Rumble in Da Jungle: TRiP vs Avanti!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Killjoy

Rumble in Da Jungle: TRiP vs Avanti!

Post by Killjoy » Sat May 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Me IRL
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Me: 3 speed / 1 traction / 1 torque / 16 weapon / 9 armour (+1 wheels)
Him: 8 speed / 7 traction / 3 torque / 0 weapon / 12 armour
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
He has no weapon, meaning that his only real offense is to push me. I'm a uh... really hard to push shape, plus he has a huge footprint from above, making him easier to hit than his speed would suggest. Each hit I land hurts. A lot.

Basically be a flailing ball of death, doom, and neons. Win aggression by showing zero fear of him. Ethan has to last 3 minutes in there with me and show consistent match control somehow. His wheels are also so close to his chassis and wheelguards that they're basically rubbing up against them. Any warping is gonna mess up his driving. So...Hit him, whatever it takes: catch him on the return swing; face him sideways, let him push me, and jack knife; zoom up to him as aggressive as always and then back up a tiny bit instead and hammer him; take advantage of oversteer; monstertruck him both head on and at an angle. Oh, I can hit from both sides too. Be on the lookout for hit and run tactics, where he zooms up, boops me, and runs. Always respond with extreme aggression, and then mix it up suddenly and don't. Basically, throw in something unexpected occasionally. Yeah yeah I'm sure he'll have some clever counter. Get used to it, time it, and nail him.

Try not to mess with the statues - they're atmospheric and I like my rooms atmospheric. Same goes for the house robots. They're just hardworking guys doing their jobs. If one attacks me, though, let him have it right back. Let him have it more at the end if I KO Avanti and it's justified revenge. Mostly just kill Avanti, though. Not all Italians work construction, you know. Some don't like hammers.

Good luck :)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Rumble in Da Jungle: TRiP vs Avanti!

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:46 pm

I’m going to start off aggressively, rushing right towards her but not not head on. I’m going to keep it fast-paced and use my superior speed and traction to angle inand get around to those sides, as long as I’m approaching her from a decent enough angle, with my ample speed, I should be able to avoid that hammer of her’s. She has HDPE wheels with no tread... don’t they get a minus 1 traction or something? Regardless, she’s going to be really slow turning, her wheels slipping on the ground similar to Season 3 Huge, meaning that I can waste her time by pushing her onto that wet patch of the arena, where she will take an eternity to get off, wasting her time and letting that match timer go down for an awfully long amount of time, I will repeat this move multiple times. With how my Wedgelets are spaced out, her wheels will slot nicely inbetween them to make it a whole lot easier to push her about, big-wheeled HDPE bots like that just don’t have the traction nor the torque to monster truck over me, despite my low height, once slotted inbetween her wheels, her hammer arm is simple way too long to get a hit on me. My low height also will mean it takes longer for that hammer to get to me and with my speed, it means I’ll be trickier. Even when pushing her from the side, which I’ll be doing primarily, I shouldn’t struggle to push her too much with her lack of drive-power, I can push her a good few feet forwards before she can drive off, Wedgelets being tricky to drive on with all the gaps, even with big wheels. For the most part, other than pushing her into the wet spot and retreating, it’s all about getting her into the sweeper, letting it smash into those wheels with its hammers, the weapon being on basically the same shaft means that it’ll be taking a knocking too, multiple hits should mess its ‘oomph’ up. It’s an orbital, pneumatic hammer with not a lot of bottle room, it won’t be hitting at full potential all match with all those misses, I can take a few hits with my armour and she can only fire forwards, meaning, attacking from behind should be hazard free. Be tricky, bob and weave on approaches.

Best of luck.