SPINNERFOOD vs Hoarfrost

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

hide
Team: Team C/D

SPINNERFOOD vs Hoarfrost

Post by hide » Sat May 09, 2020 11:55 pm

I L I V E
Also, third time’s the charm, I guess?

(Out of RP note: Also, ARC admins, if you get a email about a new user by the name of SIREN, ignore it. I needed it because I couldn’t log into this account, but turns out I can now. So, no need for it anymore)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, 8 speed, 3 torque, Laz aggression, yare yare daze. Problem is, he doesn’t have a straight shot, which gives me ample time to spin up and set up various forms of trickery, which I’ll explain later. I can employ said trickery to get last the plow (you’ll see why in a bit) and if I do so I one shot or near-one shot him. Let me repeat: I get past ONCE, and he is toast. Meanwhile Laz has to:

A. Bully me around for 3 min in a very unconventional arena

B. Slowly, slowly chip me down with the fatales.

So, in sum, I have a simple, quick win condition that results in a OHKO. He, on the other hand, does not. Anyways, onto the strategy!

He’s probably gonna predict that I’ll do the DBG3 gambit out of the bat. If he does, suprise him by starting off with the bar spinning downwards. The Crooked Cop buys me enough time to switch the blade’s direction to upwards after he’s gotten out of his square. See, I intend to flip him, and Hoarfrost has those nice edges like DBG3 did that I can hit to send Hoarfrost flying. I have the precision and reach to do so: 5/5, 14 weapon and a HUGE clone style chassis. It bears repeating: I do this, and Hoarfrost is dead. I can rush in, get a shot in the vulnerable chassis, and Hoarfrost is either dying or crippled. If that’s not true, I back off and spin upwards again, get a nice shot on a edge and throw him up again.

(Note: If he doesn’t predict I spin upwards, I’ll spin upwards from the start)

In case he tries to say how he can self right in time: no, you cannot. The anti-HUGE plow is a awkward shape when flipped, and your flipper only has 3 speed.

Obligatory warning: avoid hazards.
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: SPINNERFOOD vs Hoarfrost

Post by Madman » Mon May 11, 2020 7:58 pm

Hoarfrost: 8/7/3/1/11 (+2 anti-HUGE plow)
Spinnerfood: 5/5-1/1/14/5

-I'm 3 speed faster and we have even control (remember the HDPE wheel traction penalty). I have 2 more torque and a wedge with the armour (13) and shape to nope his spinner. There are no hard angles or overhangs for him to catch on to deal corner damage or flip like he did against DGIII when Drew left his flamp up. If he gets to my body, he's not in OHKO range and will have a really hard time getting a shot without first skipping or ricocheting off of something else (like my plow).

-Basically, his challenge is to get completely around the very large plow of a significantly faster bot and strike its body cleanly and at full power, with no ricochets or skipping, and to do it a handful of times. Mine is to keep that plow facing him and to use my much better drivetrain to shove him around and control the match.

At the start, I'm coming in hot. With 8 speed and 3 torque, I have the speed to box rush with significant margin (7/2 bots can do it lol). Go right at him, taking maybe 0.2 seconds longer arcing slightly around that small middle obstacle. Smack into his face. Since climbing my sloped/angled plow didn't work for him in our last fight, he'll probably be all drunk on the 'spin upwards' thing. If he spins downwards, though (or I get in behind him lol), get him between me and that really low OOTA zone quickly, before he sees the danger, and help him self-OOTA. If he needs a bit of help from my flipper because he'll really struggle for bite, fire it if I'm 100% under him. Otherwise, my priority is keeping my face in his face. Watch for j-hooks, slightly angled or uneven approaches, turning sideways and trying to jackknife on my plow, and the usual bag of tricks of a spinner with his win condition. If I get flipped, either drive away and self-right when it's safe or self-right immediately as the situation dictates. Even with low power, it should be pretty elementary with my bot's shape.

Whenever I have him wedged, plow him into hazards at every opportunity, plow him into walls with extreme aggression, pin him for the timer's duration, driving at an angle along the wall for a moving pin, and flip before release (preferably into the hazards or the OOTA zone). With about a 1 foot stroke and 1 power, I can actually technically OOTA him, but I don't really need to. If I can flip him awkwardly (almost a guarantee with his shape), there's a really good chance he ends up with one wheel hung up on the wall or over it. Don't be profligate in my flipper use, though. A missed flip is a rare shot at an edge he can actually catch. Flip when I'm totally underneath or when he's pinned. Otherwise, be Hellhound, but with a really tall plow.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49