ROBOTS4 FWS Week 1: Lift Device vs Storm Worm

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

ROBOTS4 FWS Week 1: Lift Device vs Storm Worm

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:38 am

Lift Device: 8/8/3/3/8
Storm Worm: 7/5/3/5(3/3/3)/10 (+2 front)
Storm Worm is slower than Lift Device and more crucially, it has -2 control compared to Lift Device's perfect one. It will oversteer a lot for flanking while we won't be flankable. We also have a lot of wedges, and with how it's set up with the lifters, we may be able to act it as a clamp too by getting Storm Worm up the wedgelets and putting the weapon up, then pressing it down against Storm Worm. Finally, those thin wedges may get bent more easily when damaged, as well as being easier to slip and angle in with our own. However, don't underestimate the thin wedgelets ability to potentially slip under a gap between our many wedgelets too.

Start the match patiently, but be aggressive when possible. We want to leverage our drive edge by putting pressure on them, while making several maneuvers that will force them to turn, forcing them to oversteer. Once they do, immediately swoop in to flank, lifting them up upside down while pushing them to the hazards or walls. See if we can also clamp them. Once the pin timer is up, leave them near the walls or a hazard, then try to get under Storm Worm quickly before it can recover, giving them no room to breathe. If we have to go wedge-on, then we want to be head on, which will be easy for us due to our perfect control. But if we have the opportunity, try to angle in on those thin wedgelets.

Drive well. Self right when flipped. Turn to face our opponent if they somehow manage to get the angle-in position on us. Don't panic when we get controlled ourself, trying to regain control instead. Speaking of, quickly back off every time we get outwedged, using our speed to get distance, then J-hook and get back to the fight, while hoping our turning will also prompt our opponent to follow us and oversteer. The position of our back wheels means that we should be able to get some traction even if we are outwedged.

Good luck Wolf

Wolf51-50

Re: ROBOTS4 FWS Week 1: Lift Device vs Storm Worm

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Forks. Take off the red rings so I'm somewhat invertible

"LOL DREW YER GONNA LOSE BC 7/5 LOLOLOL"
>Looks at rules
>10-15% chance
>In other words 9/10 they can't just straight up flank me
Sure buddy :V

Rush at the start. My wedges fit perfectly in between the two gaps for his wedgelets. Get under and flip. He might try to turn to miss my wedges and aim for the sides, but while I might have a bit of skidding going on, he's gonna have the turning like a double decker bus. So even if he tries to flank, he still had to get his ass to turn the corner, which I'll probably be well adjusted by then and can get under his front.
Make sure all he sees is my front. If he gets under me, drive off. Once I flip him over, push him towards a wall. Lift him up with the forks and use the side arms to lift him onto his side. Do not allow him to self right and try to keep him in that position. Flip him again if he does manage to. If he flips me, drive around a bit and use the arms to self right away from his wedge. If he gets under one of my forks, angle the rest of my forms and lift/flip/whatever. Clamping won't do him any good either: just use my lifting arms and flipper to flail around like a slippery fucker of a fish. Am I onto the pit? Drive up and our while using my lifting arms as a boost. In turn, see if I can push him down by using my side lifters to lift my body and then flip him down there.

Good luck