Spectrals vs Apeirogon II, ROBOT4

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

hide
Team: Team C/D

Spectrals vs Apeirogon II, ROBOT4

Post by hide » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:30 pm

The Spectrals’s speakers will play this:
- - -
Just in case I need to mention it, the Spectrals have normal wheels.

Anyways, I have a 4 speed advantage, which is pretty decisive. In addition, I have good acceleration/pushing from my bot’s 4 torque. He can say “hurr durr but it’s on small multibots”, but:
1. Two bots working in tandem, even if small, can definitely do stuff with 9 speed and 4 torque.
2. Stats > design on ARC for the most part.
So, I have a definitive drive advantage, meaning he’s gonna have to rely on his weapon to deal damage. Problem is, I can reliably stuff it with my drive advantage. Did I mention I have a better wedge that is suited for fighting verts? That too.

So, at the beginning, he’ll probably expect me to split up and try to flank him. Now I probably could, but I want to catch him off guard, which I can do. So, slightly split up, both bots will rush his ..... front. Not straight up, but at a angle, which Im sure I can do with (let me remind you once again) a 4 speed advantage/3 torque advantage. My better wedges will get under, and both bots working together will definitely be able to stuff him. I want to keep him pinned as long as possible, and keep him off his toes. Even if I have the drive to avoid it, his weapon is dangerous, and I want to keep it out of play as long as I can.

So, after the initial rush/pin, I want to keep him confused. I’ll drive erratically, and avoid falling into the same patterns in order to keep him guessing. I’ll approach with both bots at different, unpredictable angles to catch him off guard. If it’s safe, rush him and pin him as long as possible. If it’s not, back off quickly and regroup. My drive gives me plenty of leeway and ability to avoid him. After I regroup, attack at a different angle and pin.

If I keep this up for 3 min, I win.

GL
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Spectrals vs Apeirogon II, ROBOT4

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:02 am

SPECTRALS:(2x) 9/8/4/0/3
Apeirogon II:5/4/1/12/8 Main config, one point from weapon to pneumatic arm
That wedge shape is horribly inefficient, btw are those even hinged?
He is way faster and stuff but i do very much one shot each of the things no mater where i hit cuz 9(corner) damage lol.
My drivetrain is decent so it's not that bad of a situation, i just need to land one hit and then the fight is a lot easier and i confirm a 5-0 damage for a JD should that happen.
All i need to do is not get pinned and stuffed around the arena at all times and i am good. If i get pinned i should be able to fire the arm and hit the floor to escape to somewhere. Them approaching from the front has a big chance of me getting under and landing a KO hit. If they get to my back i can just fire the arm thingy and instantly smack their top for a KO too, they need to get to my side.
Start by driving off fast and don't stop during the entire match, just keep driving and try to find one of them from the front, if they split just go for one and keep an eye on the other.
If one tries to do a cheeky move and flank towards my side don't stop, instead just turn and give it my back, pretend i am distracted with the other or something. Either he will need to stop or go to my back and get smacked lol.
If one dies just keep facing the other at all times and go at it, it should work eventually unless he is a coward and runs to give me the JD or something lol
GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53