OBEY vs Machina non Grata

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

OBEY vs Machina non Grata

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:23 pm

OBEY // Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 11 (+2 front) // Long Nose
MNG // Speed:7 / Traction:6 / Torque:2 / Weapon:5 / Armor:10

I'm him with a point more in all my drivetrain stats, and he has forks that are incredibly easy to angle in on - I can go to the outside, or go on the inside of the forks. I'm still gonna try to angle around the outside, but I can do a last minute angle if we end up head-on.

the most important thing in this match is to prevent him from finding use for his weapon. it's not devastating to me really - I j-hook/out- accelerate him so he can't take me wherever he wants before flipping me, but it's still suboptimal to let him take control points with a flashier weapon. if I do get under him I can snowball much better I can flip him, and then
-use the opened flipper to kinda clamp on to him and shove him about places
-snowball him with repeated flips
-flip him once then wedge underneath him, following him when he uses the flipper to self right

all of these have the end goal of me pinning him against the wall and hanging out there for as long as I can - try and get him propped up in a position where he can neither escape or fire his flipper ("clamping" him if needed)

if he does get under obviously j-hook, monster truck, run away and self-right if flipped. my drivetrain is significantly better than his, I can and will position myself as I need.

Keep it simple, keep it aggressive, keep him from finding stability and control of the match once I take it.

GL!

Superbomb122

Re: OBEY vs Machina non Grata

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:48 pm

Normal config

Fuck off for entering a sportsman into FW and a vert into sportsman, first off.

OBEY’s drivetrain outclasses mine. This is a fact. It is also a fact that my forks are thinner and able to get under a bit easier, especially if I angle in.

When the match starts, commence the angle-fest. Attack from the outside of his turns when possible and try my best to keep him from getting a head-on wedge battle against me. If he gets under, j-hook off his extremely weak flipper and begin reversing erratically to make some space, much the same way gazelles run from predators. If I get under, waste no time making use of my much quicker flipper to launch him around. Chain him, put him on the walls, and camp the walls to at least be close whenever he crashes down from them so I can put him back up there.

Getting flipped is no biggie for me. I self-right easily. The hazard doesn’t do all that much to me, but avoid it to prevent Gabe from getting free damage points. Vary my approaches if the typical one stops working: bait him and turn, stop and start to throw off timing, etc. Keep switching it up to keep Gabe from predicting my movements as easily. This keeps the tempo of the fight in my hands.
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9