: Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 5 / Armour: 7

strat: go straight at him and get the grab my crusher will deflect the first blow with it's 9 armour getting at his side pods hopefully 12 vs 7 while using my better ground clearance to ram him to the wall could end this quickly keep him to the walls and bite him 1/2 bites should do it

be aggressive his wideness gives me a lot to grab and even if he ties to escape with the axe me taking him to the walls make it hard to get the space he needs

gg

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Split Personality vs !!BITEME!!

Post by Trihunter » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:37 pm

Okay, if literally anyone else was RPing this bot, I'd be scared. Thankfully, it's Pat's bot, and Pat is predictable as fuck. He's going full aggro, and will attempt to box rush me even though he only has 5 speed. Overly reliant on the weapon-armour ratio, whilst also forgetting it takes ten thousand years for a crusher to lower, and less than a second for my hammer to fire. Although he has a wedge, and Wedge Good, because he decided not to invest in LEGO Slope 6 x 6 with Cutout (2876), his sides are flat as fuuuuuuck, which is Very Bad.

Gonna start the match concave face forward, and aim to snag one of those flat sides, so we get a nice and easy pushing surface. Thanks to the magic of standardization, Bite Me's chassis is perfectly square, with the wheels at the very back. This means if they try to angle on us, that flat side's hitting before the angled side, letting us nicely match it with our own flat sides and push back with a better angle. We can even block him off so the crusher just loops around the edge of our chassis (but maybe don't aim for that. Getting them square around the side or back is better). If they start bringing the crusher down and we're in danger, back off with our way better speed, and reposition for a fresh approach. Keep them away from the walls, since they'd be able to use it as leverage to keep us pinned. If we need to have a pushing match, see if we can dump them in the spinner pit thing.

We're basically aiming to score as many strikes as possible on the crusher hinge and wheels, using our better speed and previously discussed strats to keep us in an advantageous position as we throw shots out constantly, until we deal enough damage to break their mobility or score a JD win in all three categories. It's a little all or nothing, but the "nothing" requires a consistent lapse in judgement that I doubt could occur.

GL, Pat.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)