CBC4 FW Final: Finishing Move vs Ori

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC4 FW Final: Finishing Move vs Ori

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:37 am

Finishing Move: 8/7/1/11 (1 weapon armor transferred from drum for the lifter power)/3
Ori: 7/7/2/4/10 (+2 front)
Since Monsterworks has pretty much retired from ARC, I decided to step up to drive for tim.

We are faster than Ori. We also have more maneuverability with our mecanums. Our drum also has a decent power against Ori's armor, dealing up to four corner damage, not to mention how the lifter supplements it, allowing better control, self-righting, and more flexible tactics. Meanwhile, Ori has flat back and sides that can be exploited by corner damage, as well as giving us a bit of time to get an easy hit again in case they get stuck on their back. Their chassis armor also means that we can destroy their wheels quickly. Their spatula or forks can also be angled-on.

Start by rushing at them, then try to strafe around while using our higher speed. Don't try to get under immediately. Instead, pressure them while watching out for any tricks they will pull, like exploiting an oversteer to get their wedge under us, sweeping their wedge under us especially if they go with spatula, or other stuffs. We want to get under at the side parts of their front in an angle, though go head-on if necessary. Then once we successfully get under, the range of the drum means Ori will immediately go up.

Once this happens, immediately rush into then and keep chaining hits before they can recover, throwing them into the lowering wall for an OOTA or if we don't face it, the drum to help control them. Also exploit their self-righting if they try to do it by either hitting them from under and hoping the flipper gets hit to bend it, or dropping our lifter with the drum on their baseplate or wheels. Mostly avoid the other hazards because our fragile armor means they all actually pose a major threat to us, but also don't let them impede our maneuvering room too much. If they recover, keep trying to pressure them and wedge them again. Use different driving tactics every time that happens to make us unpredictable, as well as put the arm on the front or back as we have wedgelets on both sides, but face our opponent with the side the arm is on. We want to attack them with the VS approach, sometimes while also lifting the arm when hitting, and only use the hammer approach when necessary.

If they get under us, quickly back off as soon as it happens, then J-hook or strafe away to recover. We don't want to be too long at them because their flipper can pose a threat when it throws us into the hazards, or OOTA us as the match goes. If we can't back off effectively, desperately try to fire our lifter in order to shake us free. If this all fails and we gets flipped, quickly self-right and then find room to recover. Drive well, don't fall for any tricks, and exploit any weaknesses.

Good luck HFL. I also hope I can make Monsterworks proud

Hooray For Lexan

Re: CBC4 FW Final: Finishing Move vs Ori

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:13 pm

FORKS CONFIG please. Billy RPed first so hopefully he posted stats.

He’s very slightly faster but not as controlled, plus has Mecanums. However, don’t be overly intimidated by his speed. It’s not enough of a difference that he can reliably get around my forks, and he can’t damage my wedge. That said I do want to play this cautiously since he can do some damage if he chains hits on me. Don’t be over-aggressive with approaches, make sure I win them.

If he’s going drum-first, go in head-on. My forks have way more reach and should usually get between his, and with four really wide teeth he’ll have no bite. Push under his arm structure to flip, don’t dry-fire it and get hit by the drum like a moron. If he’s going backwards with the blade down, approach slowly so he just scrapes my wedge, backing off to reduce closing speed of possible. If he’s going backwards with the blade in “imma hammersaw him” position, swerve around and try to bait him into firing it early / while turning, because slamming that heavy weapon over will likely flip him or sent him off-balance. His ability to use it as a hammersaw is questionable because the top standoffs that make it usable in BoatMode should hit me and block the weapon from doing so, but I don’t want to take chances and his Underall rear wedge is best to avoid.

Don’t approach from positions where he can easily OOTA. If I’m flipped, prioritize not getting OOTA’d first, turning so if he chains he hits my wedge instead of my wheels second, running away to self-right third.

I can OOTA in the second half of the match, and easily in the last minute, but don’t just wait around or run away in the first half. Push or throw him into the Wild Flings. They do 4 damage to him, which can easily take off his big exposed Mecanum wheels, and beat up his wedgelets and arm too. The saws can also maybe destroy wheels but use the drums because they’ll also draw him up onto them, getting multiple “hits” and giving me time to retract. Obviously I want to survive the first two minutes without getting messed up by him chaining hits on me, but that becomes a lot easier if I can mess up his driving early on.

Once the clock hits 1:30 and the wall’s at 3 feet, consider going for OOTAs if I’ve been able to consistently get high flips so far or if I’m having trouble getting flips at all and I have to take every shot I’ve got. Otherwise, make a couple more attempts to cripple him with the hazards. Once there’s less than 1:15 left (wall at 2’6” high), focus on OOTA attempts and go for them unless my positioning is really bad.