Machina Non Grata vs Fork the Wind

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Machina Non Grata vs Fork the Wind

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun May 31, 2020 1:53 am

mng; (normal config) Speed:7/Traction:6/Torque:2/Weapon:5/Armor:10

ftw: (forks) 9,7,1,9,4

notes: both of are 4 wheel drive
repeated hits men every 2 hits I do damage
i'm faster but he has better control

strat;

get up to spinning speed then angel into him I have 4 forks he only has 2 central making his sides more exposed and easier to get under

hit him and try avoid his flipper if he get under gryo out of and try get to his sides

avoid the walls, avoid being flip

when on him never let up

gg

Superbomb122

Re: Machina Non Grata vs Fork the Wind

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:34 pm

Normal config

So, FtW’s entry says it has 4wd and says nothing about the forks being hinged. This turns a matchup that’s frankly not great on drivetrain to a much more favorable fight. I’m also going to go out on a limb and say 9 power is not enough to self-right this Aftershock-style, especially with how far forward the weapon is. The weapon also isn’t doing very much if it hits me to start, and his traction differential leaves him open to costly driving mistakes. That said, his speed keeps me pretty honest, so I’m not going easy.

When the match starts, rush him and immediately start angling in. If I get under, try to push him toward a wall and flip just before we get there to put him on top of it. If he gets under, j-hook and hope he can’t [unish too hard. My flipper should self-right consistently if he flips me. If he starts anticipating my approaches, start baiting him into mistakes and flank. If his wedge proves particularly easy to get under, just charge him with reckless abandon.

I can also get some use out of that purple spinner thing. It does decent damage to FtW’s 4 armor. Flip him into that if possible.

If he ends up stranded upside-down, wait for him to try and self-right before attacking again. I’m not confident in that spinner’s ability to right FtW, especially if it’s been stopped.

TL:DR exploit his wedge and traction differential, bully him around, hopefully strand him upside down

GLHF Pat
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9