splattual vs Invertical

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

splattual vs Invertical

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:09 pm

me: 6,6,3,7(5/5),8 (lifter)
him: 5 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 12 weapon / 8 armor (with plow pieces detached),
note: his spinner is hinged so can be high centred or made to hit the floor if lifted correctly
start: don't spin up, be aggressive, keep at arms length into he gryo by forcing him into it, (don't take him head on), if under take him to a wall and high centre, if behind/ at his sides spin up and chip his wheels and armour with repeated hits, only do small lift and drops to un settle his control and unbalance him more. if he escapes retreat to the centre while facing him trying to make him gryo and counter attack if possible. gg

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: splattual vs Invertical

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:18 pm

I wish I had come up with a better name for this bot. I tried and failed.

Invertical's using its no-plow config. I didn't actually show a render of this, which is unlike me, but hopefully you can imagine it. It'll give the weapon assembly a little more reach. It'll also mean I'm doing 4 damage to Splattual, which is "where things start to get serious," to quote the rulebook.

My strategy here is going to be to spin up, zoom over to Splattual and smack it in the face before it can do anything with its lifter. With luck I'll be able to control it somewhat with repeated hits. Otherwise I'll just have to J-turn like a champ and take any opportunity for a hit I can get. If I'll keep the spinner going, and if I'm flipped over for long enough I'll change the spin direction so it's as if I'm right-side-up again. I'll bend that lifter until it can't get under me very well, and I'll take absolutely no damage from the spinner, even with repeated hits (TM). (Like, it would take a lotttt of hits.)

I'll take chunks out of Splattual until it has no more chunks to offer and then take the victory too. At least that's the plan! :|

GLHF Pat!