CBC4 Semifinals: Golden MADD vs. Blood Eagle

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rinzler

CBC4 Semifinals: Golden MADD vs. Blood Eagle

Post by Rinzler » Sun May 24, 2020 11:30 pm

Music- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDkw_JolOgI

Semifinal time yeehaw. So a there's few things going into this fight that give me quite the advantage. First of which being the fact that if he runs as an overcutter, he is going to catch absurd amounts of air because of the angle of my shell and the angle of his teeth. If he runs normally, we hit each other's teeth. Next there's another issue that hasn't really come up: that bar is not stable and is fully capable of making the whole bot stand vertical (a la Valkyrie). Then there's his turning... It's gonna oversteer like a motherfucker if he turns the same way that massive bar is rotating, and it'll understeer just as bad if he turns opposite. Lastly; since I have the heavier, more powerful weapon, his bot is gonna go fucking sailing on solid hits.

So as far as the strategy: Nothing fancy. Spin up, get to the middle, and watch for tombstone baiting. No going for the wheels unless the weapon is slowed or stopped, I want to go weapon to weapon every hit. Keep the fight on the half with the gargoyles since they don't damage me (but they can damage the lid of BE). Before hits, strafe a bit to the left a bit to minimize his bite. If it becomes apparent he is trying to send me over to the organ, strafe away since 4 speed (and the aforementioned turning issue) can't turn that fast. In the event that he goes flying into the organ, don't chase him. I'm not going over there, he can come back to me. As a last resort if I'm just getting slaughtered start driving unpredictably. Laz kinda relies on predictable stuff in all of his fights, and this will make his strategy crumble pretty badly.

Good luck and have fun Captain HorseCock

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: CBC4 Semifinals: Golden MADD vs. Blood Eagle

Post by Madman » Sun May 24, 2020 11:56 pm

Me: 4/2/1/15/8 (+1 blade)
Him: 3/1/1/16/9 - angled shell

Nice bait with the angled shell.

He'll try to downplay the difference (and importance of that difference) in our recoil resistance and drive that lost him the last fight. These are still the same bots. His weapon's chonk, mine's faster. He's still a hippo on ice skates and... once again, this is a bad arena for him. Weapon to weapon, neither of us is killing the other, though I wanna avoid taking too much shock damage, since he has a slight edge there. Fortunately...

1) He has 1 traction, 16 weapon, kiwi drive, and an ultra-low profile shell that's high-ended at the slightest angle or baseplate damage and prone to coining. He has these things in a distinctly narrow arena with...

2) This is key: The walls of this arena are a killer for him. Normally, he'd ricochet, which is bad for him but not awful, but this arena's walls are angled, plus they have pillars with hard corners. Basically, he hits them, he coins... badly, or he smacks a pillar and goes berserk, also losing most of his shell's built up KE. Sometimes the little things are huge.

3) He has gaps in the top of his shell. The pipe organ fires from above. That's one more thing to worry about and limit his already limited safe movement.

4) I have normal-ass wheels, decent ground clearance, and a shade more traction. I'm also the faster bot, so I'll have more control over angles and who's going where after hits. I'm going to suffer a lot less here.

Charge him right at the start, full tilt box rush, spinning up as I go. Pay attention to his spin direction and use my better drivetrain to force impact from a position that puts him in the worse position for ricochets. Recover as quickly as I can and go back on the attack. Normally, the idea of pressuring with a 4 speed bot is laughable, but between the narrowness of the arena, his complete lack of recoil mitigation, his fear of the organ, the fact that I carry a big stick too, and those sloped walls making him coin, he's gonna have a time consistently getting up to speed. He probably won't take this lying down. He's enamoured with his strafing. Watch for him to try to either ensure more engagement if he's confident, or less if he's ultimately scared beneath all of his bluster. In the former case, sweet! In the latter, adjust accordingly by continuing forward and hooking into his spin direction.

I also won't be too particular about always being at full power before we hit. This is mostly about match control and pouncing on him when he's coining. When he is, I only need 12 power to slip under and take out a wheel or break through and warp his zero-clearance baseplate, which messed him up last time. As long as I drive smart, within myself, and execute my gameplan, the opportunities should be there.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49