Hallucinogen vs. Avanti (ROBOT4 LW)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Hallucinogen vs. Avanti (ROBOT4 LW)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:21 pm

HallucinogenAvanti
Speed: 5Speed: 8
Traction: 4Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 11Weapon: 0
Armour: 9 (+2 wedge)Armour: 12
Config: DrumConfig: ???
Going drum, assuming Ethan's using his forks but he doesn't have to declare so who knows.

STRATEGY:
All right, it takes 14 hits to destroy his wedgelets with flat-surface hits, 12 with corner hits, and I can possibly hit more than one at once since I have a wide weapon. Wedginess is… tricky. He can in theory get the forks between my wedgelets and under the drum, but because he has several of them across his whole width, one of them will probably contact my wedgelet and get scooped up. OTOH if he gets under my wedgelet, his middle wedgelets can still contact my drum, which kicks me away and lets me do at least some damage.

Spin up and come out weaving around to avoid box rushes. Come at him aggressively and try to hit head-on so my wedgelets can do some work. I think it’ll probably be hard to get hits that launch him around, but when I do, stay on him and keep chaining as many hits as I can. Hopefully my drum will make contact in glancing hits enough to knock me back, but be prepared to hook and gyro-turn away so I don’t get slammed into walls by his faster drivetrain.

If one of his forks is looking damaged, try to keep hitting that side. It’s kind of a numbers game here: if I can bend it enough to start consistently catching it with my drum (which should take fewer than “destroying” it), I can more easily control the match.
A direct KO probably isn’t doable, but a KO by stranding is! His wheels stick out the back, but not the sides, and he’s still a bot with protected wheels, low-ish clearance, and no active weapon. Getting stuck sideways on the walls is a serious risk if I throw him at them enough, especially since this arena has the awkward shelves and corners.

GL HF

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Hallucinogen vs. Avanti (ROBOT4 LW)

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:54 pm

Using the underall Wedgelets.

As soon as the match starts, I’m going for him, gotta keep that aggression up after all to score some points for the judges, using my speed and his gyro to my advantage by angling in on his approach, his front doesn’t have any forks, it’s just all one wedge with a slight angle in, meaning I have the superior ability to get under, besides, only the very front but is truly ground scraping, the rest isn’t, making it easier to get under. If we meet head to head then that’s no biggy, my two inner Wedgelets will slip under his weapon with relative ease whilst the other two will just get under the non-ground scraping sides of his wedge, meaning I can get under him very easily, using my speed and torque to my advantage, preventing him from gyro-ing off by being relentless, driving him forward to ram him into that hazard, tearing away at his rear panel and those exposed wheels, the main goal of the fight is simply to deposit him into that hazard, keeping my front facing him at all times to prevent any juggling. I have four independently hinged Wedgelets, if he gets under one then the it’s fine really, I’ll still have another three that are getting under him, the worst he can do if he hits a Wedgelet is ping it up slightly, without lifting my bot into the air at all, they won’t be stuck upwards either thanks to the stoppers. he only has 11 weapon, meaning that drum will slow right down to a crawl after only a hit or two, meaning I can smother him, let him grind the thing to a halt on my forks shs just bully him all I want whilst he’s up there, he doesn’t have the speed to escape and if the drum is slowed right down or stopped, he certainly can’t even try any gyro moves to escape, even if he did, with how quick I am, he’d just be showing me his rear end, so I can get under him and lift those wheels up off the ground with my forks, making him vulnerable. If he does start to ping me with his drum, I have the speed to get away quite easily, face him and go for another assault. His drum won’t get much bite on my rounded sides.

GL