Rumble In Da Jungle Final: Avanti! vs Dead Baby Cannon

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Rumble In Da Jungle Final: Avanti! vs Dead Baby Cannon

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:19 pm

Avanti!: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12 (using the plow with Wedgelets)
Dead Baby Cannon: 9 speed, 7 torque, 8 traction, 1 weapon, 5 armour

I’ll just keep facing him at the start and head towards him if he wants to ramp right up onto my wedge at full speed then that is fine with me, if our two great, hulking, speedy robots meet at full-speed head to head then it won’t be good for his five armour, that thin lip of his wedge will buckle down a little after whacking into my stoppers, the wedge won’t be entirely ground scraping for long. They’re deliberately short for a reason, he’ll hop up a bit after his hits them but will still have forward momentum, making, my stoppers will be scraping his bottom panel and he’ll be stuck up there, unable to do a thing as I soon peacefully deposit him into Dustbucket to grill him, his pitiful 5 armour isn’t going to be lasting long from a house robots assault at all. As long as I’m able to face him, I should be getting under him most of the time, I have two hinged forks, he just has a plain old wedge, my forks are nicely spaced out and short, meaning they’ll be very hard to angle in on, even then, I have a decent enough speed so that I can counter whenever he does that. He’s too fast for his own good in a way, a very shallow angle on his wedge, buckets of torque and speed, no stoppers and a weapon with questionable effectiveness, if he does get under from angling in slightly, I can just reverse as he zooms right underneath me, no stoppers to prevent me as he drives forward and shows his rear or sides to me once I’ve driven off, if I can get under him from either of those positions then there is no way he can get off my wedge with that ground clearance. If I can flip him over by ramming him into a wall hard enough then that should do me nicely, his plow is higher than his body, meaning it will be useless when flipped and only two of his wheels will be on the ground, making it real easy to just get under and bully him around. Keep facing him, keep aggressive, deliver him to the house robot, it’s as simple as that, using my wedge and vantage to full effect, the steepness of mine should beach him nicely.

Best of luck Sirens man.

hide
Team: Team C/D

Re: Rumble In Da Jungle Final: Avanti! vs Dead Baby Cannon

Post by hide » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:57 pm

Avanti! is going to rely on a couple of things:
1. His 8 speed
2. My low armor
3. His forks
Unfortunately for him, all of these are mitigated easily. While it’s true that my drive advantage isn’t HUGE, I accelerate far quicker, outpush him and have mecanums. He’s most likely going to neglect this in favor of emphasizing the small speed disparity, which will be his mistake when he sees how quickly I can overrun him if he’s not careful.

As for his wedge:
1. Hinged fork vs flat isn’t a obnoxious advantage, so he isn’t getting under 100% of the time even on head on collisions.
2. He’s not going to be able to get head on collisions due to my quick acceleration and mecanums.

Finally, my low armor. His drive isn’t strong enough to deal significant ramming damage, and the little I take can be nullified with careful positioning and using my drive to avoid rams.

Now, onto my strategy. He’s probably going to expect me to angle in on him. Except...no. I’m going to do the same box rush as always, but once Im at full speed, I’m going to aggressively ram into him head on. Albeit, at a unpredictable angle. My torque+speed will be able to overcome him rather easily if done correctly, and if done so, I’ll carry on the offensive. I’ll feed him straight into Dustbucket and keep him pinned/immobilized as much as possible.

Even when I have to let him go, I’ll give him as little respite as possible. I’ll ram straight into him once more, albeit from a different direction than what he’s expecting. I’m going to be unpredictable, strategic, and aggressive. With my mecanums, speed, acceleration, and torque, this approach will leave him hard pressed to keep me away.

If he catches on, I’ll try to mix it up a little. With my drive, I can bait him safely. I’ll do that, and once he falls for it, quickly withdraw, ram straight into him, and pin him with no respite.

If flipped, use the srimech (the baby thing on top).

GL Ethan
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney