Lift Device vs Lil Yeetums

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

Lift Device vs Lil Yeetums

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:42 am

Lift Device: 8/8/3/3/8
Lil Yeetums: 7/6/1/8/8
We have the speed advantage, as well as better control. In addition, their flip can't damage our armor. As for design, they basically have a box shape with only wedgelets on the flipper in the front, so it should be easy to angle-in, as well as get stuck on the side or back. Meanwhile we have a rack of wedgelets to do the job and counter wedging attempt.

Start the match by getting into a driving match with them. Chase them during this and try to get under them from an angle, trying to pressure them into oversteering slightly or just drive until we see an exposed spot. Once our wedges get under, immediately push while lifting them over their back and squashing them against the wall or occasionally using the hazard. We want to limit their maneuverability and room for recovery, and snowball them if possible. Park near them when they are overturned. As they use a low-powered flip to self right, be ready to approach them again and get under where they will land, thus controlling them back again. Also see if we can alternatively interrupt their self-righting by pushing and lifting them when they are on their back, trying to self-right.

If they manage to recover, immediately try to get under again, but use different and unpredictable driving approaches than the last, like small swerves and other tactics. But other than that, keep charging forward and aggressively, though keep an eye on any opponent baits however. Also if they try to drive off when wedged, which they can do with their large wheels, lift our lifter up to interrupt the process.

For defense, immediately back off and J-hook the moment they get under us, then try to counter their wedging attempt. We have to be quick as their flipper will fire immediately and control us for a decent amount of time with how far it fires and combination of drivepower. Basically they may be able to chain hits on us if they ever flip us once. Fortunately our back wheels stick out and should allow us to not be high centered. If we do get controlled though, just try to recover and fight back after this. Watch out for any tricks, don't fall for any baits, and exploit any weaknesses.

Good luck Attackfrog

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Lift Device vs Lil Yeetums

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Lil' Yeetums deserves a new render but she doesn't have one so we're going with what we've got.

Lift Device is marginally faster than Yeetums but it's rather too narrow to keep control of her. It has to get wayyy under Yeetums to do anything with its lifter (since the lifter is flush with its front) and though it could push Yeetums around, it'll be very difficult to keep her from squirming away with her huge, exposed wheels.

My strat here is to demonstrate my dominance with chain flips. If I can get any sort of angle on Lift Device, I can get at least one fork underneath its side and send it pirouetting through the air. Once I get a flip, I'll chase it immediately and get underneath again ASAP so I can be ready to fire the flipper once it's charged up. If I can keep it up it'll give me the win on damage, control, and aggression.

If Lil' Yeetums gets outwedged, J-turn away until I'm free and then go back at it. If Lift Device gets lucky enough to clamp the Yeetums, firing the flipper should get her out of there. Try not to get pushed into the hazard.

GLHF Billy!