Dystopian Avenger vs Double Rainbow

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Dystopian Avenger vs Double Rainbow

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Tornado Siren, forks off

Power up the siren to strike fear into the opponent as I speed towards Double Rainbow :V. This will lower his morale and make him question his strategy. Lowering his morale also means that he's bound to make more mistakes.

His only saving grace is that he slams his disc into the side of my wedge, so watch how he spins up and drive towards him at an angle. Slam into him and flip. Then get underneath and push him into the pit area. He's gonna have a bit of trouble getting out of that area with that clearance. If he's getting out with no problem, push him around for a bit and pin to the wall occasionally. If he's struggling but is slightly able to get out? Do this with the flipper.
If he's really starting to get some hits on me, charge forward quickly before he can get his blade in line with me so I can start being an ass with the pit.

Good luck

(Edit: multi hit rule is dumb :V)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Dystopian Avenger vs Double Rainbow

Post by V900 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:27 pm

Spoiler
V900 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am Featherweight: Double Rainbow

Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 11 (+1 weapon, +1 other weapon)
Weapon: 11

pour a 40 for my man monsterwerks

Dual weapons powered off the same motor, meaning each bar/disc effectively has 10 power and 16 armor. Have fun.

Also the caster on the bar config may or may not very slightly clip the weapon, but that's nothing a flathead screwdriver and some elbow grease can't fix.

Configs:
- Bars (spinning in same direction to increase gyro)
- Bars (spinning in opposite directions to decrease gyro)
- Discs (spinning in opposite directions to decrease gyro)
Wolf51-50 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:46 pm FW: Dystopian Avenger

Careful swinging that spinner around bud!
Ah fuck, now look what you've done!

8WD pushy, stealthy, almost mischievous flipper. Weakly Invertible and able to self right. It has an 85° stroke. Sports removable forks and a beefy wedge. Has a pair of spheres connected to the body to protect the wheels. The blue lines light up when turned on. Flipper lights turn red and body lights blink red when it gets pissed off or gets aggressive. Also has three other configs. Those being an air raid siren
https://youtu.be/rIos0ya-yss
Tornado Siren
https://youtu.be/yQTmkjK8hPQ
And just bc, an Italian siren
https://youtu.be/qD-u3shAXAw

6/6/6/1/11 (+2 front and forks)
Bars (spinning in same direction)

Hmm today I will hinge my entire bot's design around a new rule
clueless --->
Observations:
  • My 10 weapon vs his 13 armor means I'll need 18 hits to penetrate the armor.
  • 180 seconds during a match, which means 1 hit per 10 seconds. Not bad.
  • The spinup time penalty from having 2 spinners rigged to one another is entirely cancelled out by my low weapon power.
  • His lifter is attached on one single axle. If the middle comes off, then all of it comes off.
  • 6 torque (anything above 2, really) is effectively wasted points in this matchup.
  • I have 4 speed 3 traction. No fishing for flanks here, bub.
Strategy:
  • Aim for the center, duh. To maximize DPS, I'll go in with one blade, then turn around to hit him with the other. Let's go with... top blade, spin, bottom blade. 2 hits, that means I penetrate the armor within 9 engagements instead of 18. Stonks. Even if it doesn't work all the time, getting 1.5 hits on average should ensure that I rip his plow off before the match is over.
  • I'm spinning both my blades in the same direction. Hit the wedge, spin around with the help of gyro physics, hit the wedge with the other blade.
  • My blades have a lot of reach, and therefore will make it very difficult to just go "oh shove him around". He'll have to interact with the weapon, taking a couple of hits each time and pushing me juuust out of his range.
  • He's probably not dumb enough to raise his weapon into my upper blade and expose his chassis. But if he does it, then go ahead and swipe his chassis with the bottom blade.
  • Between 10 power, my better-than-average traction, and the position of my top blade, knockback/recoil shouldn't be a problem. If 15-16 spinners can do The Tombstone Thing[tm] with -2 traction disparity, I can too.
  • Don't engage with the ramp. Society has progressed past the need for ramps.
tl;dr be aggressive lole

gl hf