CBC4 LW Grand Final: Scrapper vs Golden MADD II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 LW Grand Final: Scrapper vs Golden MADD II

Post by Trihunter » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:12 pm

Bot 1Bot 2
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 3
Traction: 2Traction: 1
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 16
Armour: 7Armour: 9
Config: No config, just musicConfig: Angled Shell
Awfully low down looking teeth you've got there, MADD. It'd be a shame if we denied you any chance to actually hit us, whilst letting us strike back easily. MADD looks like the right sort of shape and size to slide into the space under Scrapper's drum, which gives us a nice angle to wail on their teeth and outer shell, without them being able to do much to us aside from grind a smooth surface on our drum and struggle to catch on our broad teeth. Obviously, we need to focus on our approaches, and ensure they can't hit what little of our bot there is to hit. If we need a bit to spin up again, we do have the speed advantage, and should be better at pushing them around (due to having the more useful knockback and, again, better drive). Also, consider that srimech arm. If they turn whilst close to us, odds are it'll catch on our drum, especially when trying to perform such a precise manoeuvre whilst being hounded by spinning murder. Anyway, once their teeth are mangled, we can go more aggro, working on dinging up and eventually flipping them over. Maybe, if we're feeling extra cheeky and MADD is definitely toothless, do a 180 and wedge under them with our rear wedge, and take them to the hazards (also do this on the off chance the drum dies, I guess). Anyway, once we break them down and the win's basically confirmed, perhaps push for an OotA, could be fun.

(quick edit section since Rinz hasn't posted yet: MADD is a shell spinner in an arena with a gradually disappearing wall. If it starts pinballing hard mid-match and doesn't bounce itself out of the ring, I'd be surprised. Also push for that sort of KO in a worst case scenario or something.)

tl;dr: Keep them in the middle area of our drum, keep spinning, smash the teeth off, push for a KO or easy decision from there.

Good luck, Rinz. Stay sharp, NO SLACKING!
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Rinzler

Re: CBC4 LW Grand Final: Scrapper vs Golden MADD II

Post by Rinzler » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:33 pm

Yeehaw final time! Ngl the recent events in ARC have left motivation at an all time low but here goes nothing.

Alright so right off the gate I chose this shell specifically so our teeth dont meet. I wanna hit his chassis as much as possible. Second, that maneuverability must be shit with a giant fucking drum. Hes gonna be gyro dancing pretty much no matter what. And lastly, any hit he does get isnt gonna do shit to get me airborne (this is due to having relatively little bite and hitting my shell at downward angle).

At the start of the match I'm just gonna spin up and head to the center to meet him. Once I'm close use the kiwi drive to line up a hit on one of the fork/skid things (be mindful of where the srimech is pointing, this could get hit). After that first hit just keep going for the front corners of his bot. He cant hit me for anything worthwhile, but I can do a hell of a lot to 7 armor (not to mention shock damage).

As always try to steer clear of the hazards and watch for any kind of baiting

Good luck Tri!