MADE IN HEAVEN vs Flameout

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

hide
Team: Team C/D

MADE IN HEAVEN vs Flameout

Post by hide » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:26 pm

So, big horse in the room: MADE IN HEAVEN has a 5 speed advantage and has 4 torque advantage. Yes, he may have a forked wedge + a nasty flamethrower, but they're effectively useless. He's to slow to get them into play, and even if he gets somewhat close to doing so....he has 1 torque. 1. So, his ability to control me is effectively non-existent, but because he has a EC-weapon and can't rely on getting a lucky hit, he HAS to control me in order to win the fight. Thus, his win condition (control me, THEN hold me long enough for the flames to get through my armor) are extremely hard, if not unachievable for him.

What are my win conditions, you may ask? Simple: I survive 3 minutes and control HIM with my overwhelming drive advantage. Much simpler than his win condition. Now, how do I plan on achieving that? Well, here's how:

I'll start with a box-rush, which should work due to my speed/acceleration, after which I'll attempt a flank. Now I know he has perfect control, but:
1. He's much slower than I am.
2. His 1 torque means he'll get up to his (already slower) top speed
3. I have mecanums
So, after flanking, I'll push his side HARD and pin him as quickly as I can. If the flank fails, otherwise approach from a more manageable, yet safe angle (which, again, shouldn't be hard, considering the difference between his drive and mine). In either case, the goal is the same: shove him into the wall, break his concentration and pin him. After I have to release him, QUICKLY strafe over to another angle, quickly ram him and pin him once more. I don't want to give Flameout any respite whatsoever.

I also want to get the hazard in action a bit, so after pinning him, I'll approach at a SAFE angle and feed his wheels into the hazard. A 5 power blow to the wheel should be enough to disorient him, after which I'll ram him once more. I'll also make sure to approach from different angles so he can't catch me.

After that, continue the ram-and-pin/feed-to-hazard pattern until the match ends.

While I may be aggressive, I'll take care not to make stupid mistakes. If something looks like a bait, don't fall into it: my drive means I can easily strafe away to a more advantageous position.

GL Attackfrog
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: MADE IN HEAVEN vs Flameout

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:23 pm

So Made in Heaven is one speedy motherfucker. Fortunately I've got some advantages as well in Flameout. Flameout is a wideboi, which will make it harder to get around. It's got a hinged and spiky wedge, while MIH has a flat wedge that, for all we know, is static. Once upon a time, if a wedge wasn't explicitly declared to be hinged and the render didn't show any indication of hinges, as is the case here, the wedge was automatically assumed to be static. It was a bit of a dick move to newbies, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to claim that Made in Heaven's wedge is static and that Flameout should therefore get underneath 80% of the time. In fact, I'll do it one sentence ago. Another thing I'll claim is that those wheels aren't mecanums, in case you were going to jump to that conclusion.

The other big advantage here is the literal firepower that Flameout brings to the table. To be entirely honest, I don't understand the flamethrower rules because damage per second isn't a concept that makes a whole lot of sense with the damage scale that we have. But what I do know is that Flamout's 9-power weapon will "break through" MIH's 4 armor in about seven seconds and then start doing some serious DPS. In addition, it's going to be dealing that DPS to the majority of MIH all at once, given the flamethrower's physical width.

My strat is going to be to keep Flameout's ass close to the wall so it's harder to flank, point the plow at MIH, catch MIH's plow as it comes in to wedge Flameout, and just blast the F out of it with many flames of burning. I'll undoubtedly be pushed around somewhat by such a pushy bot, but if the flamethrower deals enough damage (and it will, eventually) then this match is mine.

GLHF SIRENS!