Skully vs Black Lagoon II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Skully vs Black Lagoon II

Post by V900 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Spoiler
V900 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am Lightweight: Skully
Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Traction: 2

LEFT TO RIGHT:
Thunderhead
Armor: 11 (+3 disc)
Weapon: 12

Razor & Laser
Armor: 8
Weapon: 15

Configs:
- Thunderhead: The default setup. 11 (+3) (+4) armor packed onto the disc to help it win DPS races against other deathspinners. Teeth can spin in either direction.
- Razor: Dual discs powered off the same motor, meaning each disc effectively has 14 power. Teeth can spin in either direction.
- Laser: The spinner on this one is powered by a horizontal arm (4 power taken from the weapon armor). This leaves the spinner itself with 8 armor.
Archangel wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:02 am Lightweight: Black Lagoon II

CONFIGS: yes forks, no forks, left fork. Dual drums run off the same motor - their gyro cancels each other out so it will drive like a normal bot, a la Counter Revolution.

Speed: 4 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 14 / armor: 7
thunderhead config

---- RP BELOW THIS LINE DO NOT READ KTHX ----

Gabe technically doesn't need to declare, but if he knows whats good for him he'll go armsless. I'll get into that in a bit.

Observations
  • 11 +3 +4 = 18 weapon armor on my disc. At 14 weapon, BL needs to hit a single part on my disc 18 times in order to break it.
  • My disc has a lot of surface area, but for sake of argument let's lowball and say both of my teeth count as 1 spot, and he exclusively hits those. 50% chance of hitting either or with the disc spinning. So on average, it'll really take 27 hits before things start going south for me.
  • We have 3 minutes, he can't really expect to get 27 hits in. That's a little over 1 hit per 5 seconds. Especially when you consider that a 14 weapon drum is basically like a 7 power flipper... no, you can't chain 7 power flips with 4 speed, sorry.
  • Probably can't get his drum under the low-to-the-ground disc either.
  • Mechwheels means he's gonna punt himself back a bunch on any typical hit, moreso than I will.
    Spoiler
  • Look at all those areas with 7 armor! One hit from my disc and they receive 6 damage (5 damage and +1 as a result of very likely corner damage). Corner damage or not, a single hit will severely warp them. In the case of the drum supports, that'll result in the drum hitting the ground (bad) or getting stalled up (even more bad).
Strategy:
  • Start right side up, undercutter position.
  • Spin the weapon, aim to ram it directly between the drum supports. My disc is noticably wider than his drum, this is basically like trying to stuff a square peg into a round hole.
  • Put a lot of emphasis on straight rams and not trying to follow BL's wacky strafing around. Don't let him play the "muh traction good tho" card. Treat my weapon as a big area-of-effect attack. So long as one part of my disc hits his supports/forks/wheels/what-have-you, we're good.
  • If I get caught in a compromising position and need to turn, back away first so he doesn't have a chance to capitalize on any driving mistakes.
  • If he somehow hits the same tooth on my disc 18 times in a row to knock it off (0.000762% chance btw i ran the numbers), then spin the weapon down and retreat to survive until the end of the match. At that point though, there'll probably be like 30 seconds left tops.
gl hf

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Skully vs Black Lagoon II

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:03 pm

NO FORKS

this is... a weird one. -1 damage (14 hits) to his weapon for me, 1 damage (10 hits) to mine for him. I deal the same shock though, and send him up in the air (so also deal falling damage + destabilize his weapon). I can negate his advantages with 2 design/stat advantages though

1 - I have 2 weapons (so even if he kills the first one, I ain't out of the fight - my control just gets worse).
2 - I have better control, nothing in front of my weapon (IE he's not getting chassis snipes), and a more stable weapon type (especially with the gyro negation when I have both weapons operating).

use my mobility to set up hits the way I want them - mecanum crab circle around him as we engage so that I'm hitting with the center of my weapon into the rotation of his blade (I WANT big hits), and am aiming him towards close walls, corners, the floor hazard, or the ramp. I want him airborn, and I want him to reduce his spinner speed with wall impacts/force gyrodancing. let him deal shock to himself, force him into situations where he's not hitting me at full speed, etc.. I've got the advantage when I'm snowballing, he has the advantage in a slow fight.

dont fall for baits - I want to go weapon to weapon, simple as possible. the most likely one he could do is a tombstone wheel bait, but in general focus on engaging simply, and only really interact with anything other than hitting his weapon at a good angle if his control ratio comes back to bite him and I get a free opening from him trying to be clever.

GL!