CBC4 FW Semifinals: (9) Finishing Move vs (5) I Can't Believe it's not Tanto

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC4 FW Semifinals: (9) Finishing Move vs (5) I Can't Believe it's not Tanto

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun May 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Finishing Move: 8 speed / 7 traction / 1 torque / 11 weapon / 3 armour - 1 point of weapon armour to flipper
vs.
I Can't Believe it's not Tanto: 8 speed / 7 traction / 3 torque / 0 /12

My advantages:

1. I'm a spinner that can't be smothered. I equal him in speed and control, I have ample ground clearance, and I can strafe.

2. I'm the only bot with an actual weapon. He can push me, momentarily, before I hook, back off, fire my weapon to free myself, or otherwise get away. Meanwhile, I can instantly flip him 5-6 feet on contact with either my front or, in some situations, even my back.

3. If he goes flat wedge, that's a lot more surface and edge for me to hit. If he goes wedgelets, he's practically screaming, "please, fast strafing vert, angle in on my incredibly long and vulnerable wedgelets".

His advantages:

1. He has two more points of torque. For a second or two when I have to accelerate from a full stop, he'll be marginally faster in a straight line. He'll be able to push me momentarily before I... see above.

Come out like gangbusters. His ability to hurt me is nil unless I decide to be incredibly stupid and allow him to push me into the hazards with my 8 speed. My hinged wedgelets are more flexible and should hug the floor better. In the event he wins a wedge contest, he's also going to get under them long before my chassis, allowing me to strafe or hook away.

Offensively, mix in the obvious strafing with circle strafing, just going straight head to head, reversing just before contact to make him move forward and wheely, and going in reverse and swinging my weapon over the back. Counter his angling attempts in the following ways: first, just strafe to cut off his angle. He has to approach offset and swing in. Mecanums mean that I can keep my front facing him while maneuvering. He can't do the same. Second, approach normally and then back off at the last second, catching him as he swings inward and leaves his front corner exposed. Dart in on that, throwing in a little strafe if necessary to give me more bite on his chassis. Third, circle strafe to preserve the head to head. When I hit him, chain him. I have more than enough speed and his speed isn't a factor while he's in the air. Stay on him and pummel him right into the lexan with a big chain. Back off, spin up, repeat.

Defensively, hit him. That's the main thing. Go evasive briefly when I need to spin back up and get back on the attack at unpredictable splits: sometimes as soon as I'm spun up, when I'm not quite spun up, or after a slight delay. Keep him reacting to me. Utilize the tactics noted above to escape his wedge. The hazards are dangerous. Avoid them.

Good luck!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: CBC4 FW Semifinals: (9) Finishing Move vs (5) I Can't Believe it's not Tanto

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:09 pm

Forks, heavy stoppers. Organ music: (on loop)

As usual when facing drums I’m going to show relentless aggression, going for him head on, as soon as that match starts, hoping to impress the judges. If I’m meeting him head on then a good advantage I have is the fact I’m avoiding most of his Wedgelets, coming into contact with two at a time, at most, making it 50/50 wedgewise with a slight advantage to me thanks to my torque. The space between my forks is wider than his drum so if he does get under, he shouldn’t be able to hit me, my forks going either side of his weapon supports, meaning I can push him around. He had a four-tooth drum with rounded teeth and not a whole lot of power behind it, simply put, his hits are going to be grinding hits against my many flat surfaces, he really isn’t going to be pinging next up into the air all that much, meaning I can stay on the ground and overall have the better control over this fight. Once I get under, he doesn’t have the speed to get off, nor can he strafe off with only two wheels at the ground, making it easy for me to carry him over to the hazards of the arena, particularly to those gargoyles so I can pin him against the wall and wait for them to drop. His chassis is very low and flat, a compact bot indeed with no real air gaps inside, one hit from those gargoyles or the spikes is guaranteed to hit something vital and if it doesn’t kill him when it rains down upon him, it certainly will when it drops him, his puny armour won’t be able to handle it whatsoever. He quite literally cannot damage me, if it does go to the judges for whatever reason after I’ve had the hazards rain down or stab at him, then the damage, aggression and hopefully even the control should all be in my favour. With 11 power, it’ll only take one or two hits from his drum to slow that weapon right down. If he tries any strafing buisness, then I’ll turn to face him every time and go for him, he can’t afford to angle in with no speed advantage, having the words acceleration and gyroscopic forces to worry about when turning, leaving him open for me to slot under and ram him into those hazards, giving him a tour of the arena’s many, very pretty, features. No matter what, keep relentless, attacking, always facing forks first, ready to ram him. If we’re both having 8 speed head-on collisions into eachother throughout the match then his thin Wedgelets are going to start to look worse for wear, being only 3 armour, the head-on impacts will be messing them up badly. Avoid being tossed into the hazards myself. If he tries any swinging gyro tricks then stop and let him show his sides or rear for me to get under.

Best of luck dude.